Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Open home this weekend how many sold

Open home this weekend how many sold

Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Open home this weekend how many sold

HI chaps

I just thought I would do a little mini survey as to how long houses on this side of the pond ie Aus are taking to sell. We went on the market on the
16th of June and so far have had 7 couples through which includes this weekend gone. But no offers

I just wondered how many people you guys are getting through at open homes and if people are still buying.

I know its been mentioned before but I am getting quite obsessesed with the sale or lack of now and just want to see how others are fairing. I did read in an article someone had placed on the net that the average aussies home is taking 75days to sell. Any more info anyone?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice
Default Re: Open home this weekend how many sold

Originally Posted by nicola411
HI chaps

I just thought I would do a little mini survey as to how long houses on this side of the pond ie Aus are taking to sell. We went on the market on the
16th of June and so far have had 7 couples through which includes this weekend gone. But no offers

I just wondered how many people you guys are getting through at open homes and if people are still buying.

I know its been mentioned before but I am getting quite obsessesed with the sale or lack of now and just want to see how others are fairing. I did read in an article someone had placed on the net that the average aussies home is taking 75days to sell. Any more info anyone?
How house has been on the market for 12 months now, estate agent overpriced in the beginning, but have reduced it by $100,000.00 the last 8 weeks and still no joy, we get people looking, but they haven't sold their own place.

Hope you have better look!!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Renie
How house has been on the market for 12 months now, estate agent overpriced in the beginning, but have reduced it by $100,000.00 the last 8 weeks and still no joy, we get people looking, but they haven't sold their own place.

Hope you have better look!!
Thanks Renie its crap at the mo isnt it. The problem is it doesnt do much for monday morning moral though either. I WANT TO GO HOME AAAAAAAAAAHH.

Whereabouts in the country are you?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi
we don't have a house on the market, but notice that two in our street in Robina (around the $500 000 mark) had boards put up about 4 and 3 weeks ago respectively, and they now both have sold stickers across them.
Maybe it depends what price range the properties are in as to how fast they are selling, ie. may be more first time buyers entering the market with no chain. Good luck, hope you sell your house soon.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

HI chaps

Hi Nicola,

Our home has been on the market since June 08, we have had a few problems with our agent (not advertising, should be on the nternet but still has not been put on due to problems with his "site" and wrong address when advertised etc) we have had home opens nearly every other Sunday and the least we had was 3 couples through, Sunday just gone 7 couples, we have dropped our house price but still no offers....we are getting fed up,desperate etc as our life is just on hold and our oldest son is just soooo desperate to return home and start college for september we are having to think of ways we can send him home (he is 17 and already has a place at college) we just never thought it would take this long to sell our last homes flew off the market before we had even put the board up outside which is just typical of our luck!!!!!
some reasons for no offers wereeople had to sell their own homes, did not have enough money or were just looking only one couple said our home did not suite them......
Good luck and hopefully we will all sell soon and be just where we want to be!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

We are in NZ , sadly I think it is the same all over and the higher the price bracket, generally the longer it will take to sell as there is naturally a smaller market the higher up the ladder you go, add in a recession and its all hanging by a thread!!! We have been on the market since June 08 and we have open homes every Sunday...we haven't had one person through...

The last property we had sold in 3 wks, the one before that sold before it even went on the market!

GOODLUCK to everybody
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Had mine up for 6 months in Perth, no offers. Took it off the market for 6 weeks then up for sale again now. Only been 2 weeks but no offers and crappy home opens arn't bringing many through.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

troj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant future

Hi,

We put our house on the market at the end of April. We have just sold it this week... Hurah!

We had plenty of viewings but very few offers. In the end we accepted a cash/un-conditional offer at a lower price than we were expecting.

Having said that, we still feel strongly that the agent over priced it in the first place, which resulted in it taking so long to sell as the damage was done in the first 2 weeks.

Never mind! The SOLD sign is up and we're on the plane in 24 days!

P
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by troj
Hi,

We put our house on the market at the end of April. We have just sold it this week... Hurah!

We had plenty of viewings but very few offers. In the end we accepted a cash/un-conditional offer at a lower price than we were expecting.

Having said that, we still feel strongly that the agent over priced it in the first place, which resulted in it taking so long to sell as the damage was done in the first 2 weeks.

P
Good news for you, you must be so excited, wish it was me though, all the best
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Renie its crap at the mo isnt it. The problem is it doesnt do much for monday morning moral though either. I WANT TO GO HOME AAAAAAAAAAHH.

Whereabouts in the country are you?
Caloundra and still no joy, I am losing my patience though.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

troj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Renie
Good news for you, you must be so excited, wish it was me though, all the best
Keep the faith!! We took an $80k hit on ours to sell it! (20 - 25% drop).
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

P
Oh well done and all the very best of luck to you.....hopefully we can write a "post" just like you soon.....I think the same damage was done through our Agent...and believe you me we had to be really firm about us lowering our house price.....that happend last week..but was not put into the paper at the new price (boy have we had some problems with this agent...it's our last weekend with our contract....not sure what to do after that) so hopefully we will have better luck this weeking...everything is being crossed...and I mean everything....it's killing my eyes..amongst other things...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

peanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nice

Hi,

P
Great news!!

You lucky bugger pass some house selling karma my way. I think everyone selling at the mo is taking a hit on their asking price so I wouldnt feel too bad about that. WELL DONE\
NIcola
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Keep the faith!! We took an $80k hit on ours to sell it! (20 - 25% drop).
GULP!!! maybe we did not lower ours enough......
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Oh well done and all the very best of luck to you.....hopefully we can write a "post" just like you soon.....I think the same damage was done through our Agent...and believe you me we had to be really firm about us lowering our house price.....that happend last week..but was not put into the paper at the new price (boy have we had some problems with this agent...it's our last weekend with our contract....not sure what to do after that) so hopefully we will have better luck this weeking...everything is being crossed...and I mean everything....it's killing my eyes..amongst other things...
Our house was due to go to auction this Saturday. We too had everything crossed including the cats whiskers!! But, had it not sold, our plan was to take it off the market for a couple of weeks, re-paint the door frames etc in a different colour then put it back on with another agent.... Not sure it would have worked but we were running out of ideas!!

One thing I will say is that we had more interest/viewings once we took the price off the advert... Suppose the limited buyers are looking for bargains? We decided to let them have one so we could get on with our lives!

All the best

P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.