Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Wikiposts

Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:33 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Say between Wales, and the Midlands of Birmingham. (go West from Birmingham.) Much more Rural, is Shropshire - lots of greenery. Oh! And we do have a 'City of the Future', TELFORD. dontheturner
I grew up in Coventry, Warwickshire (now part of the West Midlands ) and used to drive through Shropshire on the way to North Wales (a landmark is the 'Wrekin').

The town of Ludlow in Shropshire is very beautiful - and like Shrewsbury has lots of Tudor black & white buildings. There was a very funny TV comedy mini-series in the mid-80s called 'Blott on the Landscape' which was filmed in Ludlow, particulary an old inn set in the town square.

I had a boyfriend who used to go to boarding school in Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire. The countryside is glorious around there. Actually Herefordshire is also a county further south which also borders Wales....again lovely countryside too.

Going slightly off-topic; Dontheturner - what are you doing at Christmas this year? I know it's not really celebrated in Thailand (although many of the tourist hotels and shopping areas will put up decorations and a tree). I'm flying from New York to Singapore next week, but Christmas just doesn't feel right in the tropics...

Do you have a Tesco Lotus supermarket in your area? I spotted one in Phuket, and they're also in Malaysia - but sadly not in Singapore (although of course they're nowhere near as good as the 'real thing' in the UK!). I've also seen a couple of 'Boots the Chemist' shops in Bangkok - even doing the '3 for 2' promotions like they have in the UK......I reckon their biggest sellers are Western size condoms....
Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I did "O" level Social & Economic History which covered the Industrial Revolution. We went on a fun-filled school trip to Coalbrookdale/Blists Hill museum (a working museum, lots of guides/workers dressed in Victorian clothes and operating machinery, selling items in the shops, making candles etc.) and to Ironbridge. I went back there a few years ago with my parents and kids - my dad thought it was wonderful.
PS English mum, And those other things - NEVER worn one. So Although I know they split, no chance with me! don
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

PS English mum, And those other things - NEVER worn one. So Although I know they split, no chance with me! don
Errr, Don, TMI.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dunroving
Errr, Don, TMI.
? don
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:57 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

? don
TMI = Too Much Information.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

TMI = Too Much Information.
Who To? And what was that all about? Please explain your self.

I don't think you have any idea, what the lady was talking to me about. < Unless of course you are under the age of consent. Don
Old Dec 7th 2010, 11:17 pm
Ping-ponger

Who To? And what was that all about? Please explain your self.

I don't think you have any idea, what the lady was talking to me about. < Unless of course you are under the age of consent. Don
Don, OK, maybe I have to spell it out - do we really need to know the details of your condom-using habits?

And why woould I have no idea what she was talking about? I can read and I can use Google if I need further information.

And I wouldn't tell a "lady" whether I use a condom on a public forum (and I definitely include Englishmum under that definition).

Keep yer 'air on.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don, OK, maybe I have to spell it out - do we really need to know the details of your condom-using habits?

And why woould I have no idea what she was talking about? I can read and I can use Google if I need further information.

And I wouldn't tell a "lady" whether I use a condom on a public forum (and I definitely include Englishmum under that definition).

Keep yer 'air on.
It was dealt with, Past & Gone. Why did you need to resurrect it? You do this too much. Don't bother me. grow up. Second time you have tried to pull me up about things. We do not need it. (Go back and study Gumtree if it is so good).
Old Dec 7th 2010, 11:59 pm
Ping-ponger

It was dealt with, Past & Gone. Why did you need to resurrect it? You do this too much. Don't bother me. grow up. Second time you have tried to pull me up about things. We do not need it. (Go back and study Gumtree if it is so good).
Maybe I'm not keeping up (hard to do in this thread!), but I didn't see any post where this was "dealt with".

The TMI reference is usually used as a humorous comment - if you are "bothered" by a mild, subtle comment objecting to you using sexual innuendo then I think this maybe says more about you than it does about me (perhaps that possibility hasn't occurred to you?). I'm not sure who really needs to grow up.

As for telling me to "Go back to Gumtree", that's the sort of comment I expect from a redneck, not an expat. The UK belief in free speech - surely you remember that? I've contributed to this site for years, always within the rules of conduct, and I don't intend to stop now.

I think you need to get over yourself and move on. I can't see why you wanted to perpetuate this line of discussion in the first place.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:54 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Quote from DTT on 50's/60's thread:

TT - It is not just the pies - everything in Greggs, just makes you so hungry!
Including the pasties, and the bread, also Salad Sandwiches.
You really need to go to www.greggs.co.uk and you will be in the shop! Went to the local Hospital, for FREE medication repeats today, and the Doc (She) gave me 6 months supply, and said for us to go back, two weeks before we leave, for another repeat, and we shall be taking a large cake, for the massage girls, (who Oil me up) and one for the nurses too. (67 Days to leave here) Love Don. xx

He's at it again!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:54 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so confused by this thread!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I'm so confused by this thread!
You are not the only one .

What type of things are ment to be posted here BTW ?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:44 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

It's a cut and paste from the 50's/60's thread on the moving back to UK forum.

I'm guessing it was removed as it was 'off topic' from the other contributions to the thread.

I think the guy who made the comments (Don) gets a bit frisky with the ladies at times and his comments reflect this. Hence.....

Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
It's a cut and paste from the 50's/60's thread on the moving back to UK forum.

I'm guessing it was removed as it was 'off topic' from the other contributions to the thread.

I think the guy who made the comments (Don) gets a bit frisky with the ladies at times and his comments reflect this. Hence.....

Right ,I was wondering if it was a thread for Don's 'cheeky ' moments !

Thanks for explaining
Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
You are not the only one .

What type of things are ment to be posted here BTW ?
Gab - off topic?? Perhaps a little. frisky???
Not at all. Most times, my Wife is lying on the next bed. She has Thai massage ( pressure points only) Whilst I have Oil massage.
Patients in the hospital clinic , and me included, tend to wander off and dream, as it is so relaxing, for the one and a half hours.
That is when I start to think of the places like Greggs, I miss till we get back, into the land of the living. Regards All, Don

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.