NZ to UK Removals

Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

KevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really nice
Default NZ to UK Removals

Hi Everyone, been a while. Well the house is on the market at last, the dog and cat have got their blood test results back (positive - yahoo!!). So now I am sorting out removal quotes. We moved here with PSS, but they only use agents at this end, and although the UK end was superb - we weren't over impressed with the NZ end. So have any of you recent returners any recommendations??
Hoping to get back for Spring, will be nice to have 2 summers - not that you can call the gale blowing outside Summer!!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NZ to UK Removals

Originally Posted by KevinS
Hi Everyone, been a while. Well the house is on the market at last, the dog and cat have got their blood test results back (positive - yahoo!!). So now I am sorting out removal quotes. We moved here with PSS, but they only use agents at this end, and although the UK end was superb - we weren't over impressed with the NZ end. So have any of you recent returners any recommendations??
Hoping to get back for Spring, will be nice to have 2 summers - not that you can call the gale blowing outside Summer!!
We moved back with vanlines full sole use 20ft container and they gave us a high quote.
After shopping arounf for cheaper quotes I asked tehm to match it and they did.
I cant remeber the exact amount but it was circa $8500
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

KevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really nice

Thanks Ken, we have a quote to come from Crown, just looking for other alternatives to compare against.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Ken, we have a quote to come from Crown, just looking for other alternatives to compare against.
Alos have a look at www.themovingcompany.co.nz

Talk to Jenny Linford
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Ken, will ring them in the morning.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Ken, will ring them in the morning.
Hi,

Give these a call, they were very profesional and gave us a fair quote.
http://www.conroy.co.nz/

Carole
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi Carole, have got a quote from them, very reasonable, they have a local office. Did you use them and if so was it a good experience?
Thanks. Kevin
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carole, have got a quote from them, very reasonable, they have a local office. Did you use them and if so was it a good experience?
Thanks. Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Yes they came round to give us a quote and were very professional and nice. Kept in touch via email but were'nt pushy.
Can I ask why your leaving?

Cheers

Carole
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Carole,
Thanks for that.
Many reasons for leaving. We have been here 7 years and came, as everyone does, for a better lifestyle and to reunite my wifes family. There is very little work here for me in NZ, and what there is doesn't pay enough to allow me to take a permanent job (and pay the huge mortgage) - not in an area where we prefer to live. We have enjoyed the South Island, but apart from Wellington, we haven't been over impressed with the North Island. We are older, and my daughter has been unable to get a job - so our quality of life is worse than before. We have tried, lived in 2 areas, but at the end of the day we don't belong here. As the secretary to the minister of internal affairs said, when I applied for citizenship "You are not the kind of person we want in our country" - that was the final straw for us.
Great for a holiday, but I don't want to live here anymore.

Kevin
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice

We used "The moving company" back in September and would recommend them.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:02 am
Milana

Milana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant future

What cheek! Did they actually say 'you are not the kind of person we want in our country'? That's outrageous! What sort of person do they want?? My friend's grandmother had a similar experience with residency. I regret having New Zealand citizenship and will be renouncing it as soon as I can. I don't like it here and am fed up being associated with it. Just like the emergency clinics' ageism in only treating children for 24 hour care and the blatant sexism and racism when my uncle attemptedto join the police ("if you were Asian, Maori or female, we'd have you, but you're a white male"). NZ is backward and discriminatory.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

I would not recommend you use CROWN we had a really bad expereince from Wellington to Cornwall in Jan 2010, I have moved many times in my life at it was the worst move we have ever had never again. PM me if you want to know more we lived in wellington from 2008-2010 we went back to the UK in Jan 2010 and by August we were back to Auckland an area I never would of thought I would be but enjoying it. We used Venture Pets from Wellington who were brilliant could not recommend them enough.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the heads up, we are getting a quote from Grace and Conroy and also looking at the Moving Company. Glad you have settled - we have lived in a few places, and if I was staying I think I would have moved even further south, but there is even less work there. But we have signed up with Venturepets, they were almost 1200 bucks cheaper than the other quotes we had, and came highly recommended.
Good luck.

Kevin
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:53 am
Milana

Milana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant future

Contrary to a few of these messages, my husband and I actually had a fantastic experience with CROWN, we moved all of our belongings from Auckland to Reigate. Two weeks later we shipped from Reigate to Dar es Salaam on a spur of the moment decision...
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:43 am
Just Joined

kooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to all

Dude,
if you want to save yourself a shed load of money and have your belongings moved exactly how you want, and at your convienience, click on this site.
http://www.mainfreight.co.nz/NZ/en/NZ-Home.aspx
i moved from taurangam ask for Catherine i can give her number if required.
they will send a container to you door, give you 10 days in which to fill it and they colleect ot all in the price, the only down side iis you have to do your own customs clearance which is a piece of cake, i can also give you contact details for that also,
i did it all for less than$4000nz and thats door to door, i also have the best contact for pets etc
hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.