Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Thanks SallySimmons for the info. I am going to use Worldwide Animal Services. They were recommended by James Cargo at Heathrow and have been timely in responding to my queries and providing a quote - lovely people to do deal with.

they recommended buying my own crates from the site that people are having problems with as they said it was cheaper than buying from them.

It is so reassuring to hear when pets have travelled well for other pet owners. My cat is 11; my dogs are 11, 6 and 3. The poor cat is getting to be a seasoned traveller, having crossed the pond once!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

leavingcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

jane,

was there also customs C5 forms to fill out as well......we are returning later this year and hasve been in touch with boomerang, they sent me the costs and also said it is worked out by allowing our 2 pomeranians sharing 1 crate....hope they got that right.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss
Thanks SallySimmons for the info. I am going to use Worldwide Animal Services. They were recommended by James Cargo at Heathrow and have been timely in responding to my queries and providing a quote - lovely people to do deal with.

they recommended buying my own crates from the site that people are having problems with as they said it was cheaper than buying from them.

It is so reassuring to hear when pets have travelled well for other pet owners. My cat is 11; my dogs are 11, 6 and 3. The poor cat is getting to be a seasoned traveller, having crossed the pond once!

where are they situated? we are at a little disadvantage in that we live in saskatoon...lol
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

jane blakely is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leavingcanada
jane,

was there also customs C5 forms to fill out as well......we are returning later this year and hasve been in touch with boomerang, they sent me the costs and also said it is worked out by allowing our 2 pomeranians sharing 1 crate....hope they got that right.
Yes, there is a C5 form - your pet relocator should provide you with this. As far as I know all animals have to travel in their own crates. I'd hoped that my 2 cats could share but was told it wasn't allowed as they can behave differently when 'caged' and could fight with each other? Maybe differant airlines have differant rules? You can always find the C5 form on line, as I did, but it was sent to me too.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jane blakely
Yes, there is a C5 form - your pet relocator should provide you with this. As far as I know all animals have to travel in their own crates. I'd hoped that my 2 cats could share but was told it wasn't allowed as they can behave differently when 'caged' and could fight with each other? Maybe differant airlines have differant rules? You can always find the C5 form on line, as I did, but it was sent to me too.

thanks....yes i think ours will have to be in a crate each because the bitch can be rather moody...lol
Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

Hi leaving Canada
I think they are Vancouver based and they are not listed on the IPATA site as serving Thunder Bay.

On James Cargo recommendation, I contacted them and was very surprised that they could help. I have to get the animals to Cargo at TB but that is not a problem. They quoted just under $5k for the four of them. The cat is about 8 lb and the dogs are around 13 lb, 15 lb and 17 lb.

They may have to travel in pairs from TB to Toronto on separate flights due to limited cargo space. They will be met in Toronto, their paperwork will be countersigned by the licensed Govt approved vet, they will be checked in for the international flight and if they need to stay overnight in Toronto that is included in the price.

I don't know if they get a complimentary newspaper though

In view of the fact that the arrangements are not straightforward and I am travelling solo, I am happy to pay for some assistance.

My initial impressions are that they are knowledgeable and very caring. Will let everyone know how it goes, once we get to the stage of placing the booking with them.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

My little is micoochipped but does have rabies for another 3 years.

When she is microchipped does she have to have another rabies injected as the the other one is superceded.?

Calgary to UK.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

i would think not from my understanding, as long as an animal is totally up to date with BOOSTERS if needed then just tape worm and 2 vets to sign her off as good to go, i have mine just re done with a 3 year vacine and ISO readable chips,well they were chipped a few years back.
from my understanding the 3 week wait is for those who never get vacines done, if you little friend is up to date then i would think thats good enough. you can allways e mail a pet carrier just to check because they really should be up to date with it all, after all it is their job to make sure before the animal flies.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

i would think not from my understanding, as long as an animal is totally up to date with BOOSTERS if needed then just tape worm and 2 vets to sign her off as good to go, i have mine just re done with a 3 year vacine and ISO readable chips,well they were chipped a few years back.
from my understanding the 3 week wait is for those who never get vacines done, if you little friend is up to date then i would think thats good enough. you can allways e mail a pet carrier just to check because they really should be up to date with it all, after all it is their job to make sure before the animal flies.
That is very true...I will ask them as I don't want to pay out more money than I need too.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Back2UK
That is very true...I will ask them as I don't want to pay out more money than I need too.
agree on that one big time....i e mail defra several times and even though i get a reply from a person they seem a bit inept at answering the question, must be a thing unique to goverment workers..lol
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

agree on that one big time....i e mail defra several times and even though i get a reply from a person they seem a bit inept at answering the question, must be a thing unique to goverment workers..lol
lol scared to commit to a response.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:23 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed - I thin k if they are up to date all is well as long as the rabies shot was given AFTER the microchip.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dollface
Agreed - I thin k if they are up to date all is well as long as the rabies shot was given AFTER the microchip.
You see my dog has had her up to date injections including the 3 yr rabies but isn't microchipped so that is why I think I will have to have it again. They are quiet specific about the rabies after microchipped so I can see $$$$ ching ching
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:37 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Back2UK
You see my dog has had her up to date injections including the 3 yr rabies but isn't microchipped so that is why I think I will have to have it again. They are quiet specific about the rabies after microchipped so I can see $$$$ ching ching
yeah, sadly i'm 99.9% sure you'll have to re vaccinate
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dollface
yeah, sadly i'm 99.9% sure you'll have to re vaccinate
yes i agree on this one, they are rather specific about the way its done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.