Wikiposts

Need Advice !

Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Robbo66 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Advice !

Me and my aussie wife moved to Oz for good (we thought) in late 2004. We started off in Melbourne, but it didnt work out, so we are know living on the sunshine coast.
After three years we still dont feel settled - even my aussie wife?!
Still have my job back in the UK but cant keep it forever. Need to make a decision.
We now have a baby girl (15 months). Will she have a better life here?!
Is there any kind of child benefit payment in england?
Should we say we have given it a fair go and fly back to London???!!!
Need some advice from ex-pats?
London's calling!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:21 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice !

Originally Posted by Robbo66
Me and my aussie wife moved to Oz for good (we thought) in late 2004. We started off in Melbourne, but it didnt work out, so we are know living on the sunshine coast.
After three years we still dont feel settled - even my aussie wife?!
Still have my job back in the UK but cant keep it forever. Need to make a decision.
We now have a baby girl (15 months). Will she have a better life here?!
Is there any kind of child benefit payment in england?
Should we say we have given it a fair go and fly back to London???!!!
Need some advice from ex-pats?
London's calling!
This is a question that ultimately only you can answer. All I can say is that we brought up three sons in London and were very happy. There is so much to do in London, we were never, ever bored. One thing that London has going for it is all the parks and commons, so it doesn't feel like living in a huge metropolis.

Because of the extensive public transport network it is easy to get around and visit places, not just in London but on the outskirts as well (Hampton, Greenwich etc). One of the things my kids used to enjoy tremendously when they were little was going for trips on a double-decker bus.

Which area were you planning to live in? Schools and their catchment areas is obviously something to investigate prior to moving.

And yes, there is child benefit in the UK. Also child tax credit. I believe there may even be a tax allowance for childcare. Plus free healthcare