New set of wheels

Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New set of wheels

Originally Posted by njmackem
I had the last good Subaru before they started making cars for mom and pop.

The 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX I loved that car and if they stopped making sluggish cars I would be tempted...
Today's WRX-es are still not slow. And unlike their US counterparts, they can actually plant the horsepower on the road instead of just shaving rubber off your tires and spinning round in circles.

BTW, have you seen the new coupe?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Today's WRX-es are still not slow. And unlike their US counterparts, they can actually plant the horsepower on the road instead of just shaving rubber off your tires and spinning round in circles.

BTW, have you seen the new coupe?
I have seen the new coupe, not heard a great deal about it though. It does have a more aggressive look compared to the last few models that have come out.

I have made the decision to go pre-emptive car shopping today (taken the day off work) and hoping to buy something this weekend.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

What are you all droning on about? Just buy a Subaru and be done with it.
What are you all droning on about? Just buy a Subaru and be done with it.
I actually just sold my Forrester the other month, it is a excellent vehicle and gets great MPG, unfortunately it lacks both 4WD and the necessary ground clearance to make it to many of the remote Colorado trail-heads that I need to reach for climbing during the summer and it just doesn't cut the off-road in the winter.

I ended up trading it in for a Nissan Xterra Pro and so far I have zero complaints. My wife has a Toyota 4Runner which has had no problems since we purchased it.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leyther
I actually just sold my Forrester the other month, it is a excellent vehicle and gets great MPG, unfortunately it lacks both 4WD and the necessary ground clearance to make it to many of the remote Colorado trail-heads that I need to reach for climbing during the summer and it just doesn't cut the off-road in the winter.

I ended up trading it in for a Nissan Xterra Pro and so far I have zero complaints. My wife has a Toyota 4Runner which has had no problems since we purchased it.
The Xterra Pro is one mean off-roader. Probably as good as it gets, really. Subaru is a road car with some off-road capability. Our Forester's fine on Arizona's forest trails, although I did once wipe out the air conditioning system.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Xterra Pro is one mean off-roader. Probably as good as it gets, really....
The Pathfinder is a lot of fun to, can really get about a bit and take a fair bit of damage. Like most motors though, it still doesn't fair that well against a moose unfortunately as a mate found out
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
The Pathfinder is a lot of fun to, can really get about a bit and take a fair bit of damage. Like most motors though, it still doesn't fair that well against a moose unfortunately as a mate found out
We had a Pathfinder in the UK. Really nice but the steering was very heavy. My 90 something granny used to love being transported around in it due to the heated seats; it would tick my dad off as she would then complain about why his car didn't have them. It was hilarious watching my dad and OH shove her up there as she couldn't get in on her own
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 9:51 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
I have seen the new coupe, not heard a great deal about it though. It does have a more aggressive look compared to the last few models that have come out.

I have made the decision to go pre-emptive car shopping today (taken the day off work) and hoping to buy something this weekend.
And???
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

In a last minute change of mind I pushed the boat out a little further and went with the........

Dodge Charger SRT8

With the color I want and the specs it will be ready in 4-6 weeks.

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

100weight has a brilliant future100weight has a brilliant future100weight has a brilliant future100weight has a brilliant future100weight has a brilliant future100weight has a brilliant future100weight has a brilliant future

Attached Thumbnails New set of wheels-homer-drool1.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 100weight
ha ha ha...
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is beyond my ability to comprehend why someone, anyone, needs to purchase a vehicle in which they will only be driving for an hour or two a day, if that, at the cost of $35,000 to $45,000.

For some people that is 1 or 2 years salary. Spending that amount on a vehicle is obscene.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Good choice - the new 392 engine is a monster. I assume that you are prepared for this car's appetite for fuel - but the trade-off is Corvette killing performance - enjoy it.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
It is beyond my ability to comprehend why someone, anyone, needs to purchase a vehicle in which they will only be driving for an hour or two a day, if that, at the cost of $35,000 to $45,000.

For some people that is 1 or 2 years salary. Spending that amount on a vehicle is obscene.
This is going to sounds extremely pompous and callous, but having worked jobs for a long time where annual salary was below 20k UK I am now in a position through hard work and dedication where I am able to spend this kind of money that to others seems obscene.

The real reason I am spending this kind of money is simply because I can. If other want it, then I can tell them just how hard they will need to work for it.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Awesome Welles
Good choice - the new 392 engine is a monster. I assume that you are prepared for this car's appetite for fuel - but the trade-off is Corvette killing performance - enjoy it.
I weighed up the loss of mileage with the fact that I don't care about the environment. I would fuel it with baby seals if it would give me 1mpg extra. The car will for the most part remain in the drive as I work from home. On the occasions though that I am going to client sites the deal size I work with more than compensates the mortgage I will need for fuel annually.. ha ha ha
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:48 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

To you maybe. But not to everyone. Everyone has different priorities in life, if he can afford to spend that much on a car to enjoy, then good for him.
What I think is silly is when people spend way more than they can afford on a car they don't need and leave themselves them penniless for the rest of their normal life. That I don't understand. But having a 'toy' to play with when you can afford it, I completely get.

Enjoy it!!

EDIT: I'm not implying the SRT-8 is a toy btw Just that it's something to enjoy.

Last edited by Bink; Apr 23rd 2012 at 3:49 pm. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.