Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Now the house starts to fall apart

Wikiposts

Now the house starts to fall apart

Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Now the house starts to fall apart

I know the feeling regarding family,they are my reason for staying in Oz.

Most people tell me that I am wrong remaining here for them,it's such an awful place to be ( go or stay ).
In the end only each of us can make that decision
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:55 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
I know the feeling regarding family,they are my reason for staying in Oz.

Most people tell me that I am wrong remaining here for them,it's such an awful place to be ( go or stay ).
In the end only each of us can make that decision
Exactly, and you know if I hadn't have done my 1 year trip, maybe I wouldn't be going back for good, who knows?

BUT after being there for a year it has been REALLY hard trying to live back here and I just can't hack it any more.

Whereabouts are you I.G.?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

I am in Adelaide.

What area of Sydney are you in?

we used to live in Gosford on the Central Coast,have you been there?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:20 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I am in Adelaide.

What area of Sydney are you in?

we used to live in Gosford on the Central Coast,have you been there?
Gosford is really nice, in my last job one of our major suppliers is based up that way.

How do you find Adelaide? I was told it was very boring and have never visited there.

Then today, Celticspirit on the over 50's thread said it was really lovely there and there were lots of English people living there and she felt right at home. Oh well too late for a holiday now.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Like most places after you have lived there for a number of years does get boring.

I have been lucky having lived in most parts of oz except Darwin,and I might add have no thoughts about going there to live way way toooo hot for me , visited my daughter who lives there only once, that was enough Lol.

Yes there area lot of British people here in Adelaide,got to say I think you would find it boring after having lived in Sydney !!!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:33 pm
Home Sweet Home

Like most places after you have lived there for a number of years does get boring.

I have been lucky having lived in most parts of oz except Darwin,and I might add have no thoughts about going there to live way way toooo hot for me , visited my daughter who lives there only once, that was enough Lol.

Yes there area lot of British people here in Adelaide,got to say I think you would find it boring after having lived in Sydney !!!!

Well I find Sydney boring LOL!! I would fall asleep in Adelaide LOL!!

I am in the Sutherland Shire aka God's Country by the locals.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:00 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well I find Sydney boring LOL!! I would fall asleep in Adelaide LOL!!

I am in the Sutherland Shire aka God's Country by the locals.
I spent two nights in Adelaide.....zzzzzzzz.......I liked Sydney though, and Melbourne had some cool art around the streets.

Best of luck with your move. So excited for you. It's fantastic to be back home.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:03 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I spent two nights in Adelaide.....zzzzzzzz.......I liked Sydney though, and Melbourne had some cool art around the streets.

Best of luck with your move. So excited for you. It's fantastic to be back home.
You and others do give me hope Lillybilly on my dark nights of doubt and indecision LOL!!

Thank You.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I need that little head banging icon found it.
We are in the home stretch, Dh has completely re painted outside (last summer) and it looks lovely, he has almost finished painting inside too. He's mr fix it. Only now the flippin house wants to fall down about our heads. The stupid AC/Heat unit on the roof decided to act up, now I think it has a mind of it's own. I run it as fan only occasionally in winter to draw heat to the bedrooms from the front room where the wood burner is, works brilliantly (well it did) Then it decided it isn't going to turn off when I flipped the switch off. So then Im afraid the whole unit isn't working right.
Well it got cold enough for me to try it out, I put on the heat and it worked as it's supposed to, we'll see if the AC works once it gets hot. I am not spending $8,000 to $10,000 on a new unit. That is the quote my friend got her went out on Monday. I'm sinking in a money pit and need every penny to buy when we get to UK.
OK rant over sorry about that.

You never know you might not have a warm spring/summer so no need to use the A/C....(well you can hope) when I try and chill after a stressful day/time.....its a Cadburys Cream Egg with a glass of Blossoms White Zinfandel....it works for me anyway. Good luck with everything
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

We visited Adelaide and found after a few weeks you really had seen and done most of the touristy things...which were nice but we could not live there, most of the Brits living there who we spoke to thought the same, many of the Brits found it easier to Migrate to Australia via the Adelaide route hence why so many were migrating there...a big push by South Australia to help boost the population apparently ....one of my faults (and I have many lol) is that if I enjoy my holiday I always say..."oh I'd love to live here" but it's not real life when your on holiday....does not stop me saying it though...lol...