Wikiposts

My wake up call...

Old Aug 17th 2006, 11:22 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My wake up call...

I'd have thought MikeStanton would have loved living in OZ - with the way he tries to assert he own perceived intelligence and aloofness above most other BE members and their posts - he would have been in his element proclaiming his superiority above the mindless, braindead ozzies he claims to have left behind.

Or maybe the UK is offering him even more opportunity with the chav epidemic...
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
This has got to take the prize for the most inane thread yet.

A load of sh*te about sh*te. Who gives a sh*t?

Get a grip.
Not the most inane post, but maybe a lot of people are reading too much into what Tracey said (or taking it out of context not you Mike). There's only so much you can say on a webpage.

Remember, her actual family live in Australia. It's only her rellies that live in the UK. Her partner was left behind.

Seems that the anti-Oz brigade are just as bad as the anti-Uk brigade as has often been said before.

I've met Tracey and her family in person so its easier for me not to jump down anyone's throat, and Tracey is certainly not another drama queen or 'expats tragic'.

For what's it worth, I think Australia is generally pretty good at keeping it's civic areas clean, but this of course does not apply to the Western suburbs of Sydney.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Based on your totally illogical and irrelevant argument, my money's on the shopworker.
I've now read your 2nd post and subsequent posts and mate, you don't always do yourself any favours do you.

When are you going to wake up and realise there are some very capable and intelligent people - in all aspects of the definition - going about their lives in many locations who a) can match you b) are happier than you c) are more balanced than you d) who even do the same job as you and they don't all live in the UK(!) Maybe even places like Luxembourg!

Occasionally you are bang on the money - other times you stoop as low as the people you criticise.

I still think that some people are overcooking the plastic bags and poo bit. I think we all know what Tracey means. It's times like this when we just need to show a bit of empathy and its not all black and white. Doesn't matter how you've internalised your decision, if you're happy then it may well be the right one.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 11:59 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidb
What a pathetic individual this Mike Stanton fellow is. He is more of a curmudgeon than Victor Meldrew.
Who exactly are you? Why are you here? You seem to be here solely to join in the arguements and stir the pot. When are we going to see a post that isn't critical, negative or argumentative?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:27 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: My wake up call...

As has already been stated, you can't really expect to come on to a forum for people in the Uk or thinking about moving back here, claim the Uk is full of dog muck and other nonsense and not expect a bit of stick. Fact is the OP is just looking for an excuse to convince herself that moving to Aus was the right thing to do. If it wasn't dog muck/shop assistants or whatever, it would be something else. People looked "gloomy" because that's what she wanted to see. I don't recall people in Sydney high-fiving each other in the shops at the check-outs. *Nobody* suffers "unbearable homesickness" and then goes, "but there are nice parks here in Perth - that's it, I'm cured!". Unbearable homesickness means not feeling like you belong where you are and missing close friendships built up over years, and no amount of meaningless twaddle about "carefree, healthy lifestyles" is going to fix that.

Off to the pub now. Fortunately not one that looks like a betting shop with 20 foot wide plasma TVs showing egg-chucking morons in vests.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
As has already been stated, you can't really expect to come on to a forum for people in the Uk or thinking about moving back here, claim the Uk is full of dog muck and other nonsense and not expect a bit of stick. ..
At last, an insightful post.

OMG, ex-Pats will want to escape from Oz, because of this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391184
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:26 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: My wake up call...

OMG, ex-Pats will want to escape from Oz, because of this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391184
What, you mean a dog has actually defecated in public in the utopia that is the promised land of Perth? Glad I'm not there right now as they're probably rioting in the streets over this outrage.

Perhaps TraceyW could put pen to paper and write a book about her miracle cure for homesickness. Maybe call it "My Enlightenment Through the Medium of Dog Dirt", or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Smiling Shop Assistants". She'd be on to a winner.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
What, you mean a dog has actually defecated in public in the utopia that is the promised land of Perth? Glad I'm not there right now as they're probably rioting in the streets over this outrage.

Perhaps TraceyW could put pen to paper and write a book about her miracle cure for homesickness. Maybe call it "My Enlightenment Through the Medium of Dog Dirt", or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Smiling Shop Assistants". She'd be on to a winner.

I cannot believe you could write something so vicious. tracey has given HER account, i read that with great interest and have spoken to her privatly and she has been a fountain of knowledge.
What is it in the Brit psyche that wants to kick others good fortune?
I do note that the 2 posters being so negative are back in britain.
hummm?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London7
I cannot believe you could write something so vicious. tracey has given HER account, i read that with great interest and have spoken to her privatly and she has been a fountain of knowledge.
hummm?
Get off your high horse, Tonto. Has anybody criticised TraceyW for wanting to return to Oz? No. The criticism is aimed at part of the reason for her return, dog excrement. She's really nailed the big issues, FFS.

Oh and BTW, it's well known that Aussies love to cut-down others that are more successful than themselves (which is easy to achieve) - it's the Tall Poppy syndrome.

Now get back in your pram and stick with what you know; your rattle.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:09 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

As both are deliberately trying to be vicious and inflammatory it's easy just to ignore them. Like school yard bullies they may well get bored and move on. How unfulfilled life must be for someone who has emmigrated and returned and still has to trawl through the various forums looking for threads which they can contribute negatively towards. The only folk still hung up on the dog poo and shop asisstants is them. Perhaps it's time for one of the mods to close this thread?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by banjo
As both are deliberately trying to be vicious and inflammatory it's easy just to ignore them. Like school yard bullies they may well get bored and move on. How unfulfilled life must be for someone who has emmigrated and returned and still has to trawl through the various forums looking for threads which they can contribute negatively towards. The only folk still hung up on the dog poo and shop asisstants is them. Perhaps it's time for one of the mods to close this thread?

well said!!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Get off your high horse, Tonto. Has anybody criticised TraceyW for wanting to return to Oz? No. The criticism is aimed at part of the reason for her return, dog excrement. She's really nailed the big issues, FFS.

Oh and BTW, it's well known that Aussies love to cut-down others that are more successful than themselves (which is easy to achieve) - it's the Tall Poppy syndrome.

Now get back in your pram and stick with what you know; your rattle.

Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:49 am
Bendy Bully

I cannot believe you could write something so vicious.

Try not to overdo it will you.

tracey has given HER account,
And as it was posted up for discussion, I've given my opinion on it, which is that anyone that claims to have suffered "unbearable homesickness", then suddenly thinks "there's nice smiley people here and clean parks and now all my troubles have just drifted away", is just talking self-delusional rubbish and not giving realistic advice to anyone.

Go back and read the original post again. Who's doing the kicking here?

hummm?
Yep. Great it is too. Oh hang on, my house is about to be engulfed in a landslide of dog excrement. I've warned the council about that. Aaaarrgghhh.......

Originally Posted by banjo
As both are deliberately trying to be vicious and inflammatory....
Another one that's forgotten the original post.

Last edited by Eric Hitchmo; Aug 18th 2006 at 9:54 am.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:58 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
This is an excellent post and made interesting reading for me. I moved to Perth in March and while hubby and child are settled there is this one phrase that keeps coming into my head - "I want to go home". Sorry, crying now I'm glad that the trip has helped you to find some peace and finality.

Hubby is on the phone at this minute talking to family in the UK and telling them how happy I am. I've tried to tell him but he can't see it
I am really sorry that you feel this way. Would you be able to try and make friends etc and see how you feel in a few months time??
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

At last, an insightful post.

From the "Stanton Dictionary"...

Insightful: One who agrees with me.
Irrelevant: One who disagrees with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.