Oh what a joy

Old May 12th 2004, 12:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
After 25 years in the Australian removal industry, and seeing far more people than have ever graced the , forums of this site . It is amazing how so many set them selves up as experts, how long were you here?????.............mm
And what in general do you believe the returners reasons were?
Old May 12th 2004, 1:08 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
IMHO? There ain't no place like home. It's inevitably the main reason. It's the reason I'm leaving the US for Australia,
Old May 12th 2004, 9:05 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

An inabilty to adapt, to a foreign enviroment, for what ever reason. And frustration at not being able to change it.
Old May 12th 2004, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

angelica will become famous soon enoughangelica will become famous soon enough

An inabilty to adapt, to a foreign enviroment, for what ever reason. And frustration at not being able to change it.
I could easily have adapted, just didnt want to or have to. I didnt move to Australia out of necessity, I was just curious to see if I would like it. Didnt like it there so I moved back. Simple as that. No need to get frustrated over anything, just chill. Lifes too short to put up with what doesnt suit.
Old May 12th 2004, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angelica
I could easily have adapted, just didnt want to or have to. I didnt move to Australia out of necessity, I was just curious to see if I would like it. Didnt like it there so I moved back. Simple as that. No need to get frustrated over anything, just chill. Lifes too short to put up with what doesnt suit.

If adapting wasn't an objective then why even bother moving there? It was just a waste of time.

An extended vacation would have done the job.
Old May 12th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by flashman
If adapting wasn't an objective then why even bother moving there? It was just a waste of time.

Like so many people who emigrate, I was bored with life in UK & wanted to see if living in Oz would have been better for us as a family before our kids started secondary school.

A holiday wouldnt have let us experience the ins & outs of day to day living in another country like going to school, looking for work, getting to know the neighbours etc.

Waste of time it wasnt as it has enriched our lives in a fantastically positive way. In the great scheme of things its only been 6 months of our lives and the whole experience has been worthwhile. Im not bitter
Old May 12th 2004, 6:21 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry did,nt realise i sounded frustrated these forums "don,t cha know"...... i personally dont give a stuff how many people come here for , i make money out of it either way, but after 25 yrs of packing them up, and p@#$ing them off, i still have ,to come to grips with some of the reasons ,for leaving. What does ,amaze me is how many jobs i have come across, were one partner has fled the country,and left the other behind,because they hav,nt dealt with the emotions of change,prehaps psycho-analysis should be come part of the emmigration process .................. MM
Old May 13th 2004, 3:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry did,nt realise i sounded frustrated these forums "don,t cha know"...... i personally dont give a stuff how many people come here for , i make money out of it either way, but after 25 yrs of packing them up, and p@#$ing them off, i still have ,to come to grips with some of the reasons ,for leaving. What does ,amaze me is how many jobs i have come across, were one partner has fled the country,and left the other behind,because they hav,nt dealt with the emotions of change,prehaps psycho-analysis should be come part of the emmigration process .................. MM
Do you reckon they came here because they thought that might solve their relationship difficulties? A bit like in one of the couples in those reality TV programs on moving here.
Old May 13th 2004, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Pandah is an unknown quantity at this point

Like so many people who emigrate, I was bored with life in UK & wanted to see if living in Oz would have been better for us as a family before our kids started secondary school.

A holiday wouldnt have let us experience the ins & outs of day to day living in another country like going to school, looking for work, getting to know the neighbours etc.

Waste of time it wasnt as it has enriched our lives in a fantastically positive way. In the great scheme of things its only been 6 months of our lives and the whole experience has been worthwhile. Im not bitter
I have been watching this site for 6 months now and this is the first time of writing! My wife and I have also now decided to come home! And I just have to say that I completely agree with Angelica's last points.
Will hopefully be home June/July
Old May 13th 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pandah
I have been watching this site for 6 months now and this is the first time of writing! My wife and I have also now decided to come home! And I just have to say that I completely agree with Angelica's last points.
Will hopefully be home June/July
good for you Pandah! If youre like us in our thinking you wont regret a moment of it! Where are you heading back to & is it just you & Mrs Pandah or do you have little cubs?!
Old May 13th 2004, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Clare Everest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by flashman

An extended vacation doesn't give you work or allow your children to carry on with an education!!
Old May 13th 2004, 11:05 am
Banned

Do you reckon they came here because they thought that might solve their relationship difficulties? A bit like in one of the couples in those reality TV programs on moving here.
Example one, pom family come here to jump start tired, relation ship, he after 18 mths loves it here, runs off with wife of new found friends, we move in pack up wife and kids, return to original destination [bradford]. example two , pom marrys skippy, in uk, eventually talks partner into moving to oz, he is here 9 mths can,t make friends, [ uni proff] ?? shoots back to uk , leaves missu,s to wind up all the affairs , and sell house , she says "bugga'' you, and we move in pack up his side of house ,send back to uk. just some examples in the last 3 mths from one company ,and thats just Adelaide....................... MM
Old May 13th 2004, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Pandah is an unknown quantity at this point

good for you Pandah! If youre like us in our thinking you wont regret a moment of it! Where are you heading back to & is it just you & Mrs Pandah or do you have little cubs?!
Hi Angelica!
Yes we do have a little boy cub aged 3 1/2, we are heading back to Buckinghamshire or one of the other Shire's not really sure yet.
When did you say you were planning on being home?

Pandah
Old May 14th 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pandah
Hi Angelica!
Yes we do have a little boy cub aged 3 1/2, we are heading back to Buckinghamshire or one of the other Shire's not really sure yet.
When did you say you were planning on being home?

Pandah
Hi Pandah, we're already home! Have been for a couple of months now. Wouldnt swap my life with anyone just now, our family's future looks pretty good from where Im standing in little ole England! Good luck with your move back!