Wikiposts

NHS entitlement

Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:29 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Question NHS entitlement

Hi guys,

Are we still entitled to dental for the kids when we go back on holiday? going back soon and was thinking if we are then I would get them check ups as they are due round about then.

Did a quick search that gave the impression that if you are no longer resident in the UK then you are not entiltled to the NHS, is this the case? if so does that mean we need some form of health/travel insurance just incase we need to see a Dr or anything whilst there?

ob
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS entitlement

Originally Posted by oz bound
Hi guys,

Are we still entitled to dental for the kids when we go back on holiday? going back soon and was thinking if we are then I would get them check ups as they are due round about then.

Did a quick search that gave the impression that if you are no longer resident in the UK then you are not entiltled to the NHS, is this the case? if so does that mean we need some form of health/travel insurance just incase we need to see a Dr or anything whilst there?

ob
I'll move this to the UK forum, as a lot of people in there have experience of this.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:39 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I would put a tin hat on if i were you
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:53 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll move this to the UK forum, as a lot of people in there have experience of this.
Hey Polly how the hell r u? U still in QSLD? Hope life is treating you well mate. Take care, OK. KC.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be "habitually resident" in the UK to qualify for NHS treatment, although visitors are entitled to emergency care AFAIK. There has been quite a lot of discussion about this on the forums recently.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi guys,

ob
Why don't you see the dentist in OZ before you leave?

This thread smells of damn cheek
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartynK
You have to be "habitually resident" in the UK to qualify for NHS treatment, although visitors are entitled to emergency care AFAIK. There has been quite a lot of discussion about this on the forums recently.
Would be almost impossible to find an NHS dentist in any case, they are few and far between now, most are private, so you need insurance.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:39 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

ob
Cannot imagine why anyone would think they would be 'entitled' to health care on the back of the tax payers in a country they do not live. If this was the case the system would be flooded with expats heading back for health care.

Travel insurance when leaving ones home country is a bit of a no brainer.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:41 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

This is the correct answer. As far as emergency medical treatment is concerned, you don't need to take out travel insurance when visiting the UK.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:56 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Why don't you see the dentist in OZ before you leave?

This thread smells of damn cheek
Don't have the time to get everyone there before we go as we've just got far too much on but I will get it sorted for when we get back
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:57 am
West is best!

Thanks for that
Old Nov 26th 2009, 8:01 am
West is best!

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Cannot imagine why anyone would think they would be 'entitled' to health care on the back of the tax payers in a country they do not live. If this was the case the system would be flooded with expats heading back for health care.

Travel insurance when leaving ones home country is a bit of a no brainer.
Thanks for your opinion but when you know nothing about my situation you shouldn't make assumptions.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:10 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your opinion but when you know nothing about my situation you shouldn't make assumptions.
One only knows as much as an individual posts and in the context they post.

On here you ask a question, you get a variety of answers, chances are you won't like all the answers.

So we are not making assumptions perhaps enlighten us on your situation.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

You wrote that you were going to the UK on holiday.

How was The Aviator to interpret that???

If you are going to the UK on holiday you are only entitled to emergency care. This does not include free dental check-ups for your children.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:24 pm
West is best!

Originally Posted by The Aviator
One only knows as much as an individual posts and in the context they post.

On here you ask a question, you get a variety of answers, chances are you won't like all the answers.

So we are not making assumptions perhaps enlighten us on your situation.
I have no problems what so ever with any of the replies that i have been given, very grateful for them as my questions have been answered. Regarding the assumptions, in your original post you said;

[QUOTE=The Aviator;8127228]Cannot imagine why anyone would think they would be 'entitled' to health care on the back of the tax payers in a country they do not live. If this was the case the system would be flooded with expats heading back for health care.

From this I understand that you assume we pay no tax in the UK and this is where you are wrong, I didn't mention it in my original post because I didn't think it was relevant. I was looking for confirmation on the non residency query and I didn't think the tax situation was relevant.

I can see this is a "hot topic" but when people don't genuinely know the answer how are they ever to find out? I certainly didn't know where to look

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.