National insurance number

Old May 19th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice
Default National insurance number

We have recently moved back to the UK and OH (Italian) needs to get a national insurance number. I've seen a couple of sites which ask £40 for this, but when I rang up the Inland Rev they said that this 40£ just deals with some admin stuff but you still need to go for an interview to prove that you are who you say you are. Could some one confirm that this is true? If he can avoid going for an interview for the nat insurance number that would be fab.
Old May 19th 2009, 7:50 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National insurance number

I have never heard of anyone having to pay to get an NI number!

My husband is a New Zealander and when he first got his 11yrs ago it was certainly the case then.

When i returned last year i couldnt find my NI card and all i had to do was go to theJob Centre Plus and show my ID etc and they sent me a card. If i were you i'd just contact them to see how he goes about it.
Old May 19th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

HMRC website refers to an interview - as mentioned at the job centre to verify identity.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/nimmanual/NIM39325.htm

I don't think you would need to pay anyone - looks like a bit of a scam to me!
Old May 19th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

http://google.lnk.taxback.com/uk_RegisterNIN.asp

Here's one of the sites offering to do the process for 40£. It looks not too bad, but the bloke who I spoke to today said that you will still have to go to the job centre. It's not such an issue going to the job centre except that in London only certain job centres do them so i have to trek to Tooting rather than to my local job centre....
Old May 19th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

You have to do an interview. There is no getting around it. It's a waste of £40 to pay someone to try and get around this IMHO.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

It's your money, but I don't think I would pay someone to fill in that kind of form for me....

As you say, the biggest issue for you is visiting the job centre, which you will still have to do....

I'd be sceptical of the promises of improving the times too - make sure you check the fine print and understand exactly what they offer.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I used to interview applicants for NINOs. It's the documentation they provide and the questions they answer that count not what some other agency says.

There's even more double-checking involved now than when I did it. I can imagine that using some other agency might arouse suspicion needlessly or be meaningless at best.
Old May 20th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Hi just a quick question,we migrated to Australia 18 years ago .When we go back to live in UK (this year sometime,fingers crossed) will they still have our national insurance number on record from our previous address?
Any help would be appreciated.Iam a nurse and my husband was a self employed painter/decorator.Cheers.
Old May 20th 2009, 9:21 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Hi just a quick question,we migrated to Australia 18 years ago .When we go back to live in UK (this year sometime,fingers crossed) will they still have our national insurance number on record from our previous address?
Any help would be appreciated.Iam a nurse and my husband was a self employed painter/decorator.Cheers.
Yes, your NI number will still be there. We were gone 10yrs, we both got the same number. Even OH had the same number even though he is not British.
Old May 20th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the quick reply Flea,thats another thing ticked off my list.Away to phone Bank of Scotland next to see where my pin has got to,opened our account last June so will get interest next month, on our grand sum of 50 pounds
Old May 20th 2009, 9:43 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Thanks for the quick reply Flea,thats another thing ticked off my list.Away to phone Bank of Scotland next to see where my pin has got to,opened our account last June so will get interest next month, on our grand sum of 50 pounds
You might well have to get a new PIN sent.
Old May 20th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi flea,
just thought i would update you on the bank thing.Hmm apparently the card i got/paperwork doesnt exist on the account!! just a passbook.Was on hold for 20 mins ffs.Put phone down and started again,got a lovely scottish gentlman and he sorted out the pin thing to be sent to me.Oviously the woman didn't know what she was talking about.Phew.Who did you use to transfer your money to UK if you dont mind me asking? Thought of using ozforex no charge this end to send money if over $10,000 converted to pounds.No charge in uk if they receive pounds. (Bank of Scotland).(asked him while on the phone). Just so other people on BE are aware of their options.
Old May 20th 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

I have been trying to contact the Bank of Scotland today to see if my daughter's account is still active, but couldn't find a phone number for them anywhere. How did you manage it?
Old May 20th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

After zero activity on my HSBC account for about 5-7 years (I think it was that long), I got a call from them saying they'd be closing it if I didn't let them know something. I was still abroad so my Dad went and put a fiver in for me which kept it plodding along until I got back.
Old May 21st 2009, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OrkneytoPortugal
I have been trying to contact the Bank of Scotland today to see if my daughter's account is still active, but couldn't find a phone number for them anywhere. How did you manage it?
we opened our account last june while over on holiday the account is a liquid gold savings account with the halifax opened through (bank of scotland).here are a few numbers i have with the paperwork.

07591 640448
07591 655479 (maybe fax number)
0800 7311499

country code, area code then 033809574 (0 to be knocked off)

i used the bottom one,ie phoning from australia
00114411 3380 9574 (halifax)

i know that they have 0 in front of the number but you have to knock that off.you could always phone direct inquiries then get them to connect you.may also be different numbers as we have online service as well.hope this helps but it probably confused you sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.