Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A nice place to living there

A nice place to living there

Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

philcan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A nice place to living there

Hello! I would like to live in Britain, but sooner I would like to know which parts of Britain are nice. I'm interested in culture and I like little cold weather. Do you know any nice towns in the north of the country with good cultural life?

Thanks for your references
Bye
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:43 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A nice place to living there

Originally Posted by philcan
nice towns in the north of the country with good cultural life?
Oxymoron?
Trolls should post in the lounge where they are listened to attentively.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:19 am
Just Joined

I'm not a Troll. I'm only young man who is interested in art. And I don't know why, but I like Britain, so I would like to live there. But I don't know where exactly.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

I'm not a Troll. I'm only young man who is interested in art. And I don't know why, but I like Britain, so I would like to live there. But I don't know where exactly.
Don't move to Portsmouth!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hamsterhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested in culture and I like little cold weather. Do you know any nice towns in the north of the country with good cultural life?
Try Edinburgh or York?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Debbie June is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I would like to live in Britain, but sooner I would like to know which parts of Britain are nice. I'm interested in culture and I like little cold weather. Do you know any nice towns in the north of the country with good cultural life?

Bye
I agree with Trutje and Hamsterhouse. Don't go to Portsmouth and York is a lovely place, or Pickering and the moors. (yep I'm a north Yorks lass so I'm bound to say that aren't I?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:12 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I like little cold weather.
Hi,

I am not sure whether you mean you enjoy cold weather or not.

If you don't like cold wet weather - don't come to the UK and especially not the north of the UK.

Gina
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

roxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Bye
Liverpool is the "cultural capital of Europe." I like it a lot, but I couldn't cope with the cold weather.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

I've neer been to Liverpool but a friend of mine moved there years ago and simply loves it. Think west coast more wet and windy than the other side of the pennines though.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:56 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Don't move to Portsmouth!

There is nowt wrong with Porstmouth.... its my home town!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:43 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Whats wrong with Portsmouth...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Ok, so we maybe exagerate a little, (lived there for 18 months). Southsea is OK. Old Portsmouth quite quaint. Not too keen on town itself though. So to make up here's 2 HUGELY POSITIVE points: met hubby there and passed my driving license. But still prefer York!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:57 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and kids were born there...my mother in law lives in Southsea...Portsmouth is a rough old navy town...so not everyones cup of tea...
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

No, but it's a decent ferry port. Anyway, wot we doing talking about Portsmouth, he wants to go to north and last I heard, Portsmouth was in the south! Must have got waylaid, yep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.