NZ-UK

Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:59 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ-UK

Originally Posted by pixiewink
Put it on Trade Me about 1 month before you fly...

Say in your advert that it can't be released to the new owner until 1 week before you fly...

Then as SnapShot said...hire for one week....you will also have you transport to take you to the airport.....YAY....another problem solved!!!!

Us ladies are sooo good when we put our brains into action together!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Us ladies are sooo good when we put our brains into action together!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:13 am
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Knock, knock, please can I come in?
We too are moving back next May, thank God!
Husband and kids (will be 11 and 9 then) won't let me sell our house in exchange for staying in the UK for an unspecified amount of time so we'll have to rent it out.
My theory is that the kids will love seeing family, going to school, experiencing new things etc (they were 5 and 3 when we left) that they won't want to come back to NZ and hence we will sell up here (will only break even, boo!).
Now have citizenship (put $1400 on credit card) as I wanted that done and dusted before we left in case we end up in UK with no jobs as opposed to coming back to NZ with our old jobs. I can't see it happening, but never say never!
Have started to sell some stuff on Trade Me to reduce storage/shipping space, so have made a start.
Thanks to everyone for posting, it makes me feel so much better, knowing I'm not the only one!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:17 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:20 am
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Thank you Snap Shot Hope you are OK. Lots of luck for the job hunting.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:23 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Hoping for a miracle as me and luck have fallen out.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:42 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pintaguiness-pickledegg
Thank you Snap Shot Hope you are OK. Lots of luck for the job hunting.
Welcome to the nuthouse section. Pleased you found it. Were all in the same boat on here... setting off sail for home at some point!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pintaguiness-pickledegg
Knock, knock, please can I come in?
We too are moving back next May, thank God!
Husband and kids (will be 11 and 9 then) won't let me sell our house in exchange for staying in the UK for an unspecified amount of time so we'll have to rent it out.
My theory is that the kids will love seeing family, going to school, experiencing new things etc (they were 5 and 3 when we left) that they won't want to come back to NZ and hence we will sell up here (will only break even, boo!).
Now have citizenship (put $1400 on credit card) as I wanted that done and dusted before we left in case we end up in UK with no jobs as opposed to coming back to NZ with our old jobs. I can't see it happening, but never say never!
Have started to sell some stuff on Trade Me to reduce storage/shipping space, so have made a start.
Thanks to everyone for posting, it makes me feel so much better, knowing I'm not the only one!
"Doors Open"
Old Sep 12th 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Welcome

Good luck with your move home!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Fishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant future

Hi. Reading your posts with interest and thought I would through myself into the mix.
Trying to work out if going back to the UK is really the right thing for myself and family. Hubbie not keen and haven't mentioned it to 3 kids yet but pretty sure they will jump at it. Trying to get better/permanent job and if that doesn't come off by xmas then will have to make decision to leave career behind and stay in NZ or return where I think I will have better job. (i'm a teacher and have been happy doing associated work and relieving but have left it too late to get NZ experience under my belt.)
Got 2 about to start uni so that would be huge expense in UK and totally illogical. Also my mum immigrated a yr ago! She has made most of it, but I know secretly she would jump at chance to go back. All very complicated, but so expensive living here, we just get by and would be mortgage free in Uk with current rates of exchange. Really worried though its a case of the grass is greener and would regret it after 6 mths. Have been here for 7 yrs and been happy until last 6 mths.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fishy
Hi. Reading your posts with interest and thought I would through myself into the mix.
Trying to work out if going back to the UK is really the right thing for myself and family. Hubbie not keen and haven't mentioned it to 3 kids yet but pretty sure they will jump at it. Trying to get better/permanent job and if that doesn't come off by xmas then will have to make decision to leave career behind and stay in NZ or return where I think I will have better job. (i'm a teacher and have been happy doing associated work and relieving but have left it too late to get NZ experience under my belt.)
Got 2 about to start uni so that would be huge expense in UK and totally illogical. Also my mum immigrated a yr ago! She has made most of it, but I know secretly she would jump at chance to go back. All very complicated, but so expensive living here, we just get by and would be mortgage free in Uk with current rates of exchange. Really worried though its a case of the grass is greener and would regret it after 6 mths. Have been here for 7 yrs and been happy until last 6 mths.
Please don't think me rude....but are you a 40 something too?

Seems to be a connection between being 40 something and getting that 7 year itch...

Good luck with your decision...still working on the same.....
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Fishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant future

49! Yes, maybe that's it!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fishy
49! Yes, maybe that's it!
Maybe we are just at that time in our lives when we just want to be where we feel like its home....

Good luck FISHY
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pixiewink
Maybe we are just at that time in our lives when we just want to be where we feel like its home....

Good luck FISHY
I am a 34 so nearly a 40 something haha! OH is a 40 something

I just want to be home and the thought makes me smile soo much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.