Need information

Old Aug 17th 2019, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Michelle7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need information

Im currently living in portugal (madeira island) and im thinking of going back to live in the u.k.
​​​​How do i go about in returning with my family, two children aged 7 and 13. I still have my national insurance number. And would i be able to get my children in a school in the uk. I have dual nationality, will my children be able to get a british passport too?

Last edited by Michelle7; Aug 17th 2019 at 1:18 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2019, 1:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need information

Where were you born? What’s the situation with the other parent?
Old Aug 18th 2019, 12:44 am
Just Joined

I was born in the uk, my children was born in portugal and my partner was born in portugal, but he lived in the uk when he was 6 years old.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 12:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your children will be British citizens by descent then. All three of you merely need valid British passports to return to the UK. Will their father be accompanying you?
Old Aug 18th 2019, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Yes he will. Will there be complications with him returning? He also still has his national insurance number, as he lived in the uk from the age of 7/8 and studied and worked in the uk till the age of 22.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 8:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

When are you considering moving, pre Oct 31st he will just be using the EU freedom of movement agreement, after that, who knows?
Old Aug 18th 2019, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Ok so he has to move before october 31st, to then be able to stay in the uk?
Old Aug 18th 2019, 10:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle7
Ok so he has to move before october 31st, to then be able to stay in the uk?
No-one really knows, but it's possible, IF the UK leaves on October 31st, then he MIGHT need a spouse visa, nothing is yet set in stone, and given themrevelations in the UK papers this morning, it's still possible that the date will be exrended, there could be a second referendum, there could be a general election, your guess is as good as mine. IF he is in the UK before 31st of October using freedom of movement then it's unlikely that nhe will need any sort of visa. I do wish this inept government would get its collective finger out and sort things oiut.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No-one really knows, but it's possible, IF the UK leaves on October 31st, then he MIGHT need a spouse visa, nothing is yet set in stone, and given themrevelations in the UK papers this morning, it's still possible that the date will be exrended, there could be a second referendum, there could be a general election, your guess is as good as mine. IF he is in the UK before 31st of October using freedom of movement then it's unlikely that nhe will need any sort of visa. I do wish this inept government would get its collective finger out and sort things oiut.
That’s not correct Mike. If the OP’s partner arrives before 31 October then he will be able to apply for pre-settled status which will guarantee his right to stay under UK law meaning if the UK leaves the EU without a Withdrawal Agreement then he will be unaffected. If there’s a WA then he can arrive up to 31 December 2020 and apply for pre-settled status. If there’s no WA then he can still move to the UK until 31 December 2020 but he will need to meet the requirements of the UK’s post-Brexit immigration policy after this date.

That being said, given the length of time he has spent in the UK, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was granted settled status immediately.

Last edited by BritInParis; Aug 18th 2019 at 11:37 am.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Ok thank you for the information. If i have any more queries i'll be in touch.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 4:42 pm
Concierge

This is the latest from the Home Office, published today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9064376.html, not too sure how sensationalist the Independent is being but it does seem to throw up a lot of possible problems in the case of 'no deal'
Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:55 am

This is the latest from the Home Office, published today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9064376.html, not too sure how sensationalist the Independent is being but it does seem to throw up a lot of possible problems in the case of 'no deal'
Interesting. If they try to bring the end of free movement forward to 31 October then I suspect the practicality of attempting to distinguish between existing residents and new arrivals will necessitate a climb down. Even the existing plan of trying to retrospectively apply the new immigration system from 1 January 2021 to post Brexit arrivals was already unworkable.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 6:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Interesting. If they try to bring the end of free movement forward to 31 October then I suspect the practicality of attempting to distinguish between existing residents and new arrivals will necessitate a climb down. Even the existing plan of trying to retrospectively apply the new immigration system from 1 January 2021 to post Brexit arrivals was already unworkable.
This is what I've heard about that, that it would be possible for someone to be on holiday out of the country on 31st Oct, and be denied entry on the 1st November even though they lived in the UK and had a job. I realise this is sensationalist tabloid headlines but it's still a worrying possibility.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 11:54 am
Just Joined

What do i need to do to apply to use the NHS services after returning to the uk? Mainly for my children which will need a G.P.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:24 pm

This is what I've heard about that, that it would be possible for someone to be on holiday out of the country on 31st Oct, and be denied entry on the 1st November even though they lived in the UK and had a job. I realise this is sensationalist tabloid headlines but it's still a worrying possibility.
Now being reported by the BBC. The devil is in the details but I can’t see how this will be workable without turning into Windrush 2.0.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.