Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:27 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by Eskimo
shit Bob I know you dont have kids but you know the shit we went through last year with our teenager, that and my dads death blah blah blah ..... money has nothing to do with our happiness here, (we had money in the UK) we have had the same issues as every other Expat. We are happy here because we have taken the time to adapt and picked a good location. I really find hard to believe we are considered by other posters to be these kind of loaded, cut throat Expats .. thats just not who we are

Now you are putting words in my mouth.

If my orginal post could be taken the wrong way, I apologise - again.

Please give it a rest. I do not want to argue or start fights.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira

Then tell me what you meant ?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm glad woodsey deleted her post..this is just making a mountain out of a molehill ...

omg so now eskimo posts it
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'm glad woodsey deleted her post..this is just making a mountain out of a molehill ...
I posted in error as her and it was the same as my post above ?? not sure what you are talking about ? or what the hell it has to do with you ?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

IMO, posting anything to do with someone else's monetary matters - whether they've posted their salary on the site or not - is in bad taste.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted in error as her and it was the same as my post above ?? not sure what you are talking about ? or what the hell it has to do with you ?
i saw your oh post and it was the same as the one you posted mins later...oh and it's an open forum
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:37 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Then tell me what you meant ?
Personal issues aside, visa-wise, job-wise, etc you have prob had things easier than a lot of others on here.
There is no shame in that - in no small part I'm sure that its down to years of hard work in the UK.

Like I said, feel free to pick holes in other posts made by Elvira (you're kind of spolit for choice ), but I can't see that there was anything out of order with her original post on this thread.

Thank f**k villa won yesterday - that's all I can say
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I have sometimes wondered if it is asier to come here on a company transfer -some sense of security/continuity - maybe that is all that was meant. Eskimo and Woodsey are our golden couple and we love them for it. It's the American way to flash the cash, come on make up now.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
IMO, posting anything to do with someone else's monetary matters - whether they've posted their salary on the site or not - is in bad taste.
I agree.... on the other hand.... I have a big case of foot-in-mouth disease. I'd hate it if one statement of mine were to define me, but I know that sometimes once something's said it can't be taken back.

Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

shit Bob I know you dont have kids but you know the shit we went through last year with our teenager, that and my dads death blah blah blah ..... money has nothing to do with our happiness here, (we had money in the UK) we have had the same issues as every other Expat. We are happy here because we have taken the time to adapt and picked a good location. I really find hard to believe we are considered by other posters to be these kind of loaded, cut throat Expats .. thats just not who we are
I know you've had a bit of a shite time of it here too, and I know that you are making the best of it here, and that's a good point for people to see, but also, you did get a good company transfer that carried a lot of good benefits, which is also something that isn't the case for many here...I'm not trying to be a crunt about it, just saying that the US isn't always a bed of roses as the tele likes to make it out to be.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:14 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I know you've had a bit of a shite time of it here too, and I know that you are making the best of it here, and that's a good point for people to see, but also, you did get a good company transfer that carried a lot of good benefits, which is also something that isn't the case for many here...I'm not trying to be a crunt about it, just saying that the US isn't always a bed of roses as the tele likes to make it out to be.
Having a company transfer has probably made it alot easier for me - healthcare, job security, English salary etc although there does seem to be alot of negativity on this board sometimes. I had a good life back home and alot of friends and over the last few months I've made alot of good friends here too, sure I miss things back home but I'm looking to get an extention here so I can stay longer.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:26 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
although there does seem to be alot of negativity on this board sometimes.
I guess some people post here because they miss the British sense of humour, but others post to fill the void created by family, friends and past -times left back home hence the negativity.

Anyway, what's wrong with a bit of negativity - you haven't gone native on us, have you ???
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:31 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Having a company transfer has probably made it alot easier for me - healthcare, job security, English salary etc although there does seem to be alot of negativity on this board sometimes. I had a good life back home and alot of friends and over the last few months I've made alot of good friends here too, sure I miss things back home but I'm looking to get an extention here so I can stay longer.
Lets be honest and say that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference what brought any of us to the states or under what circumstances. Some people have had better experiences than others yes, but that's life! At the end of the day we come on to this forum to enjoy chat with fellow Brits that feel the same way about our homeland as we do ourselves. For those people that have had an easy (or easier) time of things then good for them. For those that have had a rougher time, was it worth it in the end? If yes, then none of this really matters does it.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:46 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Anyway, what's wrong with a bit of negativity - you haven't gone native on us, have you ???
Who me never I'm British and proud of it .
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:49 pm
Thinking about it

Who me never I'm British and proud of it .
Just checking.

As you were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.