Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:51 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Originally Posted by jane blakely
Arrived back in UK last month with our 4 dogs and 2 cats!! We used Boomerang, out of Calgary, who did a fantastic job. The forms are all straightforward, as long as each pets details are recorded correctly by the vet, and then stamped by CFIA. We flew Air Transat to Gatwick and it went like clockwork although we never want to have to go through it again!
That's great news thank you for sharing with us!!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:32 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived back in UK last month with our 4 dogs and 2 cats!! We used Boomerang, out of Calgary, who did a fantastic job. The forms are all straightforward, as long as each pets details are recorded correctly by the vet, and then stamped by CFIA. We flew Air Transat to Gatwick and it went like clockwork although we never want to have to go through it again!
Can I ask if the dogs were ok and how old were they?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:43 am
Just Joined

jane blakely is an unknown quantity at this point

All four dogs were absolutely fine with the whole trauma of it! They are 11, 10, 8 and 7.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:04 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

All four dogs were absolutely fine with the whole trauma of it! They are 11, 10, 8 and 7.
There was trauma

My dog is 11 and set in her ways - it worries me to fly her but I have no option..............
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Not really trauma - just upheaval and the dreaded unknown! They were all absolutely fine though and have now forgotten all about it and have settled into their new lives back in the UK.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:29 pm

Not really trauma - just upheaval and the dreaded unknown! They were all absolutely fine though and have now forgotten all about it and have settled into their new lives back in the UK.
I'm so pleased did you have to drop them off a few hours before the flight took off? and did you but a crate for them?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dollface
I'm so pleased did you have to drop them off a few hours before the flight took off? and did you but a crate for them?
Yes, they had to be dropped of at 10 am for a 2pm flight - quite a wait but after a 12 hour drive to the airport I think they were happy to have their own spaces in their boxes! We had to provide individual crates for all 6 pets - not cheap but there was no choice.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:12 am

Yes, they had to be dropped of at 10 am for a 2pm flight - quite a wait but after a 12 hour drive to the airport I think they were happy to have their own spaces in their boxes! We had to provide individual crates for all 6 pets - not cheap but there was no choice.
Who did you use for the crates?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

Great to hear that all went well with the pet travel!

I am planning to return with three dogs and a cat this year. Keep reading the information on the DEFRA site and concerned about getting the paperwork right.

The cat has a pet passport but the dogs are all Canadian citizens! They have had microchips and rabies certificates and I have the documentation for this. They just need the tapeworm treatment before travel.

I am going to use a pet transport company so hope they will guide me. My vet here is not familiar with transporting animals internationally but said she will provide me with what I need.

How did you manage the paperwork aspect? I am an overthinker and will find anything to worry about!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:08 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss

I am planning to return with three dogs and a cat this year. Keep reading the information on the DEFRA site and concerned about getting the paperwork right.

The cat has a pet passport but the dogs are all Canadian citizens! They have had microchips and rabies certificates and I have the documentation for this. They just need the tapeworm treatment before travel.

I am going to use a pet transport company so hope they will guide me. My vet here is not familiar with transporting animals internationally but said she will provide me with what I need.

How did you manage the paperwork aspect? I am an overthinker and will find anything to worry about!
If you're using a pet moving company, they will coordinate everything, including communicating with your vet. We're using one, and we're just going to put it all in their hands.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:43 am
Just Joined

We already had 2 giant crates and the Pet Transport co. (Boomerang) provided the other 4 at a really good price.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss

The only thing to watch out for is that ALL numbers referring to microchips, or rabies are correctly entered for each animal. We had a slight problem when one of our certificates had a wrong no. on it and the whole lot had to go back to the vet for correction! Otherwise it was all plain sailing especially with the use of 'Boomerang'.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:52 am
Just Joined

I had ordered crates from Sky Kennel but had to cancel the order as they still hadn't arrived a week before we were due to leave! They kept assuring me that I would have them on time and then suddenly emailed to say they were returning my money! I've not heard any good comments about them?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:30 pm

I had ordered crates from Sky Kennel but had to cancel the order as they still hadn't arrived a week before we were due to leave! They kept assuring me that I would have them on time and then suddenly emailed to say they were returning my money! I've not heard any good comments about them?
I just opened a thread about that very company!

Eventually who did you purchase from I need to go a different route now too.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

I just opened a thread about that very company!

Eventually who did you purchase from I need to go a different route now too.
Our Pet Transporter (Boomerang) provided us with 4 of them at a very reasonable cost. We already had 2 giant ones for our big guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.