Reload this Page >

Need Help pls -Trying to get back from Spain

Wikiposts

Need Help pls -Trying to get back from Spain

Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:40 am
Just Joined

rickster 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help pls -Trying to get back from Spain

Need Help my home in Spain is being repossessed in the next month i need to get my family, pets and belongings back to the UK but have no money to do so is there anyone who can help us out any associations or charities ?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:53 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help pls

Originally Posted by rickster 1
Need Help my home in Spain is being repossessed in the next month i need to get my family, pets and belongings back to the UK but have no money to do so is there anyone who can help us out any associations or charities ?
Hi rickster,

Sorry to read that you are going through such a tough time. I suggest that you also post in the Spain forum and see if anyone there can you give you some pointers. I haven't heard of any charities etc that help expats move back to the UK under the circumstances you are going through. But maybe someone else here knows of something.

Do you not have any friends/family in the UK who can help you out? Perhaps they could help you pay for a van so you can pack up your household stuff and you could drive it back?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:37 am
Just Joined

chelseafan.2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Help pls -Trying to get back from Spain

This is just an idea but last year we donated to a facebook page set up by a family based in Spain that needed help with raising the money to get their dog back to the UK, photos were posted of the dog and everyone that wanted to donate an amount big or small could do so and also keep up with the story knowing it was a genuine cause. Once you have the vaccinations done and bought the passports it would be much cheaper to drive your pets home yourself. We have heard of many expats returning that way and driving through the tunnel rather than leave their pets on the ferry for the long crossing. Having two rescue dogs that were dumped because their owners never thought about maybe having to return and knowing first hand how the dogs have suffered I would make sure you have everything covered.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 2:39 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi rickster,

Sorry to read that you are going through such a tough time. I suggest that you also post in the Spain forum and see if anyone there can you give you some pointers. I haven't heard of any charities etc that help expats move back to the UK under the circumstances you are going through. But maybe someone else here knows of something.

Do you not have any friends/family in the UK who can help you out? Perhaps they could help you pay for a van so you can pack up your household stuff and you could drive it back?
Great idea about the van Sue, maybe the OP could sell their possessions to fund the trip home?

Lots on here have done it.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi rickster,

Thanks Sue will post in the Spain forum iam afraid my friends and family back home are not able to help at the moment its tight all around with money we have sold all our Jewellery and a lot of our possessions to try to pay the morgage but its gone to far now but will keep trying thanks

Last edited by rickster 1; Mar 2nd 2011 at 7:07 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Need Help pls -Trying to get back from Spain

Originally Posted by chelseafan.2011
This is just an idea but last year we donated to a facebook page set up by a family based in Spain that needed help with raising the money to get their dog back to the UK, photos were posted of the dog and everyone that wanted to donate an amount big or small could do so and also keep up with the story knowing it was a genuine cause. Once you have the vaccinations done and bought the passports it would be much cheaper to drive your pets home yourself. We have heard of many expats returning that way and driving through the tunnel rather than leave their pets on the ferry for the long crossing. Having two rescue dogs that were dumped because their owners never thought about maybe having to return and knowing first hand how the dogs have suffered I would make sure you have everything covered.
Well its worth a try i'll ask my wife to sort something out with the pics we have 4 dogs a Rottweiler 7years old a St Bernard 2 years a British bulldog 3 yrs and a Spanish water dog 4 yrs I don't want to leave them in kennels so will try to do my best to get them back other wise find them new homes which would be heart braking for the family