NHS Number Advice

Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

FullCircle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS Number Advice

Hi there. As I was nearly 9 years old when I left England in 1970, will I still have an NHS number on record or should I apply for a new one when I return? I've checked the NHS website but there's not a lot of info on it. Thanks.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:38 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS Number Advice

Originally Posted by FullCircle
Hi there. As I was nearly 9 years old when I left England in 1970, will I still have an NHS number on record or should I apply for a new one when I return? I've checked the NHS website but there's not a lot of info on it. Thanks.
If you report to your local GP when you are back in the UK, they will be able to trace your records. You will likely be issued a new NHS number as the number system when you (and I) were younger has changed.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

FullCircle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dunroving, I would hate to be done for duplicating my NHS records, that would be a good 'Welcome Home', wouldn't it? Cheers.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

bkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud of

When you go to register, I think you just need the name (and address if you have it) of your old doctor's surgery and they should be able to get it sorted as unless you have a really common name (John Smith?), they should be able to find the records from your date of birth.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Hells teeth! I didn't know we had an NHS number!
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

bkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Hells teeth! I didn't know we had an NHS number!
You used to get an NHS card. (I mailed all ours in - like you're supposed to - when we emigrated...)
Didn't stop one of my daughters still being on the doctors register when we returned...

There doesn't seem to be a card any more, just a number.