Need information

Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need information

Originally Posted by Michelle7
What do i need to do to apply to use the NHS services after returning to the uk? Mainly for my children which will need a G.P.
Nothing, other than register with your local GP as normal.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle7
What do i need to do to apply to use the NHS services after returning to the uk? Mainly for my children which will need a G.P.
The NHS is residency based, so once you move back permanently you are eligible for NHS treatment from day 1.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Now being reported by the BBC. The devil is in the details but I can’t see how this will be workable without turning into Windrush 2.0.
It can't but neither Priti nor Boris give a flying one.

Here's another report in the Independent which might interest you... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9061476.html

Take back control?
Old Aug 19th 2019, 8:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It can't but neither Priti nor Boris give a flying one.
I know you would like that to be true but it isn't. Reading more into it, it looks like it's just announcing of existing legal default as if it was a new policy. The only new policy is deciding not putting any further measures in place.

Here's another report in the Independent which might interest you... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9061476.html

Take back control?
I know VFS well enough - they've put me out of a job twice
Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I know VFS well enough - they've put me out of a job twice
Sorry to hear that, but what was disturbing in the report was the location of the various bits and pieces of the company "governance".. Mauritius, Caymans, Luxembourg etc. Not the most transparent locations for a company who receive vast quantities of very personal information and money from visa applicants all over the world who wish to move to other countries all over the world.

Ugly stuff.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 11:43 am

Sorry to hear that, but what was disturbing in the report was the location of the various bits and pieces of the company "governance".. Mauritius, Caymans, Luxembourg etc. Not the most transparent locations for a company who receive vast quantities of very personal information and money from visa applicants all over the world who wish to move to other countries all over the world.

Ugly stuff.
Yes, clearly a tax dodge and scandal-in-waiting as well as a whole host of other problems, but unfortunately we lost that argument a long time ago.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 4:51 pm
Born again atheist

Yes, clearly a tax dodge and scandal-in-waiting as well as a whole host of other problems, but unfortunately we lost that argument a long time ago.
I can't expect you to say who "we" were, but I'd appreciate knowing who "they" were?
Old Aug 21st 2019, 5:58 pm

I can't expect you to say who "we" were, but I'd appreciate knowing who "they" were?
It’s a long story but it was basically an argument between the Home Office and the FCO over real estate costs at the start of austerity. Net result was that everyone lost out including the taxpayer. Buy me a pint one day and I’ll tell you the whole sorry saga