Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

New Zealand to UK after 31yrs ???

New Zealand to UK after 31yrs ???

Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand to UK after 31yrs ???

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
That's been going on for a while, which is why I think they extended the waiting period for citizenship. But I can't see how halving the validity time of NZ passports will do anything. I mean even if it expires, you don't lose your citizenship.
The reason as given is to ensure that the NZ passport technologically stays ahead of fraudsters. Canada and Singapore only have 5 year passport validity too.

No reduction in fee as far as I know (the costs of issuing a passport are the same regardless).
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand to UK after 31yrs ???

Hello everyone and thankyou so much for you advice to date ( a message for UKBrit i sent you a private message did you get it?)
Sorry for my delay in replying to this thread but i have been so ill with the flu for nearly 2 weeks now...

I guess apart from getting my NZ Citizenship i need to get things right in my own mind about returning.....It is such a huge change and I am terrified of not being able to return to see my grandchildren again one who is 2yrs old i see around 4 times a week his dad is at sea for 6 weeks at a stretch and I have kind of 'been around' as extra help when asked by his mum and she is expecting another wee one in October........Not that i should let that rule my life i guess but because of my circumstances i think i have kind of clung on to that situation because it s made me feel helpful and needed and was something i could focus on. I have spent the past 5yrs looking for a business & i seem to never quite get one i was bitterly disappointed in missing out on a hair salon here a couple of yrs ago it was right up my street as im not a qualified stylist it was big enough to be managed long story but i was pipped at the post (maybe i need a good shake lol)

You know i once read a statement someone said their mother had told them regarding making big changes it went like this.

"IF YOUR ARE GOING TO MAKE A CHANGE BE SURE THAT YOU ARE RUNNING TO SOMETHING and be sure its not actually SOMETHING YOU ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM....."

My brother is keen for me to go back and open a fish and chip shop with him in our village (me a fish and chip shop proprietor aye!)
Well i think i have rambled on enough for today so you guys all enjoy your sunday and will keep you updated as things progress........ xxx (oh and yes i am 49 for the person that picked it up from my username)