Be nice to OZ

Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:08 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Be nice to OZ

Originally Posted by arkon
Although you didn't really need to post another post to prove just what a classic Australian is really like to those of us that know, this one clinches it, even the most hardy Anti-Anti-Oz must be able to see that what we have been saying about you all is true. You are actually living in probably the most vibrant city on earth and are struggling to find something exciting to do, and to cap it all off you actually think Perth or another Australian city has more to offer.

I'll give you a tip as there is no need to make a list, just walk to the end of your street and have a look round, if your looking for an exciting Oz pub, billabong or boxing kangaroos then yes you will be disapointed, I'm sure you will find something if you open your eyes whilst walking (provided you arn't one of the 80% of Australians with retina damage)
Arkon, I think there are some fantastic things about the UK. I think it is being ruined by poor government and misguided social policies but I won't bore you with all that. Why can you not see any good in Australia at all? It may not be your 'cup of tea' and that's fine. You may live in a crappy part of the country, and I know there are some, but there are also some great and "vibrant" places too. Anyhow I hope you can get back home soon because the world has too many unhappy people.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:14 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denver
Arkon, I think there are some fantastic things about the UK. I think it is being ruined by poor government and misguided social policies but I won't bore you with all that. Why can you not see any good in Australia at all? It may not be your 'cup of tea' and that's fine. You may live in a crappy part of the country, and I know there are some, but there are also some great and "vibrant" places too. Anyhow I hope you can get back home soon because the world has too many unhappy people.
Touché, I think you too need to go back home, as you say too many unhappy people on here and many more that you know. Accept I find nothing attractive or to keep me here in Australia and I will accept your dislike of the UK.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:55 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Can you be specific about what is wrong with my composition? I can do Shakespearean language if you want as this country seems obsessed by him.
That's because we have a proud history of producing literary genuii, something that your country will never have to wrestle with.

You also seem rather confused between dialect and composition. Probably better to quit now before you make an even larger fool of yourself, than thus already displayed.

Come back home and teach the little puppies how to colour by numbers, you'll be doing both education systems a great service.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I have visited about 35 countries, most of western and eastern europe, and have lived in Canada, and spent 3 months in the US. I am now living in the UK. There have been really positive aspects of each country I have visited, but travelling has also enabled me to appreciate how great Perth is (and also the rest of Oz) I certainly don't think it is utopia, and there are things I would like to be different. Ever since my english ex-boyfriend, who I met in canada, seemed to have an agenda of denigrating Australia at every opportunity, I have been intrigued by some english people's attitude of complete negativity towards Australia. The vitriol is amazing at times, and I don't sense it towards many other countries. Other countries are accepted for what they are. My opinion is it is a sense of envy.

The UK has an awesome sense of history and tradition, but something is going severely wrong. Importing huge amounts of people to a small island, promoting rights before responsibility, tolerating CHAV like behaviour etc The comprehensive school system is a disgrace. Denigrating its Christian heritage in favour of multicultralism. The people just seem glum (in London anyway)

Anyhow, I hope people find happiness. Its a shame that people cant appreciate Australia while they are there. It is a beautiful place.
Denver English people get tired of having to pay lip service all the time.Australians attitude to the English is awful they are always banging their drum were great the best, your country is blah blah. Many Aussies that I have been in contact with here have never been out of Qld,let alone put their bottom on an airplane seat.

It is always pom this and that and unless you are willing to rubbish your own country to an Aussie ,you are dead in the water. I will not for any one rubbish my own country. Why? because I love where I was born it is better now than when I was a kid,because my dad and grandad fought in 2 world wars and went through hell.Australia rubbishes England about this too,it is insulting. In the UK I would never have rubbished anything to do with your country if I met an Aussie.Respect and tact you just do not seem to possess.

Your country does indeed have much natural beauty but it isn't the best.The best is in the eyes of the beholder.

Just another point of interest I know Aussies in the Uk that have lived there for years and never been back here.I didn't spend my time insulting them.
I really think that Aussies are not liked that much in the Uk any more.Most English people do not envy Australia they are just fed up of being put down by them all the time.

I don't mind if you have your say about the Uk you have at least been there and you are speaking as you find fair enough.I too think it is probably time for you to come home. Good luck and all the best for the New Year.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:26 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Posted by Denver:

Ever since my english ex-boyfriend, who I met in canada, seemed to have an agenda of denigrating Australia at every opportunity, I have been intrigued by some english people's attitude of complete negativity towards Australia.
Ahh, now we're getting down to it. You got dumped on your ass and now your delicate ego dictates that all us English must pay the price huh?

Excuse me if I give your all your 'informed' comments the disregard they so richly deserve.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:17 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FPM
Posted by Denver:

Ahh, now we're getting down to it. You got dumped on your ass and now your delicate ego dictates that all us English must pay the price huh?

Excuse me if I give your all your 'informed' comments the disregard they so richly deserve.
Is this really called for?

Denver has been perfectly civil and has explained her/himself well and then gets personally attacked for it.

You seem an intelligent person so how about you act accordingly
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:14 am
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FPM
That's because we have a proud history of producing literary genuii, something that your country will never have to wrestle with.

You also seem rather confused between dialect and composition. Probably better to quit now before you make an even larger fool of yourself, than thus already displayed.

Come back home and teach the little puppies how to colour by numbers, you'll be doing both education systems a great service.
Boy, you are quite nasty. If you read my comments properly, I do not do personal insults, I stick to discussing the issues. But hope you have an enjoyable 2007, even if you are stuck in the worst country on Earth.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by FPM
Posted by Denver:

If you must know, I dumped him.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Posted by Denver:

Obviously it is your right to disregard Denver's comments, just as it is her right to make them. In a free democracy, freedom of speech and thought is a given. If you don't like it, move on
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:07 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Be nice to OZ

Originally Posted by blowfly
Denver English people get tired of having to pay lip service all the time.Australians attitude to the English is awful they are always banging their drum were great the best, your country is blah blah. Many Aussies that I have been in contact with here have never been out of Qld,let alone put their bottom on an airplane seat.

It is always pom this and that and unless you are willing to rubbish your own country to an Aussie ,you are dead in the water. I will not for any one rubbish my own country. Why? because I love where I was born it is better now than when I was a kid,because my dad and grandad fought in 2 world wars and went through hell.Australia rubbishes England about this too,it is insulting. In the UK I would never have rubbished anything to do with your country if I met an Aussie.Respect and tact you just do not seem to possess.

Your country does indeed have much natural beauty but it isn't the best.The best is in the eyes of the beholder.

Just another point of interest I know Aussies in the Uk that have lived there for years and never been back here.I didn't spend my time insulting them.
I really think that Aussies are not liked that much in the Uk any more.Most English people do not envy Australia they are just fed up of being put down by them all the time.
Spot on. denver - read the above post again and again and please try to understand what is being said here. It answers all your questions.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Talking of boredom, It's the 22nd December, the friday before xmas and I don't know if it's just me, but it's exactly the same as every one of the 365 days before it. Shouldn't it feel a bit special and christmassy? Today I've mowed lawns, cleaned the pool, refilled the fly traps, cleaned the mozzie killer, filled a hole and basically done the same boring shite I do every day. Went into town for a bit too, and well what a damp squid.

Something those thinking of coming here really need to think about if they like their UK christmas's, Oh and easters too. IT JUST AIN'T THE SAME!

(And before a muppet replies, 'ooooooow but your in another country what did you expect, you have to adapt to their way' blah blah blah.... Well so what, I didn't recce over xmas and even if I did I would have been in holiday mode, then after 3 years to get a visa there was no way shite xmas's would have put me off)

Santa got stuck up the chimny because he couldn't pull a bird, his p*b*s got stuck around his plums and all the kiddies heard...'pull me out or you'll get nowt you nasty load of pr***S'....F*** your toys the kids replied and pelted the C*** with bricks.........
As an intellegent chap you should know the phrase your looking for is DAMP SQUIB! Not SQUID..........
Xmas was the same here too, one day ran into the next, tedious, and just extra mess to deal with!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:45 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Touché, I think you too need to go back home, as you say too many unhappy people on here and many more that you know. Accept I find nothing attractive or to keep me here in Australia and I will accept your dislike of the UK.
l thought you said you liked Canberra and might plan to live there once the Alpaca far was sold.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 3:12 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever since my english ex-boyfriend, who I met in canada, seemed to have an agenda of denigrating Australia at every opportunity, I have been intrigued by some english people's attitude of complete negativity towards Australia. The vitriol is amazing at times, and I don't sense it towards many other countries. Other countries are accepted for what they are. My opinion is it is a sense of envy.
I usually try to avoid taking sides in these debates, but, denver, you have some major transference going on here! Your ex-boyfriend disliked Australia (and you read this forum), so you think this is an English trait. Not only is this an interesting psychological quirk, but it is also patently false. Quite the reverse is the case. The average Englishman or women, of the Daily Mail/Express or red-top reading kind, is almost an identikit of the average Australian man or woman - both generally think Australia is the land of milk and honey. In the case of the former, it is because they have never lived there and read said publications. In the case of the latter, it is because they have never been abroad. I exagerate, I admit, but justifiably in light of your assertion about the British attitude toward Australia, which is ridiculous bordering on the ludicrous. Now if you said "I have been intrigued by some Australian people's attitude of complete negativity towards England" (not Scotland or Ireland, I should add), then no-one would argue with that. I am not an Anti-Australian, by the way, in fact I am British-Australian, and love both countries.

Last edited by ShozInOz; Jan 1st 2007 at 3:16 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 3:20 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

...I do not do personal insults, I stick to discussing the issues. But hope you have an enjoyable 2007, even if you are stuck in the worst country on Earth.
Hehehe, please tell me you are being ironic...
Old Jan 1st 2007, 3:23 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
Hehehe, please tell me you are being ironic...
I think they meant Belgium.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.