Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Norfolk Broads/Gt. Yarmouth

Norfolk Broads/Gt. Yarmouth

Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:08 am
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Norfolk Broads/Gt. Yarmouth

We are thinking of visiting Norfolk Broads and Gt. Yarmouth mid November and wondered if we should stay 1 or 2 nights.

I realise it is a winter month but we are doing a drive around east coast before going to Dorset for winter.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:21 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norfolk Broads/Gt. Yarmouth

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
We are thinking of visiting Norfolk Broads and Gt. Yarmouth mid November and wondered if we should stay 1 or 2 nights.

I realise it is a winter month but we are doing a drive around east coast before going to Dorset for winter.
I come from the Norfolk Broads...Salhouse/Wroxam to be exact and its going to be bitterly cold, and miserable, GT Yarmouth is dead that time of year, like most seaside resort area's, seriously if you are thinking of the broads and like culture and history go to Norwich there is the most amazing Museum and Cathedral, it's a nice little city, you could fit the broads and Norwich into 2 days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich
Some nice pics at the bottom of link.

Shout if you have any other questions
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Gt Yarmouth? Zero nights. The place is a dump at the best of times.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:25 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Gt Yarmouth? Zero nights. The place is a dump at the best of times.
REALLY I was trying to be suttle,but you are right its a HOLE
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Got to agree. Don't bother with GT Yarmouth even in summer time its a dump.
I come from Norwich its a nice place. Like poppy girl said they have a great museum and 2 good sized malls. Plus lots of coffee shops and book stores.
Good B&B's as well. lots of pubs.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Norwich is worth a visit, but as its relatively isolated I wouldnt want to drive there, see a few things and drive back again in a hurry, take your time (its the norfolk way )

"Great" Yarmouth however was named purely for ironic effect in my opinion
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

As hubby said yesterday a nuclear bomb, a code and a button is what Gt Yarmouth needs.. And yes I do live in Norwich, but do agree that Gt yarm is dismal at the best of times, personally we prefer the north norfolk coast, but again any of these places arent at their optimal in winter, but you do get some decent days in November. And there are always plenty of places to see in Norwich itself, Elm Hill is worth a wander too. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by truditjh
As hubby said yesterday a nuclear bomb, a code and a button is what Gt Yarmouth needs.. And yes I do live in Norwich, but do agree that Gt yarm is dismal at the best of times, personally we prefer the north norfolk coast, but again any of these places arent at their optimal in winter, but you do get some decent days in November. And there are always plenty of places to see in Norwich itself, Elm Hill is worth a wander too. Hope that helps.
Oh yes elm hill is lovely just like a scene from Charles Dickens.
Attached Thumbnails Norfolk Broads/Gt. Yarmouth-800px-elmhill.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I love Elm Hill!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:27 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everybody looks like we'll head to Norwich for a couple of days.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Thanks everybody looks like we'll head to Norwich for a couple of days.
have a look here http://www.oldcity.org.uk/norwich/index.php there is some nice places to visit
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Don't waste your holiday going to Gt.Yarmouth.

went there in summer 3 years ago, would never go there again it's a dump.As someone else said go to Norwich lovely place !!!!! we also did the river cruise at Wrexham and that was great
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Don't waste your holiday going to Gt.Yarmouth.

went there in summer 3 years ago, would never go there again it's a dump.As someone else said go to Norwich lovely place !!!!! we also did the river cruise at Wrexham and that was great
Wroxham Wrexham is a bit further away
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of people like Gt Yarmouth for a cheesey holiday and what's wrong with that, such bloddy snobs on here at times. My kid's have been to a few places in the world that a lot of adults haven't and ask them where they want to holiday and suprise suprise they will tell you Hemsby / Gt Yarmouth. O.K it is not for everyone but it suits some.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Lots of people like Gt Yarmouth for a cheesey holiday and what's wrong with that, such bloddy snobs on here at times. My kid's have been to a few places in the world that a lot of adults haven't and ask them where they want to holiday and suprise suprise they will tell you Hemsby / Gt Yarmouth. O.K it is not for everyone but it suits some.
Not snobs. The place is a dump.. I should know i lived there for a bit.. all there is is the sea front, the swimming pool, over priced small sea world, the pleasure beach yeah right.... and a load of arcades where you can spend a few hundred quid and a get a soft toy you could get from pound land No my mistake yes its great place to visit even better in the winter when every thing is shut down.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.