OMG - A glimmer of hope

Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG - A glimmer of hope

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Last night my very upset 19 year old confessed she wants to go back to Scotland (we have been here just over 4 years),
She has done brilliantly in that time, I couldnt have asked for any more, you could've knocked me down with a feather after this revelation last night.
My initial reaction was its a boyfriend problem (they have been together over a year), but its definately not, infact this is her worry here, is his reaction, Knowing the boy v.well (and i confess i am exceptionally fond of him), i think we might be returning with plus one son

She is at university here and wants to go back to Scotland and go to uni, now we know it will be tricky (the 3 bloody year rule and all that,), but we're gonna look into it all, and if it works out that she will be able to go to uni, then we will be looking at heading back june/july 2012 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

I have wanted to return the first six months we got here, family said no , etc, etc, even daughter who is now desperate to go home. Husband said no, he is so laid back he's horizontal, and his reaction last night was s'pose it would be best

Well, knock me down with a feather!

Sounds exactly like our story but the only diff is my daughter is 12. And Substitute Scotland for England!

Yes, out of blue, she wants to go back to Blighty as she does not like it here anymore...

So we are now 10 weeks from going back and the daughter is to put it mildly absolutely ecstatic.

Soon, we will have to ship over lock, stock and barrels! (plus a cat too!)

Good luck Margaret!

Home sweet home, me thinks
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:27 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG - A glimmer of hope

Wow, this is the news you've been waiting on for so long Margaret. I hope you can all work something out to get back soon, and I truly hope it all works out for you. Was driving past your old neck of the woods 3 weeks ago and thinking of you.