Wikiposts

Old British Adverts

Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Old British Adverts

Originally Posted by Juswus
I'm a secret lemonade drinker....RWhites, RWhites....I been trying to give it up but it's one of those nights...RWhites, RWhites
RWHITES LEMONAAAAAAADDE!!!!

Watch out, watch out there's a Humphrey about (with the red and white straws, advertising milk I think)

Hey Eddi, how come you're such a big hit with the girls?
Well you can tell from what I'm drinkin that I'm really kinda cool oh yeah, uh huh huh
I take a pepsi from the counter and I *something something something* oh yeah, uh huh huh
And I when I get to where they're sittin that's my chance to treat this kitten to a Pepsi
OOOOH PEPSI COLA, LIP SMACKIN PEPSI COLA

forgot about that one, my uncle used to sing the rwhites song

Cresta "It's frothy man"

how could i forget this one the fit bird flake ads, (sing) "only the crumbliest flakeiest chocolate tastes like chocolate never tasted before" soz 4 the spelling

the milky bars are on me
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

' course you can Malcolm
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

PAL - Dog Food

Prolongs
Active
Life

Lord alone knows why that one has stuck all these years!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
anyone know how to get fresh cherry juice out of clothes?
I've always found a good sharp pair of scissors works a treat!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

cornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
-

- "Go on. Be a devil" (also for fresh cream cakes)

I said that to the vicar at my niece's christening! Everyone left the room...
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornishvellan
I said that to the vicar at my niece's christening! Everyone left the room...
love it. do you get invited to funerals?!!!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

cornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
love it. do you get invited to funerals?!!!
The funny thing was that it just came out, spontaneous like! I think one of the worst things that I did was when I was a kid was tell my elder sister's best friend that she (my sister) thought she was ugly. Believe me, my sister wanted to kill me!

We ought to start a thread on embarrassing moments. Anyone got any good stories to tell?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

OMG! I nearly fell off the chair when I saw this! I haven't seen, let alone thought about it for YEARS!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Gettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to all

"Accrington Stanley? 'oo are they?!"

possibly the finest milk advert ever.

That and the absolutely superb John West Salmon advert with the bloke getting into a kung fu fight with a bear.

First time I saw that I fell off my chair laughing- I show it to everyone I think would appreciate it in the US
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER
I don't recall ever seeing this before, but what an unusual and elaborate way of trying to get people to learn to swim!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here's another of my old favourites too.

"(jingle)If you're out to get the best in burgers
we've got everything under the bun.
Wimpy is the home of the hamburger
for the greatest burgers under the bun"
(Voiceover) "There's countryside goodness in Wimpys new wholemeal bun.
Browned to perfection, it tops the delicious quarter pounder on every Wimpy Burger!"
(Jingle resumes) "Wimpy is the home of the hamburger for the greatest burgers under the bun.
We've got the greatest burgers under the bun!"

http://www.youtube.com/v/vCN_4yDM1bI&hl=en&fs=1
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is one of the ones I mentioned on the first post of this thread but I forgot to put in the words. I do know the words to it reasonably well so here goes:

(Jingle) "Life is looking so much better
since we got it all together.
Baking bread, there's nothing fresher
when you've got it all together.
Time to sit, time for leisure,
we've been doing it so much better since we got it all together.
And with Asda price as good as ever,
you've got it all together better!" (followed by the end bit of the famous Asda "pocket the difference" tune)
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:32 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
' course you can Malcolm
omg...that made my brother Malcolm's life a misery for years!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:21 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

you can't put a better bit o butter on your bread !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.