NZ-UK

Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:18 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ-UK

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Any update counts!
Yes it does, keep 'em coming please.

We want to know whether you had latte or flat white at the airport whilst waiting for your flight.

Any little detail will do. Unless you feel like you are being stalked. In fact, the airport has you on CCTV.......
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Yes it does, keep 'em coming please.

We want to know whether you had latte or flat white at the airport whilst waiting for your flight.

Any little detail will do. Unless you feel like you are being stalked. In fact, the airport has you on CCTV.......
It's like "Big Brother" is watching you type senario hey!? (Must really stop with the hey) lol

I think I will go for my last trim flat white as I will miss NZ coffee for sure!!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
It's like "Big Brother" is watching you type senario hey!? (Must really stop with the hey) lol

I think I will go for my last trim flat white as I will miss NZ coffee for sure!!
You mean 'trum flet white'...Costa Flat White is best chain one in UK.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:23 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
You mean 'trum flet white'...Costa Flat White is best chain one in UK.
It might be called Flat White but it tastes Costa Crap.....change to tea and don't go looking for NZ coffee....
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
Hi all, just an update house all packed and now were at hotel at airport out flight is tomorrow night and house completes tomorrow!

So tired and full of nerves eeeek!! X
Safe journey...looking forward to hearing how it all goes.....
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

At auckland airport minus 1hr 15 to go! Woohoo x
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:14 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh rub it in why don't you......

Only joking. Safe travels and happy landing.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Soon you will see your family!! Lucky you.

I wish I would be home too, sitting down with my parents and sister for a nice Kölsch
Old Sep 21st 2013, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi all- landed safe and sound on Friday been asleep for last 14 hours now wide awake at 5am which isn't too bad!

Journey was hellish but I hate flying.

Impressions so far... I can't stop smiling ... Only been in taxi to temp pad in London and it feels 'normal' and 'in the real world' if that makes sense?

When it gets light we will be off to food shops as starving so will update later
Old Sep 21st 2013, 4:52 am
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Congratulations, you lucky people! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy................
Best of British to you and yours and hope it all goes marvellously! It would be brilliant to read your update when you settle including the good, the bad and the ugly!
Cheers!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:31 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

I can't bleeding wait for the food shopping update!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

mikehum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Good luck to 'NZ4Now', look forward to hearing how you get on.

We are a family of 4 (two children 8 & 9) and been in NZ Auckland for just one year. The pull to come here was also having family who are in Christchurch but sadly the glove doesn't seem to fit! Looking to go back to the UK although no time scales but not wanting to make it a 2nd year here.
Apart from the emotional reasons of wanting to go back it doesn't seem to make financial sense to stay with the cost of property in Auckland. With the price of property in Auckland overheating confirms the decision to go back, why would we pay over $500,000 for a poorly insulated house with no garden. How can you compete with people who are paying 300k over the CV price.
The kids are relatively happy in school although I do have concerns over the education and feel that they have fallen behind since being here.

Do sometimes think that maybe we should try living in another part of NZ but obviously that depends on getting jobs there too. Ideally we would have gone to Christchurch but the job opportunity was here in Auckland.
We were fairly sure than within a few months of arriving that NZ isn't for us. It has made us appreciate what we had back in the UK. We don't regret coming and have had some great times but want to get back to our homeland and get on with our lives. There is also some guilt in that as I said before part of the reason for coming was to be closer to the wife's family (her parents & sisters family- who came here 5 & 10 years ago from the UK) but then to tell them we are going to return to the UK.

Sorry to have rambled on, this is the first time we have posted regarding moving back to the UK.
Good luck to you all and will be good seeing how everyone gets on.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Fishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant future

You could try a different part of NZ, maybe in the South Is. then you'd be nearer to family and maybe find a cheaper house. Reckon Christchurch will be the place to be, with the rebuild already bringing lots of new jobs.

Regarding education, I thought it wasn't as good as UK when I first came but now I see it differently, maybe because i 've changed. But i think the education system here allows the kids to be kids for a bit longer and concentrates on the whole child and all round skills like confidence and thinking skills rather than just turning out kids who can pass exams.That's what will back fire in the UK as there is no creativity. They make up for it later here. Just hope it doesn't go the way of UK here, which sadly it looks like it could.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
It might be called Flat White but it tastes Costa Crap.....change to tea and don't go looking for NZ coffee....
Not true - depends on the barista.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 12:22 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikehum
Hi,

Good luck to 'NZ4Now', look forward to hearing how you get on.

We are a family of 4 (two children 8 & 9) and been in NZ Auckland for just one year. The pull to come here was also having family who are in Christchurch but sadly the glove doesn't seem to fit! Looking to go back to the UK although no time scales but not wanting to make it a 2nd year here.
Apart from the emotional reasons of wanting to go back it doesn't seem to make financial sense to stay with the cost of property in Auckland. With the price of property in Auckland overheating confirms the decision to go back, why would we pay over $500,000 for a poorly insulated house with no garden. How can you compete with people who are paying 300k over the CV price.
The kids are relatively happy in school although I do have concerns over the education and feel that they have fallen behind since being here.

Do sometimes think that maybe we should try living in another part of NZ but obviously that depends on getting jobs there too. Ideally we would have gone to Christchurch but the job opportunity was here in Auckland.
We were fairly sure than within a few months of arriving that NZ isn't for us. It has made us appreciate what we had back in the UK. We don't regret coming and have had some great times but want to get back to our homeland and get on with our lives. There is also some guilt in that as I said before part of the reason for coming was to be closer to the wife's family (her parents & sisters family- who came here 5 & 10 years ago from the UK) but then to tell them we are going to return to the UK.

Sorry to have rambled on, this is the first time we have posted regarding moving back to the UK.
Good luck to you all and will be good seeing how everyone gets on.

Hi. Welcome to our group. it is a very emotional time when you make "the decision". that's what this group is for. Loads of support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.