now your back !!!!

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Re: now your back !!!!

I know what you mean about canada I dont like it here myself I want to leave but dont want to go back to the UK. its hard here to make friends and the work is stepping backwards. You know you have to have a degree to get in and once ur here they do not take it what shit is that.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reading fan
..........The only people that matter to me are my husband and children - family and friends will always exist but my familys happiness are what matter

I think that this is the most important point. If you are moving back for family and friends, really understand what the day to day will be like. when you are on holiday it's different, as everyone wants to spend some time with you before you go back and it's all busy. It needs to be understood when you get back into the day to day routine, it's not that holiday spirit anymore and people need time for their own lives too.

What I will say is, is that if you understand this, and have a good understanding of what it will be like and you still want to do it, definitely go for it.

Of course, then there are those that just love the country itself and want to go back. This is an easier situation and you know, can go for a holiday and trial run the situation.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:36 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firefox
I know what you mean about canada I dont like it here myself I want to leave but dont want to go back to the UK. its hard here to make friends and the work is stepping backwards. You know you have to have a degree to get in and once ur here they do not take it what shit is that.
Its even worse when you do go back and hate it even more than when you left.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

[F]I know what you mean but I dont hate the UK just dont want to be there but I am getting to a point where I do hate calgary and the culture here. Since we have been here the crime rate is going up and the cost of living keeps going up to.

I know I can find work back in the UK, the old company that I use to work for would have me back even after 3 years and I have another job offer to but like I have said I just dont fancy going back to the UK I dont miss anything about the UK other then the beer and the cost of traveling abroad which is so expensive from here.

I am looking at asia but at my age I dont know if I would be able to find work and I used all my money coming here, and you know the winter is just around the corner which can drop down to -50 not so nice

any way have a good pint of british beer for me
Firefox

[/FONT]
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi all have been back about 7 weeks now and its been a very challenging time But despite all the challenges it most definately has been the right decision.

Hopefully next week things may be a little more settled and will have enough time to post an update..........................
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: now your back !!!!

Been back since Feb..so so happy..kids x3 so happy and getting so much more out of school, sport, friends etc. Didn't realise at the time of moving out what we were giving up, attracted by the materialistic opportunity of bigger house better car, weather and the misconception that Aus is the dream lifestyle...oh how wrong we were. In all honesty I got so fed up with the weather in Perth and was desperate for some 'fresh' air..(you certainly get that in Scotland!)

Aussie husband home for good in 3 days, giving up a very good job but has secured just as good as one to come home to. Happy to have tried the lifestyle but oh so much happier to be back and so more appreciative of what living, working and being educated in Scotland has to offer.
So in all absolutely delighted to be back and glad we didn't dither and procrastinate..knew in our hearts it wasn't best in the long term..great for holidays but could never have hacked Perth for life...and for us far better opportunities for the children here. Look forward to a holiday over there in a year or two but definitely this time on a return ticket!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lorids, great to hear things are going well for you in Scotland, I am heading back next year.
When you get time would you be able to post a new thread on your life in Scotland please? There are quite a few of us heading back that way soon.
Cheers
Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:57 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Hi all have been back about 7 weeks now and its been a very challenging time But despite all the challenges it most definately has been the right decision.

Hopefully next week things may be a little more settled and will have enough time to post an update..........................
Originally Posted by lorids
Been back since Feb..so so happy..kids x3 so happy and getting so much more out of school, sport, friends etc. Didn't realise at the time of moving out what we were giving up, attracted by the materialistic opportunity of bigger house better car, weather and the misconception that Aus is the dream lifestyle...oh how wrong we were. In all honesty I got so fed up with the weather in Perth and was desperate for some 'fresh' air..(you certainly get that in Scotland!)

Aussie husband home for good in 3 days, giving up a very good job but has secured just as good as one to come home to. Happy to have tried the lifestyle but oh so much happier to be back and so more appreciative of what living, working and being educated in Scotland has to offer.
So in all absolutely delighted to be back and glad we didn't dither and procrastinate..knew in our hearts it wasn't best in the long term..great for holidays but could never have hacked Perth for life...and for us far better opportunities for the children here. Look forward to a holiday over there in a year or two but definitely this time on a return ticket!
So glad you guys are enjoying life back home

Hope I'll be saying that in a week!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

OMG is it really only a week!! Are you crazy excited yet
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

My God Tracy you are going back next week,that time just seems to have flow bye !!!!!!

I bet you are getting excited now,please kept in touch when you get settled in.

All the very best on your return home.

Cheers I.G.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TraceyW

I should add that I have just returned from coaching the school hockey dressed in two thermals, two fleeces and a ski jacket!!...but still smiling!! All the very best for your return x
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Clangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tillysmum

May I ask what has been challenging about being back??
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:08 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clangers
May I ask what has been challenging about being back??
I know this was not directed at me... but the line that tillysmum posted is pretty much my view about returning to the UK... It was the right decision for us thus far - but there are challenges. For one, we can't get a flat without a job - so we are living out of suitcases and making the rounds through our friends' houses. Secondly, even though I am getting a lot more interviews than I ever did in Canada, given the global credit crisis, it is extremely hard to find work. Some companies are pulling jobs even after interviewing candidates, because they don't want to spend the money.

I am glad we came back because I was unemployed in Canada as well - and between the two places, my chances of employment in an approriate line of work are much higher here than there. But in this current climate I would actually advise anyone in decent employment to stay put where they are until it blows over - be it "stuck" overseas or in the UK! Upping and leaving a place without a job is currently a very risky thing to do!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:12 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorids

Nice to hear from you again L and pleased you are happy with your decision.

What I don't understand is why some people just cannot, or will not accept, that the majority who do return to their roots are happy. As for the poster who said that people don't care about you being back after the initial arrival, so what!? Is that what you went back for, for people to make a fuss over you and tell you constantly how much you were missed? They had lives before you left and continued with them when you were gone. I have a very close family and a number of close friends who do still miss us, even after almost 12 years, but I certainly do not expect them to be beside themselves with joy and fuss and fawn all over us when we do finally go home. I know they'll be happy, but again, they have their own lives to lead and we will have ours, which will of course include them.

As for shopping, yes I do miss the choices and the decent food, but that would never be a reason for us to return, although it will hopefully make shopping a more pleasurable experience again.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Nice to hear from you again L and pleased you are happy with your decision.

What I don't understand is why some people just cannot, or will not accept, that the majority who do return to their roots are happy. As for the poster who said that people don't care about you being back after the initial arrival, so what!? Is that what you went back for, for people to make a fuss over you and tell you constantly how much you were missed? They had lives before you left and continued with them when you were gone. I have a very close family and a number of close friends who do still miss us, even after almost 12 years, but I certainly do not expect them to be beside themselves with joy and fuss and fawn all over us when we do finally go home. I know they'll be happy, but again, they have their own lives to lead and we will have ours, which will of course include them.

As for shopping, yes I do miss the choices and the decent food, but that would never be a reason for us to return, although it will hopefully make shopping a more pleasurable experience again.
Agree completely, SG! Mind you, you could always visit me for a cuppa when you get back if no-body else is that bothered!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.