Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Notice of appear -I need help

Wikiposts

Notice of appear -I need help

Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Mirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really nice
Default Notice of appear -I need help

I don't know how to begin my story.
I got married in 2004 with a US citizen (naturalized). I waited 1.5 year for immigration to process the I-130. In this time my husband came just once after marriage but we kept the contact all the time. I came in Jan 2006in US with CR-1. The relation with my husband got worst in December 2007. WE did not have a good relationship anyway because when I cam in US my husband tried to keep me away of everything. He was very controlling. I got into a situation when I depended on him . I had a job in February 2006. After a year I had to change my job to be able to have my own car (we were working together in the same place). When I cam e in US my husband didn't want to add my name on the utilities. He added me after 6 months. He took my life savings I came in US and he put them in his account and my name wasn't here. He added my mane on that account after one month.

With other words my husband abused me emotionally probably more that that. He never hit me but he succeed to play with my brain. Anyway, in Oct. 2007 we filed I-751 for removal of my condition. Because I dared to visit a filed in Nov 2007 my husband filed for divorce and he also told me that the immigration is aware that he filed for divorce. Also in Nov the police came 2 times : once because when I cam back home from my visit he changed the lock of the door and the second time he called the police after he pushed me on the ground to tell them that I am cheating him and we have a police report for this incident.

In Jan 2008 I got the first immigration letter stating that they denied my case. In the mean time me and my husband decided to go to the marriage counselor and he decided to withdraw the divorce papers. We filled the second time the join I-751. I tried everything possible to save my marriage but I wasn't able to pleased my husband in any way. During our marriage I was forced to have sexual interaction with him just for the fact that it was my duty as a wife.

In 2008 I was sent form my job to a counselor because I wasn't able to concentrate over the things I had to do. In 2008 I actually discovered that I was into a abusive relationship. I have been accused of cheating him all the time, I was called name and so many other things.I also open my own account in 2008 separate of the join one. I paid to my husband every penny for everything....

On February 13th 2009 we had the interview. Even at the interview my husband tried to denigrate me and I also found that my husband sent 2 letters to them telling them how bad women I am and that I came in US for other reasons. I got shocked there. I was thinking how many tings I have done just to save my marriage and my husband stabbed me from my back. The interviewer notice that there is something and she asked my husband to step outside the room we were. After my husband left the room she told me that "the government do not encourage marriages if they are not working and I can file a waiver if I want" She also wanted to show me the letters but I refused to read them explain to her that if I read them is not going to help me with my marriage./ I don't know if this was a right decision but I also told her that I love my husband and I will do whatever to save my marriage. After the interview I tried to talk with my husband about the letters. He told me he did the right thing.

When he filed first time for the divorce he told me for many times that he will send me back from where I am because he has the right to do so. After the interview my husband got crazy. Because I took the decision not to obey to my husband like I did before he started to call my job, to call at the school where I was taking nurse classes, he was forcing me to have sex with him and one day I found a letter on our coffee table stating that: nobody will kick me out from the house.

However if a small thing is missing from the house he will revoke all my rights. He and our landlord worked against me and he gave me a letter written by him with our landlord signature stating the he is moving out from the house and because he does not want to leave with me anymore I also have to move out till April 1st ( he still lives in that house) and he also wanted me to sign the divorce paper.

He filed for divorce 2nd time. On Feb 19 I have been laid off and he started to ask for money all the time. After the letters I finally got the courage to leave the house. I lived for 2 weeks into a women shelter. In the mean times I found a job and I left the shelter.

Now I am still leaving with my friends because I can not afford a place on my own. My landlord does not want to give references about me to find a place anyway.We had the d1st divorce hiring on June 1st, In that day my free lawyer I found trough a Organization for domestic abuse, told me that my husband dismissed the divorce on May 29. I got shocked again. I was tinking what he will do to me next. How he will punish me again. I got so afraid and I was scared that he will jeopardy my job again.

I filled a protection order against him and the protection order was grated. On may 7 I got a new letter from immigration stating that they denied my case again because I did not provide them the 2006-W2 of my husband(he did not wanted to give it to me)and because they called the landlord and she stated that me and my husband are not living like a husband and wife anymore. They also stated that they revoked all my rights starting with May 1st and they put me into the removal proceeding.

I received on 06/16 a Notice of appearance in front of a immigration judge. I forgot to say that I also discovered my husband abused other 2 women. They wrote me affidavits stating everything my husband did to them One is the mom of his child. Is sad but even his son wrote an affidavit against my husband.

Now I am into a position when I don't know what to do. I have a free lawyer who is helping me and he decided that we have to file a I-360 plus I-485 and a waiver of I-751. Immigration did not sent a specific date when I have to go there and my divorce is not finished yet. I am living every day with fear in my heart that I will be deported. I am struggle financially and my lawyer advice me not to apply for any job in the situation I am right now.

I need help. Any advice is very welcome. I have not done anything wrong to be sent back. The only bad thing I have done is that I loved and trust my husband too much.

Thank you

Last edited by Rete; Jun 18th 2009 at 10:27 am. Reason: Put long long post into paragraphs for easier reading. English is not her first language. Read carefully.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notice of appear -I need help

I think this appears to be a US immigration issue so I'll move you there as you will get more help than in the Australia forum
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:00 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think this appears to be a US immigration issue so I'll move you there as you will get more help than in the Australia forum
Polly ..put some paragraphs in that ..its unreadable
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mirela
I received on 06/16 a Notice of appearance in front of a immigration judge.
Forget everything your husband said about him being able to deport you. He can *not* do that. The judge is the *ONLY* one who can make that decision. When is your interview with the immigration judge? Make sure your lawyer goes with you. Do *not* go alone to see the judge.

I have a free lawyer who is helping me and he decided that we have to file a I-360 plus I-485 and a waiver of I-751.
He is helping you file under the Violence Against Women Act. This is good.

I am living every day with fear in my heart that I will be deported.
Only the immigration judge can make that decision... no one else.

Any advice is very welcome.
Since you ask...

1) Protect yourself - no matter what.
2) Follow through with the divorce.
3) Make sure your lawyer goes with you to see the judge.

also...

4) Get a piece of paper and write down dates and events (to the best of your memory... being specific will help) starting with the day you got married until today. Write down everything bad that your husband said to you. Write down everything that he did to you. Write down every time he threatened you. You will need this information to support the waiver.

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Polly ..put some paragraphs in that ..its unreadable
I only move 'em, I don't fix the grammar!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Mirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really niceMirela is just really nice

I apologize for my grammar mistakes...I speak english only for 3 years.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:45 am
Just Joined

4) Get a piece of paper and write down dates and events (to the best of your memory... being specific will help) starting with the day you got married until today. Write down everything bad that your husband said to you. Write down everything that he did to you. Write down every time he threatened you. You will need this information to support the waiver.

Ian[/QUOTE]

I can not remember exactly the dates..I remember more the months when things happened...That would be ok?

I already wrote my self declaration which has 28 pages. I hope they will believe me. This is the thing I am struggle with lately because I am afraid that nobody would believe me. It is something I can not get over it...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry all this is happening to you. Sounds like you have a good lawyer who knows what he's doing, so listen to him and do what he suggests. Make sure he goes with you to your court appearance.

Good luck,
Rene
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Thank you Rene.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Also whatever was talked about by you and the officer who did your interview is marked on your file. This should be helpful as well.

I do hope you no longer are willing to let your husband treat you this way and that you will not go back to him if he comes back and apologies to you.

Do not worry about your English. Paragraphs do not mean grammar but rather breaking up the post into pieces so it is easier to read. I did that for you.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 19th 2009 at 12:55 am.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologize for my grammar mistakes...I speak english only for 3 years.
Hi:

Do not apologize. What city are you located in? You may just be fine. There are often various organizations that can assist you for little or no cost.

You need that aid -- dealing with the immigration court can be intimidating and dangerous.

Besides getting help -- one BIG word of advice -- Never, I mean NEVER miss a hearing. Really.

Second words of advice -- do NOT delay in anything.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

I live in Lincoln, NE. My lawyer is trying to get some money for me from an organization...

I will be there on time for sure and my lawyer will be there with me.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I can not remember exactly the dates..I remember more the months when things happened...That would be ok?
Months will be fine. Don't worry!

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Even at the interview my husband tried to denigrate me and I also found that my husband sent 2 letters to them telling them how bad women I am and that I came in US for other reasons. I got shocked there.

***************It seems that the CIS take these allegations at face value more often. Such vitriolic, cutting, and baseless accusations should not be enough to deny bonafide petitions and place people in removal.

Be strong and do not worry....last word -- DO NOT MISS THE HEARING.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

I won't miss the hearing. I know how important is to be there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.