British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   An Old Guy Going Home - Advice Please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/old-guy-going-home-advice-please-593129/)

Jules Europe Feb 23rd 2009 4:58 pm

Re: An Old Guy Going Home - Advice Please

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7314374)
Ok.....i forgive you :) Just dont ever ignore me again OK :p......But your wish to have a thread answering your question only....Will not ever happen, not on BE anyway
Best to just anjoy and chew the fat :D

I suppose one can anjoy the fat when eating chips and scraps:lol:

sans Feb 23rd 2009 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 7314396)
I suppose one can anjoy the fat when eating chips and scraps:lol:

Dont forget the salt and vinegar :p

Jules Europe Feb 23rd 2009 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7314410)
Dont forget the salt and vinegar :p

Honey, with me around...............you won`t need salt and vinegar.

sans Feb 23rd 2009 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 7314437)
Honey, with me around...............you won`t need salt and vinegar.

Oow......you'd have to be very tasty :D for me to denounce me vinegar Jewels....

Jules Europe Feb 23rd 2009 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7314568)
Oow......you'd have to be very tasty :D for me to denounce me vinegar Jewels....

mmm more on that another day because I just realized we are on a thread where somebody needs advice (a serious thread) Pardon the intrusion Catch-22.

sans Feb 23rd 2009 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 7314589)
mmm more on that another day because I just realized we are on a thread where somebody needs advice (a serious thread) Pardon the intrusion Catch-22.

Did you slither :rofl::rofl:

cricket1again Feb 23rd 2009 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by catch22 (Post 7312430)
cricket1 - You would be about 3 hours ahead of me - right?

Yep, I think Oz is about 3 hours ahead.

Pollyana Feb 23rd 2009 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by catch22 (Post 7314146)
Thanks Pollyanna. I do understand the nature of forums, but the Catch22 is if you open up with your life story straightaway alarm bells ring and it seems if you don't they ring as well. I'm not quite sure what makes my story 'very unusual' except perhaps the nature of my work and my reasons for doing it, but that's not the topic of my post.
Personally, I don't think my situation would be more 'on topic' in a Far East forum because my post is not about the Far East, it's about an old guy who's looking for advice re going home:)

Its unusual as far as BE goes. The suggestion of the Far East forum was merely because you were saying that you didn't want to post your story on this thread and take it off topic. As you are new to BE it was quite possible that you were unaware of the existence of the other forum.

The only reason for my posting on here at all was because the thread had been reported.

cricket1again Feb 23rd 2009 8:44 pm

I think any cloak and dagger posts make people both nosy and suspicious, It makes it look like something is being hidden and therefore not genuine. I'm not suggesting you're not sincere, just that when someone pours their whole life story out, they tend to get a barrage of immediate support and people wanting to offer help. I have seen this many times on this forum. There are some very kind and caring people here.
Of course, you may not feel comfortable doing this and this should be respected but maybe as you post a bit more about yourself, you'll find more people willing to step in and offer advice.

Personally, I don't mind if threads meander and go off topic, I think it makes them more interesting. Bit like going on a mystery tour.
As long as you don't put your real identity out there, you're safe to make friends and open up a bit more. Then you get more back. Just my own experience talking here. :)
Whatever you do, don't ignore the women who answer your posts or you will be up the creek without a paddle.:rofl:

Heljinder Feb 23rd 2009 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by catch22 (Post 7313745)
Something suspect??

I placed some straight forward questions for advice and received a few very constructive answers including your Sans (sorry) and then the topic was taken off thread and I tried to bring it back......

I know I'm new to EP, but what must I do? I can't phrase every word to satisy everyone's curiosity and I really do fail to see anything suspect.

Let me make it crystal clear. I'm an old guy planning to go home and welcome....GENUINELY welcome advice.

PLEASE, refrain from making statements that might prevent people from posting - it's not fair.

Thanks very much :)

Please accept my apologies for my remark. Some thoughts popped into my mind about your guardedness, which is why I made that silly comment. You have every right to keep your life private, and no one has the right, including myself to intrude. Sorry.

sans Feb 23rd 2009 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by cricket1 (Post 7315391)
I think any cloak and dagger posts make people both nosy and suspicious, It makes it look like something is being hidden and therefore not genuine. I'm not suggesting you're not sincere, just that when someone pours their whole life story out, they tend to get a barrage of immediate support and people wanting to offer help. I have seen this many times on this forum. There are some very kind and caring people here.
Of course, you may not feel comfortable doing this and this should be respected but maybe as you post a bit more about yourself, you'll find more people willing to step in and offer advice.

Personally, I don't mind if threads meander and go off topic, I think it makes them more interesting. Bit like going on a mystery tour.
As long as you don't put your real identity out there, you're safe to make friends and open up a bit more. Then you get more back. Just my own experience talking here. :)
Whatever you do, don't ignore the women who answer your posts or you will be up the creek without a paddle.:rofl:

Err Hum...........Just clearing my throat here :blink: Popcorn anyone ;)

cricket1again Feb 23rd 2009 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7315760)
Err Hum...........Just clearing my throat here :blink: Popcorn anyone ;)

It's called ice breaking.;) I learned the technique while living in Australia. Didn't get me anywhere but I still have all this knowledge now that i don't know what to do with.:rofl:

sans Feb 23rd 2009 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by cricket1 (Post 7315769)
It's called ice breaking.;) I learned the technique while living in Australia. Didn't get me anywhere but I still have all this knowledge now that i don't know what to do with.:rofl:

Well seeing as you are coming home now...best learn to stick out your tongue sweetie it breaks lots of ice :D:p

cricket1again Feb 23rd 2009 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7315782)
Well seeing as you are coming home now...best learn to stick out your tongue sweetie it breaks lots of ice :D:p

I will take your advice and see what happens. :)

sans Feb 23rd 2009 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by cricket1 (Post 7315789)
I will take your advice and see what happens. :)

Disclaimer ....haha Its got absolutley nothing to do with me if Cricket gets punched on the nose, for sticking her tongue out AT THE GREAT BRITISH PUBLIC ;)