Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Homesoil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Just got off the phone with Defra and wanted to let everyone know that the rules for unacommpanied dogs arriving in Manchester changed a couple of weeks ago but Manchester didn't know it until today!!!

They are now allowed into Manchester . Woo Hoo good news for me
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homesoil
Just got off the phone with Defra and wanted to let everyone know that the rules for unacommpanied dogs arriving in Manchester changed a couple of weeks ago but Manchester didn't know it until today!!!

They are now allowed into Manchester . Woo Hoo good news for me
Welcome to BE and thank you for taking the trouble to let us know.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Homesoil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE and thank you for taking the trouble to let us know.
Thanks and YW
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

MIAMI-HENRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello -

I will be flying a Therapy Dog from Miami to London (on the plane with me) and wanted to know if anyone has flown a dog on board across the pond ? I also wanted to know if anyone has any advice about finding a dog friendly flat in London ? Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MIAMI-HENRY
Hello -

I will be flying a Therapy Dog from Miami to London (on the plane with me) and wanted to know if anyone has flown a dog on board across the pond ? I also wanted to know if anyone has any advice about finding a dog friendly flat in London ? Look forward to hearing from you.
Welcome! Therapy dogs are permitted on board but all other dogs must travel in the air conditioned / heated hold. One may take small dogs on board to mainland Europe on various other airlines but not to the UK.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

MIAMI-HENRY is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Thank you Thank you !! Also do you know of any dog friendly estate agents for flat rental in London
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice

My dog and cat are flying tomorrow to land in Manchester. I just received the paperwork for the deworming and the chip number ir missing the first three numbers from all the rest of the paperwork. Will this be a problem. Also the rabies certificate shows the chip number and I thought that was proof enough. Now I'm reading that I have to have a letter?? Stating that it was in before the rabies? I was told this was proof enough? I'm freaking out now. Especially as both chips in both pets are missing the first thee digits from the chip number. I'm actually wondering if petco Bancroft cannot read a 15 digit chip??? Help.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MIAMI-HENRY
Thank you Thank you !! Also do you know of any dog friendly estate agents for flat rental in London
I am from Belfast.......not London :-). Good Luck!!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ajdjad
My dog and cat are flying tomorrow to land in Manchester. I just received the paperwork for the deworming and the chip number ir missing the first three numbers from all the rest of the paperwork. Will this be a problem. Also the rabies certificate shows the chip number and I thought that was proof enough. Now I'm reading that I have to have a letter?? Stating that it was in before the rabies? I was told this was proof enough? I'm freaking out now. Especially as both chips in both pets are missing the first thee digits from the chip number. I'm actually wondering if petco Bancroft cannot read a 15 digit chip??? Help.
I'm sorry I don't know the answer. It is a few years since I flew with a dog. I hope someone here will be able to answer your questions. Have a safe trip.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:51 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

How did it go???
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice

It went great. I made a post about it. I must have been that stressed I forgot about this thread. I delayed the flight asked the vet for a letter as a just in case about how they put the chip in first then rabies. I faxed that to PBS so I don't know whether they needed that or not. I got the worming paperwork fixed with the full chip number. The paperwork was all done in blue and black pen. I don't think that mattered. We arrived in Manchester to a happy dog and cat and wonderful staff. I am so glad I chose. It to send them to London. I think they may be overwhelmed and I would not have got the help that we did. All the staff in Manchester wants to do is see that you get your pet and they will do anything to do that. I hope anyone has the same experience I did. Thanks for asking.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:18 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

It went great. I made a post about it. I must have been that stressed I forgot about this thread. I delayed the flight asked the vet for a letter as a just in case about how they put the chip in first then rabies. I faxed that to PBS so I don't know whether they needed that or not. I got the worming paperwork fixed with the full chip number. The paperwork was all done in blue and black pen. I don't think that mattered. We arrived in Manchester to a happy dog and cat and wonderful staff. I am so glad I chose. It to send them to London. I think they may be overwhelmed and I would not have got the help that we did. All the staff in Manchester wants to do is see that you get your pet and they will do anything to do that. I hope anyone has the same experience I did. Thanks for asking.
Our dog (and us) fly into Manchester Dec 17th - I'm worried about her
Old Dec 6th 2012, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dollface
Our dog (and us) fly into Manchester Dec 17th - I'm worried about her
Dont be worried, just make sure that you have all the above that I did, and I only got the letter from the vet as they needed to be rechipped the same day, call pbs they are really good. Our dog and cat are happy , and our cat gets sickness in the car, We drove from Dallas to Maryland once with the cat for a move and she was sick for days , the next move was on a plane , and she was still sick, this one , I cant believe she made it!!!

The team at Pets on Jets at Manchester are great. All my worries went out the window, and after thought why was I so stressed. If you are on the same flight , then they triple look after you.

Good Luck , Where are you moving too?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:11 am

Dont be worried, just make sure that you have all the above that I did, and I only got the letter from the vet as they needed to be rechipped the same day, call pbs they are really good. Our dog and cat are happy , and our cat gets sickness in the car, We drove from Dallas to Maryland once with the cat for a move and she was sick for days , the next move was on a plane , and she was still sick, this one , I cant believe she made it!!!

The team at Pets on Jets at Manchester are great. All my worries went out the window, and after thought why was I so stressed. If you are on the same flight , then they triple look after you.

Good Luck , Where are you moving too?
Moving from Toronto to Scotland! via Manchester! she is on the same flight, I couldnt let her travel without us - i'll be happy once it's over....
Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Moving from Toronto to Scotland! via Manchester! she is on the same flight, I couldnt let her travel without us - i'll be happy once it's over....
We never did get to meet up...

Good luck Doll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.