Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Notice of appear -I need help

Wikiposts

Notice of appear -I need help

Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notice of appear -I need help

Originally Posted by Mirela
I apologize for my grammar mistakes...I speak english only for 3 years.
I actually think your English is very good after such a short time. I was just too tired theis morning after a long night shift to change anything, but I see Rete has now done it for you.

You are in a horrible position and I really feel for you - hope you find a way to get through it all
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Mirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really nice

Thank to everybody for your support. I just want to mention all the documents I have for my I-360 and Waiver of I-751:

- join bank statements from 06 to 09 ( in 2008 I stopped to put my money in our join account - big mistake because my husband "punished' me for that)

- utilities bills on both name

- marriage license

my birth certificate

- the join documents for our car ( the only asset we have in both names)
- cards from my husband

- rental agreement

- pictures

- taxes for 07-09 ( 06 were file single because he did not wanted to file them joint)

- different letters received on both names from IRS

- car insurance on both names

- his life insurance where I am the beneficiary

- my life insurance where he is the beneficiary

-emails we send to each other when we were apart ('04-'05)

My proofs against him:

- - many letters proving that I lived at the same address with my husband (ssn, driver license)

- my self declaration ( tried to write my story with the best of my abilities)

- the translated letter my husband sent to my family after the immigration interview where he denigrated me and where he also recognized the fact that he called at my job, he open my mail, he was checking my emails, he was getting in my phone statements to see with who am I talking with, he was calling at my school. He also write in that letter that he left me on the 2nd day of our marriage under the pretext that he is going to talk with his family ...but he went to see another women. Also in there is written how he had corresponding with another women for 4 years9This women called him and she also attacked me verbally for many times)

- the police report since 2007 + other 2 proofs that I called the police and they came to our house ( no reports on those)

- the translated letters where he threaten me

- declaration of the translator

- the letters he sent me after I left to pay half of the rent and utilities and the one where the landlord told me to leave the house by April 1st (my husband and landlord good friends)

- the 2007 divorce paper and the letter from court when the divorce was dismissed

- the 2009 divorce paper and the letter (not finalized)

- the letter he sent to my lawyer that he dismissed the divorce with 2 days before hearing

- affidavits from the mom of his son stating that she knows me since I cam in US and she made a declaration in it saying the way she was abused

- affidavit from his son (who heats him)

- affidavit from another women he abused ( she described how he did dot want to gave her the passport -she was an exchange student at that time- and he asked for money in order for her to get it back and her belongings. When she gave the money to him he burned the in front of her ($500). My husband can be very intimidating.

-Affidavit form my best friend who wrote everything she knows in it.

- Affidavit from his fiend who stated that he know the reason why he got married -for an extra wage

- Affidavits from other friends who knows us (4 people)

- Affidavit from my divorce lawyer

- His credit report - shows how many debts he has

- my credit report (which is perfect)

- protection order and the my affidavit I wrote when I filled for protection order

- his naturalization paper

- letter from the shelter I lived after I left my husband

- letter from my mental counselor

- letter from Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition - where they approved me for legal Assistance

- copies of the checks I gave to my husband during 2 years

- proves that I paid my school with the money I was saving for it

- proves that i got a loan in order to pay my medical bill because he stated that we do not enough money for it ($500)

- letter form the marriage counselor

- police clearance record

- affidavits from 2 people that I am a person with a good moral character

I think these are all the things I have. I hope it will be enough.

I was able to have more proofs against my husband if i was smart before. Like loving card we received, immigration paper filled with a different women name, emails form another women he promise he will bring in US.

When he filed for divorce on 2007 he destroy all these evidence. I hope they will believe me and they will take in consideration my self declaration

My husband all the time told me that I do not have proves against him and unfortunately now it is true.

The problem is that my husband never was violent physically and his abuse was very subtle. He brought me many times into a such a high level of emotions that I was thinking to harm myself. He accused me that I was already crazy before to come in US. This is want I want to prove.

They will believe me?

I pray to God to help me. I don't want to let this person to destroy another women life. He destroyed already 3...

Thank you again to everybody for the support.

Mirela
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

good but add more mental health reports from doctors certifying your condition and actions taken to heal you.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Saito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud of

The problem is that my husband never was violent physically and his abuse was very subtle.
Mirela, just one small note: You have mentioned that your husband forced you to have sexual intercourse with him. That is physical violence. Don't think it's anything else, or that he had any right to do it because you were married.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:44 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saito
Mirela, just one small note: You have mentioned that your husband forced you to have sexual intercourse with him. That is physical violence. Don't think it's anything else, or that he had any right to do it because you were married.
actually it's rape - whether you are married to the person or not - non-consensual sexual intercourse = rape.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that my husband never was violent physically and his abuse was very subtle. He brought me many times into a such a high level of emotions that I was thinking to harm myself. He accused me that I was already crazy before to come in US. This is want I want to prove.

They will believe me?

I pray to God to help me. I don't want to let this person to destroy another women life. He destroyed already 3...

Thank you again to everybody for the support.

Mirela
Abuse is abuse, whether its subtle or not.
Many men abuse by bullying, just making you so desperate for peace and quiet that you will do anything they want, They will drive your emotions to such a pitch that - as you say - you would injure yourself to escape it.
No-one should have to put up with abuse, physical, mental or emotional.

Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

going_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nicegoing_nowhere_fast is just really nice

Dear Mirela

- I was sorry to read your story. From a mans point of view it makes me sick to the stomach to know that he would treat you like he has. I am affraid I cannot help you with any advice on your immigration situation, but just wanted to add my support and best wishes to you. No one should be treated as you have been. I wish you all the best in the future and hope that things work out the way you want them too.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Mirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Abuse is abuse, whether its subtle or not.
Many men abuse by bullying, just making you so desperate for peace and quiet that you will do anything they want, They will drive your emotions to such a pitch that - as you say - you would injure yourself to escape it.
No-one should have to put up with abuse, physical, mental or emotional.

Good luck
I did not have the courage to leave him earlyer because he succed to make me to belive that nobody will trust any word I say aginst him. In 2007 I was to the counselor seeking for help but I realised that nothing will help me as long as I am in the house with him.

I tried during my marriage to convince him that things between as ar not working and his reply was all the time that I am making things about him and nothing is real ...everiting is happening in my head.

I questening myself for many times...even now I am struggle with this.

I did some reaserch and I found out that the emotional abuse it is hard to be proove at immigration. This is want is scare me the most.

I am not afraid to go back in my country but I want to leave in my terms not because my husband wants.

This fight with INS somethimes maks be to bealive that will fufill his wish...I not.

I am sure that now he is hunting on internet for another "naive women". I have to stop him.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by going_nowhere_fast
Dear Mirela

- I was sorry to read your story. From a mans point of view it makes me sick to the stomach to know that he would treat you like he has. I am affraid I cannot help you with any advice on your immigration situation, but just wanted to add my support and best wishes to you. No one should be treated as you have been. I wish you all the best in the future and hope that things work out the way you want them too.
Thank you for your support.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Saito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Songbird
actually it's rape - whether you are married to the person or not - non-consensual sexual intercourse = rape.
Of course it is. I only said it's physical violence because she mentioned he was never violent physically to her.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:22 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there are three sides to this story. We should stick to the legal options and not get lost in the he said/she said aspect. That's exactly what USCIS/ICE is going to consider.