NZ-UK

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:42 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ-UK

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Oh good luck with everything.
Thanks.

How is it going with yourselves?

Just had convoys in and the guy was nice. Should have a quote tomorrow. Apparently I will be over a 20ft container. Oh well. Figured that might be the case.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:10 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Were doing ok. Conroys come on 17th April to pack furniture. I have felt a bit weird the last few days but it's just nerves. How you feeling?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:54 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Sad, mostly.

I am leaving my family, and in the last year or so I have made a couple of good friends.
But I know, having done this before how to keep in touch with everyone, and that some who I think will keep in touch won't. So I guess there is a bit of excepting that as well.
Sad for my three eldest kids. They have been here 7 yrs (are 11, 9 and 7) so it really is all they know.

But it is a big adventure, and we are going back to family and friends so ...

And nervous as it is a big change, one we have done once before as a family ( and I have done once by myself all those years ago when I originally went to the uk). So I know the struggle ahead.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we are heading back to the UK, dates not yet confirmed but should be sometime before September so starting to think about shipping and was wondering if anyone could advise if there are any specific rules about what can and can't be shipped back to the UK? I know that I spent a lot of time cleaning stuff from the shed/garden, removing pine cones from a Christmas tree and was unable to bring some wooden untreated furniture. So wondering if its the same sort of rules and regs to return to the UK.

Has anyone had any recent quotes on a 20ft to the UK? We used to Crown from the UK and then again for a move from Auckland to Christchurch but on both occasions had problems with them so would be interested to hear how some of you get on with the companies that you are using.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deley
Looks like we are heading back to the UK, dates not yet confirmed but should be sometime before September so starting to think about shipping and was wondering if anyone could advise if there are any specific rules about what can and can't be shipped back to the UK? I know that I spent a lot of time cleaning stuff from the shed/garden, removing pine cones from a Christmas tree and was unable to bring some wooden untreated furniture. So wondering if its the same sort of rules and regs to return to the UK.

Has anyone had any recent quotes on a 20ft to the UK? We used to Crown from the UK and then again for a move from Auckland to Christchurch but on both occasions had problems with them so would be interested to hear how some of you get on with the companies that you are using.

Many thanks in advance.
This is what we were told (coming from US):

Not fussy about mud but no wood from outside in case it has bugs it.

No house paint, candles, oils. Just to be safe I didn't put any kinds of paint/glue or similar in.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 10:28 am
ble
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deley

Many thanks in advance.
Hi

We got a quote for 13k for 3/4 of a 40 ft container. That was with Convoy.

Got a quote of 10.5k for 20ft container 'condensed packed' from Crown. Both companies were shown the same items to ship, and we got back in touch with Convoy for any way we could reduce the cost.

So we are going with Crowns.
All our precious things got broken in the Sept earthquake so not bothered or precious about that sort of stuff.
We were going to get a quote from The Moving Co, but they couldn't give me an appt within 2 weeks as they were too busy. I just wanted a decision made so I could move into the next task.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 10:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hope the move is going smoothly for all you NZ to UK bound.

Has anyone heard from Pippa at all?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - have heard from her, she was off enjoying WLG and what not. Not due back in UK just yet. I plan on catching up with her again sometime when both of us are back! Not long now......
Old May 3rd 2014, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Sally Redux and ble for your replies, gives me a starting point.

We got a quote for 13k for 3/4 of a 40 ft container. That was with Convoy.

Got a quote of 10.5k for 20ft container 'condensed packed' from Crown. Both companies were shown the same items to ship, and we got back in touch with Convoy for any way we could reduce the cost.
When we had quotes to come from the UK, I made the mistake of getting too many companies out to quote, of which some said we would fit a 20ft and other said we would need more space. In the end we decided it would be a 20ft and what wouldn't fit would not be coming with us.

Good luck with your moves, hope if all goes smoothly.
Old May 3rd 2014, 10:53 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone

I havent had much internet on the South Island and so it has been hard to keep you all updated. I loved Wellington. What a beautiful, friendly city. The South Island was amazing. I know I was in holiday mode but the South Island is what I thought NZ was all about. The scenery was breathtaking. I actually felt at home there.

It has been a total 'tug-of-war' with emotions these last 2 weeks. We left from Christchurch yesterday and we are in Hong Kong now. How do I feel? I feel like a pair of worn out pants in a washing machine! Hope that makes sense
Old May 4th 2014, 2:39 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Boarding now..........last call for the flight back to reality. Sanity will stabilise en route.

Wellington is good for a day trip. I think it would get very samey if I lived there. Even if we lived in a commutable suburb, that would be going back to what we had in Britain.

The scenery of the south island is amazing. However, once you've seen it you've seen it.

Take care, I hope by the time you read this you will have completed the last leg of your journey. Even taking the 'why aye' city shuttle to Newcastle

Last edited by Snap Shot; May 4th 2014 at 2:44 am. Reason: smiley
Old May 4th 2014, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for your start in the UK! Have a good flight, be happily reunited with your family and friends, find a good job, and a nice area to live in! All the best.
Old May 9th 2014, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

Are you back yet Pippalonghorn? Dying to know how it all went.
Old May 9th 2014, 6:28 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

She's scheduled to leave Hong Kong shortly
Old May 9th 2014, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Safe journey home Pip x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.