Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Observations after a month back in UK

Observations after a month back in UK

Old May 25th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Observations after a month back in UK

Originally Posted by dingbat
"Bundles" as we so delightfully called them back then, were commonplace on the Queens Rd/London Rd junction. I had my arm broken once and in return broke someone's jaw, just because they thought that we thought we were better than them. I will decline to comment on the small matter of who passed the 13+ and who didn't.....
ah yes, i remember the good old bundle (accompanied by the chant of "fight, fight, fight"). another fave hangout was outside burger king in the town centre

we used to get the same stick about being snobs and thinking we were better from vinters girls. think they were just jealous as they were all slappers
Old May 25th 2007, 1:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
ah yes, i remember the good old bundle (accompanied by the chant of "fight, fight, fight"). another fave hangout was outside burger king in the town centre

we used to get the same stick about being snobs and thinking we were better from vinters girls. think they were just jealous as they were all slappers
Was Simon Stock not a good school then? Kate was rather la-di-da kind of girl from West Malling, I always assumed she would have gone to a nice school.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Was Simon Stock not a good school then? Kate was rather la-di-da kind of girl from West Malling, I always assumed she would have gone to a nice school.
oh yeah, i think stocky was a good school if i remember correctly. i think it was highly religious though and they were still taught by nuns, hence quite strict.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:51 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah, i think stocky was a good school if i remember correctly. i think it was highly religious though and they were still taught by nuns, hence quite strict.
There was only one nun when I was there, it was not strict and those who could left to go to MGGS or MS for G. The SSS lot were the "CSE" candidates, the rest who left were the O/A level ones. Hence the turd envy, as we used to call it. Quite a rotten system really, but back then everything went on exams and ability to sit them well. There was an equal distribution of slappers however, and I do believe that MGGS had more up the duff in fifth year than SSS one year. Quite the acheivement.
Old May 25th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the positive feedback all - I was expecting a slating!

Kath - West Malling is totally gorgeous, I'd love to live there or Kemsing. Went there to a very smart Chinese restaurant (might have been called Feng Shui?) one night, definitely recommend it. Housing is very expensive tho - hope you made lots on your Aussie property!

Desire - so are you Maidstone born and bred? Did you got to school there? We might know one another?! Sorry to hear you have been having a tough time, it's not always easy is it.
I used to go to Vinters High School for Girls in Union Street Maidstone, many moons ago (left 1981/82). gone now its flats and houses there...

Just read your bit about being a slapper!!!!! I was NOT!!!!!! LOL!!! I remember you lot in your horrible brown uniform sand we had horrid green ones!!! LOL.... Must admit loads of girls did get pregnant at Vinters....

We used to hang around Vinters Boys ....we used to have to walk past their school for play sports on the field!!!!!

There is an indian restaraunt in East Malling really lovely food, cant remember the name but its on the corner your cant miss it as there is only a little high street there.

Last edited by Kath & Graham; May 25th 2007 at 5:38 am.
Old May 25th 2007, 6:25 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I’d jot down my general observations after a month in the UK.
Nice post rabsody. Totally agree with you about eating out here - while there are some nice restaurants, and many pubs do offer good grub, there are too many crappy big chains taking over - Brewers Fayres, Millers Kitchens, Henry's Table's etc - horrible!!
Old May 25th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Nice post rabsody. Totally agree with you about eating out here - while there are some nice restaurants, and many pubs do offer good grub, there are too many crappy big chains taking over - Brewers Fayres, Millers Kitchens, Henry's Table's etc - horrible!!
Hi Louise,

I've been waiting for you to update my "The UK pics thread" with some of your great pics now that you're back in the UK.

Look forward to seeing them.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
I used to go to Vinters High School for Girls in Union Street Maidstone, many moons ago (left 1981/82). gone now its flats and houses there...

Just read your bit about being a slapper!!!!! I was NOT!!!!!! LOL!!! I remember you lot in your horrible brown uniform sand we had horrid green ones!!! LOL.... Must admit loads of girls did get pregnant at Vinters....

We used to hang around Vinters Boys ....we used to have to walk past their school for play sports on the field!!!!!

Tee hee, well I had to give you lot the slappers dig as we used to cop it all the time about being snobs etc!! I was actually at Invicta (horrid purple and blue uniform!) so every time we went up to the hockey field, up past Vinters Boys, we used to get it in the neck from you lot on your way down from there. My first boyfriend was from Vinters Boys It's now a mixed school called Valley Park Community School.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:06 am
Banned

JohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud of

dfd
Old May 28th 2007, 10:11 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnStang
dfd
What does that mean?
Old May 28th 2007, 2:56 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alicecat
What does that mean?
Donald Fauntleroy Duck....the full name of Donald Duck maybe...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:51 am
Just Joined

R.Sitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Your from my neck of the woods, must say when I was back in Maidstone a few months ago, I didnt see so many chavs!! but Chatham was a real dump, ...and I think Mitchell Highway is a busy as any motorway in UK!!!

Must say agree with the eating out bit, cant fault food in restaraunts here in OZ, but back home nobody seems to complain if theres crappy food served!!!

We are seriously thinking of settling back that way, still love West Malling and around that area!!
Dont do it!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by R.Sitch
Dont do it!!
eh i've been wondering what that meant but forgot to ask! come on, tell ......
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JohnStang
dfd
i meant this any ideas?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

i meant this any ideas?
i thought it meant ........don't f***ing do it.........but then realised it was only dfd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.