Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Not moving but coming for a couple of months!

Not moving but coming for a couple of months!

Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not moving but coming for a couple of months!

Just booked our tickets for a holiday September/October. The DH will stay 5 weeks and the son, d-i-l, grandkids and I will be staying 8 weeks. Departing on QF1 on 31 August OMG, feel sick (that's seeing the $13k disappear from my savings account) but now I can count down!!!!!!!!

We didnt expect the d-i-l to come but she has capitulated and so brings the baby as well.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Not moving but coming for a couple of months!

We are going in August for 8 weeks,can't wait ...hope that we all get nice weather
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:43 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Just booked our tickets for a holiday September/October. The DH will stay 5 weeks and the son, d-i-l, grandkids and I will be staying 8 weeks. Departing on QF1 on 31 August OMG, feel sick (that's seeing the $13k disappear from my savings account) but now I can count down!!!!!!!!

We didnt expect the d-i-l to come but she has capitulated and so brings the baby as well.

WOW BIG CONGRATULATIONS Quoll!!! I bet you are SO excited.

Enjoy the big countdown, are you ALL staying with your parents?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
WOW BIG CONGRATULATIONS Quoll!!! I bet you are SO excited.

Enjoy the big countdown, are you ALL staying with your parents?
Hmm yes it is going to be a bit of a logistical nightmare but we can cope with some trips away every now and again.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Superb!!! Bet you are soooooo excited!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 5:10 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful I wish I was sailing with you It'll be a great journey.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you managed to persuade the other half to go for 5 weeks too, or did you nag him into it?.
That's great for you Quoll, I hope to be in the UK for the whole of September. Autumn is such a lovely time to be going.
Old May 1st 2011, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!
Old May 1st 2011, 1:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy for you Quoll. September/October will be so nice weatherwise. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday back home.
Old May 1st 2011, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Wow 8 weeks and September is a lovely time to visit too, you'll be counting the days. BTW excuse my ignorance but what is QF1?
Old May 1st 2011, 6:16 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboo67
Wow 8 weeks and September is a lovely time to visit too, you'll be counting the days. BTW excuse my ignorance but what is QF1?
QF is the 2 letter airline code for Qantas Airway, the 1 refers to the flight number (001) which is the route for Sydney to London via Bangkok.

All airlines have these codes AA = American Airlines, BA = British Airways, SQ = Singapore Airlines and so on. Hope this helps.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely family holiday and money worth spent if it makes you happy.....you will by on your way before you know it. Best wishes
Old May 1st 2011, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Told the olds yesterday and they are beside themselves at the prospect of having us ALL there! Dad is now on a mission to find us a people mover for 2 months. As we will be in and out over that time, the logistics of sleeping us all in their tiny 3 bedder will be interesting but not impossible I am sure. I got DGD to tell them we were coming, by inviting them to her 4th birthday party (2 Sept) - at their house! We couldnt get the video to work on Skype but I think my dad was in tears.

I was there for October/November last year and autumn was stunning so hope that this year we will be similarly blessed.

I just hope that the prospective inlaws dont decide to try and outdo the Middletons for the wedding LOL but that might be a vain hope - out of a guest list of 250 there will be a max of 36 of us - friends and rellies (and that is if ALL the Aussie rellies turned up - including 94 year old gt grandma!)
Old May 1st 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Told the olds yesterday and they are beside themselves at the prospect of having us ALL there! Dad is now on a mission to find us a people mover for 2 months. As we will be in and out over that time, the logistics of sleeping us all in their tiny 3 bedder will be interesting but not impossible I am sure. I got DGD to tell them we were coming, by inviting them to her 4th birthday party (2 Sept) - at their house! We couldnt get the video to work on Skype but I think my dad was in tears.

I was there for October/November last year and autumn was stunning so hope that this year we will be similarly blessed.

I just hope that the prospective inlaws dont decide to try and outdo the Middletons for the wedding LOL but that might be a vain hope - out of a guest list of 250 there will be a max of 36 of us - friends and rellies (and that is if ALL the Aussie rellies turned up - including 94 year old gt grandma!)
It all sounds lovely, nothing life a family get together.....our nephew moved his wedding from July this year to October....mainly he said because the weather has been lovely at that time of year for the last few years and also because he is a romantic...bless....it's the time of year he and his future wife both love.....have you bought a outfit yet for the big day?.....we watched the Royal wedding (had a Wedding Breakfast meal in an olde worlde pub/hotel on the Yorkshire Moors) and was'nt it a lovely wedding.....did you watch it?
Old May 1st 2011, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brits1
It all sounds lovely, nothing life a family get together.....our nephew moved his wedding from July this year to October....mainly he said because the weather has been lovely at that time of year for the last few years and also because he is a romantic...bless....it's the time of year he and his future wife both love.....have you bought a outfit yet for the big day?.....we watched the Royal wedding (had a Wedding Breakfast meal in an olde worlde pub/hotel on the Yorkshire Moors) and was'nt it a lovely wedding.....did you watch it?
Yes, loved the wedding and, no, not bought an outfit yet. I have no idea what to wear! All that I own has some black in it and the mother in law has said that I cant wear black. I am tempted to tell her where to stuff it but will see what fits, what I can afford, what I look good in and what is comfortable in mid August!!! I wish I looked like Carol Middleton then I wouldnt mind trying to find a suit! (Think Dawn French!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.