Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Wikiposts

Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Old Dec 15th 2010, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Gab - off topic?? Perhaps a little. frisky???
Not at all. Most times, my Wife is lying on the next bed. She has Thai massage ( pressure points only) Whilst I have Oil massage.
Patients in the hospital clinic , and me included, tend to wander off and dream, as it is so relaxing, for the one and a half hours.
That is when I start to think of the places like Greggs, I miss till we get back, into the land of the living. Regards All, Don
LOL ...I am sure your mind wonders to Greggs

Our local High Street has /had one ,I think they do a really nice cheese and bacon 'something ' -do you know the name ?

Not long for you now ...

BTW,do you think your wife will enjoy bakery products ?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome

Our local High Street has /had one ,I think they do a really nice cheese and bacon 'something ' -do you know the name ?

Not long for you now ...

No Gab, she does not eat, Bread, Cakes nor Pastries - understandable really - They cannot do cakes - you should see them. All exactly the same, but some may have a cherry on top ( but not the glace' ones), they do have. cream, well it is what I call 'ersatz' - totally bland.. She will eat sausage, but uses lots of chilli on everything. - But Tesco/Lotus here, do sell French sticks! ... however, Greggs, I need to get shares, I think! love don
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

No Gab, she does not eat, Bread, Cakes nor Pastries - understandable really - They cannot do cakes - you should see them. All exactly the same, but some may have a cherry on top ( but not the glace' ones), they do have. cream, well it is what I call 'ersatz' - totally bland.. She will eat sausage, but uses lots of chilli on everything. - But Tesco/Lotus here, do sell French sticks! ... however, Greggs, I need to get shares, I think! love don
PS Gab - I think it is called breakfast Roll, they were £1.50 in 2007 when we left UK. - (with a coffee). Oh! Tim does not like tea either! - nor spirits. Don
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:02 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Not long for you now ...

You haven't lived until you have sampled a Scottish tattie pancake and lorne sausage "roll" (that's not the same as a "sausage roll", but a "roll"/bun with tattie pancake and lorne/square sausage) ...
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dunroving
You haven't lived until you have sampled a Scottish tattie pancake and lorne sausage "roll" (that's not the same as a "sausage roll", but a "roll"/bun with tattie pancake and lorne/square sausage) ...
Yummm,my taste buds are watering now ...very tempting
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Yummm,my taste buds are watering now ...very tempting
Hello Gab, Dunrovin, hasn't mentioned Haggis - you haven't lived till you have enjoyed, the whole thing - the 'piping in', the carving, and the fantastic taste. beautiful. but then, my Father served in the Black Watch, and my surname, is from Edinburgh, in 1294. love don
Old Dec 16th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Gab, Dunrovin, hasn't mentioned Haggis - you haven't lived till you have enjoyed, the whole thing - the 'piping in', the carving, and the fantastic taste. beautiful. but then, my Father served in the Black Watch, and my surname, is from Edinburgh, in 1294. love don
No,I haven't ever tried Haggis ..I am sure that the M&S one is not a patch on an authentic one

I should go back to visit Scotland someday ,I have only been to Glasgow once and that was working with Greek clients -nobody to even show me round lol !

Another bakery favourite has just come back to me ,Belgian Bun

I am sure Greggs has those too ...
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:54 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! As a veggie, my mouth is watering too, but it's that nasty taste you get right before you vomit
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Ha! As a veggie, my mouth is watering too, but it's that nasty taste you get right before you vomit
Oh Come on Sally - No problem Got to get you a veggie pasty then. ( or I can tell Tippawan my thai Wife, to cook for you - they all eat veggie, most of the time, as I have to!!!) Stop Salivating! No Joke! I shall prepare for you and Jackie and Rod and all from here who make it! - no sweat! dontheturner
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:35 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I'm an amazing cook - no problems there

(Also modest)