Reload this Page >

Nicest neighbourhoods to settle in/near Denham UK

Nicest neighbourhoods to settle in/near Denham UK

Old Mar 2nd 2019, 1:59 am
Just Joined

JJMcC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nicest neighbourhoods to settle in/near Denham UK

Hi everyone!

I have accepted a job in Denham and planning to leave Dubai in 2 months. Any ideas where I should start looking for a place to live in with my family (2 kids under 6 yrs old) in or near Denham that is also close to some good schools?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicest neighbourhoods to settle in/near Denham UK

I assume you mean Denham, Buckinhamshire? My son and his family live in Gerrards Cross which is quite close and they are very happy there. Their son goes to a private school but I understand there are good state schools too.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

you have a huge area to choose from if you are ready to commute.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Tond3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross, Amersham, Chalfonts, Wycombe etc, these are all commutable
Old Mar 4th 2019, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cost of houses is HUGE, cost or renting is also HUGE. So only the middle class decent types live in those areas.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Where do the nasty middle class types live then ?

Last edited by scot47; Mar 4th 2019 at 8:18 am.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Wher do the nasty middle class types live then ?
I'd like to know that too, and where the indecent middle class types live as well
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am thinking of characters like Mrs Bouquet/Bucket.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Denham is lovely, and as said above, lots of nice places nearby. I used to live in Harefield, and also Amersham and Great Missenden area for a long time. Pretty much all of the schools in those areas are great, it's one of the things we loved about it.

Give us more info on what you want i.e. village/town, need to commute, amenities, etc, and we can help you try and narrow down areas to look at.

It's not cheap there unfortunately, which is the only reason we moved. We moved just to the next county and for the same price as we sold our tiny 1970's house on an estate with a postage stamp garden, got a 6 bed Georgian farmhouse with 1.5 acres. But it is lovely there and so convenient for London, airports, etc.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 10:39 am
Just Joined

JJMcC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Denham is lovely, and as said above, lots of nice places nearby. I used to live in Harefield, and also Amersham and Great Missenden area for a long time. Pretty much all of the schools in those areas are great, it's one of the things we loved about it.

Give us more info on what you want i.e. village/town, need to commute, amenities, etc, and we can help you try and narrow down areas to look at.

It's not cheap there unfortunately, which is the only reason we moved. We moved just to the next county and for the same price as we sold our tiny 1970's house on an estate with a postage stamp garden, got a 6 bed Georgian farmhouse with 1.5 acres. But it is lovely there and so convenient for London, airports, etc.
I've seen rents online.. it is not cheap at all!

Preferrably near a school and a commuter friendly area, since my wife won't be driving for a while.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 11:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Where do the nasty middle class types live then ?
Slough
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Slough
Hey! One of the nicest people on BE comes from Slough!