Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Now the house starts to fall apart

Wikiposts

Now the house starts to fall apart

Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:51 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now the house starts to fall apart

I need that little head banging icon found it.
We are in the home stretch, Dh has completely re painted outside (last summer) and it looks lovely, he has almost finished painting inside too. He's mr fix it. Only now the flippin house wants to fall down about our heads. The stupid AC/Heat unit on the roof decided to act up, now I think it has a mind of it's own. I run it as fan only occasionally in winter to draw heat to the bedrooms from the front room where the wood burner is, works brilliantly (well it did) Then it decided it isn't going to turn off when I flipped the switch off. So then Im afraid the whole unit isn't working right.
Well it got cold enough for me to try it out, I put on the heat and it worked as it's supposed to, we'll see if the AC works once it gets hot. I am not spending $8,000 to $10,000 on a new unit. That is the quote my friend got her went out on Monday. I'm sinking in a money pit and need every penny to buy when we get to UK.
OK rant over sorry about that.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:54 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now the house starts to fall apart

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I need that little head banging icon found it.
We are in the home stretch, Dh has completely re painted outside (last summer) and it looks lovely, he has almost finished painting inside too. He's mr fix it. Only now the flippin house wants to fall down about our heads. The stupid AC/Heat unit on the roof decided to act up, now I think it has a mind of it's own. I run it as fan only occasionally in winter to draw heat to the bedrooms from the front room where the wood burner is, works brilliantly (well it did) Then it decided it isn't going to turn off when I flipped the switch off. So then Im afraid the whole unit isn't working right.
Well it got cold enough for me to try it out, I put on the heat and it worked as it's supposed to, we'll see if the AC works once it gets hot. I am not spending $8,000 to $10,000 on a new unit. That is the quote my friend got her went out on Monday. I'm sinking in a money pit and need every penny to buy when we get to UK.
OK rant over sorry about that.
Sod's law eh?.......have a glass or two and chill
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:57 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Oh I forgot I have a bottle of bailys in the fridge, good idea, after Dd goes to bed tonight
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:57 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Agreed!!! These things are sent to try us........
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:58 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Oh I forgot I have a bottle of bailys in the fridge, good idea, after Dd goes to bed tonight
There is an ice cream here with Baileys in it, delicious!! Try some over vanilla ice-cream.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:04 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
There is an ice cream here with Baileys in it, delicious!! Try some over vanilla ice-cream.
Enjoy......nice bottle of Merlot here, followed by a cup of tea then off to bed with a hot water bottle

Too bloody cold for ice cream
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:06 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by MnB
Enjoy......nice bottle of Merlot here, followed by a cup of tea then off to bed with a hot water bottle

Too bloody cold for ice cream
Better than the stinkin' heat/humidity in my little flat!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

I hear you .

We are about to place the house on the market come spring ,the roof (that we already fixed ) is leaking again

Feel like running away sometimes and leaving it all to Indiana lol !
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:13 am
MnB

Better than the stinkin' heat/humidity in my little flat!!
Not for long............. ( I think! ....?)
Beautiful blue sky's, sunny and crispy frost's in Somerset at the moment (well....during the day it is!...its a pitch black starlit sky as we speak )
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:15 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by MnB
Not for long............. ( I think! ....?)
Beautiful blue sky's, sunny and crispy frost's in Somerset at the moment (well....during the day it is!...its a pitch black starlit sky as we speak )
Now you're talking my kind of language!!! 35 sleeps for me!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:19 am
MnB

Now you're talking my kind of language!!! 35 sleeps for me!!
Just noticed 27th Feb is 'UK day' for you Sleep well, safe travels and will look forward to welcoming you home
B x
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Not long to go now are you still feeling nervous???? Please keep in touch when you get back and let us all know how you are getting on !!!
cheers I.G.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:33 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Not long to go now are you still feeling nervous???? Please keep in touch when you get back and let us all know how you are getting on !!!
cheers I.G.
Oh I've got a way to go yet!!

I leave on Feb. 26th arrive into Manchester on Feb. 27th at 06.15am!!

One of my sister's (the very late riser) says she will be there to meet me.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Oh I've got a way to go yet!!

I leave on Feb. 26th arrive into Manchester on Feb. 27th at 06.15am!!

One of my sister's (the very late riser) says she will be there to meet me.
She will be there,she will be excited as you are to have you back Im sure
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:44 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness

She will be there,she will be excited as you are to have you back Im sure

I know! The whole family is excited I am coming back for good!

I have a family wedding to attend 2 weeks later so that will be fantastic.

But of course the down side is that my own 2 kids and 2 grand-kids will still live here in Australia, so my feelings are up and down like a roller coaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.