NZ to UK Removals

Old Feb 28th 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ to UK Removals

Originally Posted by kooch
Dude,
if you want to save yourself a shed load of money and have your belongings moved exactly how you want, and at your convienience, click on this site.
http://www.mainfreight.co.nz/NZ/en/NZ-Home.aspx
i moved from taurangam ask for Catherine i can give her number if required.
they will send a container to you door, give you 10 days in which to fill it and they colleect ot all in the price, the only down side iis you have to do your own customs clearance which is a piece of cake, i can also give you contact details for that also,
i did it all for less than$4000nz and thats door to door, i also have the best contact for pets etc
hope this helps
Hi Kooch,
Who did you use for your pets (what kind of pets) and how much was it?
Cheers,
Markk
Old Mar 13th 2011, 4:48 am
Just Joined

celticx1973 is a jewel in the roughcelticx1973 is a jewel in the roughcelticx1973 is a jewel in the roughcelticx1973 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
if anyone has any advice on who to use for shipping stuff back to Scotland, i would be really grateful. Also need to send back 2 cats and a dog. Currently in Christchurch but after September and February we have had enough. we had already made the decision to head back but the recent events have only made our decision even stronger.

thanks
Old Mar 13th 2011, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

KevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really nice

Hi, must be bloody awful down there, we are in Wellington and after last month my wife is expecting the big one here next.
I got 3 quotes in the end - The moving company were the cheapest, about 8.5 k for a 20 foot container, the Grace were just over 9k, then crown at 11k. We are using Venture pets in wellington for the cat and dog, they are used by most companies, who mark up the cost by another thousand - so about 5.5k for the 2 animals + vet stuff prior to leaving. We have had them chipped and vaccinated against rabies.
Hope this helps, we are just waiting for the house to sell, then we are off.

All the best

Kev
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinS
Thanks for the heads up, we are getting a quote from Grace and Conroy and also looking at the Moving Company. Glad you have settled - we have lived in a few places, and if I was staying I think I would have moved even further south, but there is even less work there. But we have signed up with Venturepets, they were almost 1200 bucks cheaper than the other quotes we had, and came highly recommended.
Good luck.

Kevin
I also rate the Moving Company. Have used twice.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:57 am
Just Joined

celticx1973 is a jewel in the roughcelticx1973 is a jewel in the roughcelticx1973 is a jewel in the roughcelticx1973 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kev

thanks for getting back to me and thanks very much for the information regarding the removal companies. This will be really handy.
life in CHCH since September has not been good, we are constantly on edge all the time.

Anyway thanks again, i really do appreciate it.

mark
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Hi, must be bloody awful down there, we are in Wellington and after last month my wife is expecting the big one here next.
I got 3 quotes in the end - The moving company were the cheapest, about 8.5 k for a 20 foot container, the Grace were just over 9k, then crown at 11k. We are using Venture pets in wellington for the cat and dog, they are used by most companies, who mark up the cost by another thousand - so about 5.5k for the 2 animals + vet stuff prior to leaving. We have had them chipped and vaccinated against rabies.
Hope this helps, we are just waiting for the house to sell, then we are off.

All the best

Kev
Kevin did you get your citizenship? did they state what the problem was?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

KevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really nice

Hi Patrick, yes after 11 months, loads of emails, letters and phone calls - I got a phone call from the secretary to the minister asking me to send a letter from my business stating my travel to Oz was genuinely for business and not to set up a residence there. There are many families who do get their citizenship purely to move to Oz, we know an English couple who did just that - but they had no problem getting their citizenship, I was totally honest about my working over there and only applied for myself, not the family and I got a load of hassle, go figure. Anyway, all water under the bridge now as we have had enough and going home, sick of working in Oz -

Kevin
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Hi Patrick, yes after 11 months, loads of emails, letters and phone calls - I got a phone call from the secretary to the minister asking me to send a letter from my business stating my travel to Oz was genuinely for business and not to set up a residence there. There are many families who do get their citizenship purely to move to Oz, we know an English couple who did just that - but they had no problem getting their citizenship, I was totally honest about my working over there and only applied for myself, not the family and I got a load of hassle, go figure. Anyway, all water under the bridge now as we have had enough and going home, sick of working in Oz -

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
11 months thats bad that. At least you got a result. All the best on your move mate.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kooch
Dude,
if you want to save yourself a shed load of money and have your belongings moved exactly how you want, and at your convienience, click on this site.
http://www.mainfreight.co.nz/NZ/en/NZ-Home.aspx
i moved from taurangam ask for Catherine i can give her number if required.
they will send a container to you door, give you 10 days in which to fill it and they colleect ot all in the price, the only down side iis you have to do your own customs clearance which is a piece of cake, i can also give you contact details for that also,
i did it all for less than$4000nz and thats door to door, i also have the best contact for pets etc
hope this helps
Got any decent contacts for shipping pets, we are looking to move over to Europe late end of the year.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonesey
Got any decent contacts for shipping pets, we are looking to move over to Europe late end of the year.
Hi,

www.southerncomfortkennels.co.nz

Carole
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Thanks Carole will see what they quote me.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

we used Venture pets out of Wellington but they also operate out of Auckland and could not recommend them enough!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:08 am
Just Joined

got a quote from the moving company - really good, will see what the others come back with now.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by celticx1973
got a quote from the moving company - really good, will see what the others come back with now.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for that got a quote for $2,250 to Madrid which is not bad for 1 dog and 1 cat.

Mick
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

Right first time back on here for ages.. we moved in August last year. if you dont mind a bit of hard work and spending a bit of time you can do it really cheap. I organised the container to get delivered to my door then picked up when it was loaded ( you can have it for 20 days if needed ) the customs paperwork is a doddle, you just itemise everything and put a sticker on everything with a number. I got all my boxes and bubble wrap/ cardboard wrap from storage king and packed it all ourselves. It took a morning to pack the container between two of us.and it cost under $6000 door to door. got the container here for three hours to unload. Its not hard at all, We had quotes of between $8000-$12000 why pay them to pack it for $4000 more than you can do yourself ????

Last edited by welshwales; Mar 23rd 2011 at 6:48 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.