My upcoming trip to UK

Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My upcoming trip to UK

Fulwood, you must be SO excited, if a little nervous! I hope all goes well for you. You really need this break and it could be the beginning of a brand new you.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My upcoming trip to UK t

Originally Posted by Mallory
Ir was August 2011, and it was the new terminal. The hold up was the computer system being down, and everyone had to go to the ticket counter. No boarding passes being issued. Also, everyone had to go through pre-immigration. We were not delayed though, they seemed to get everyone through. We were early at the airport though.
This happened to me this past July, Malta Intl airport's computers were down, no boarding passes etc like you describe. I missed my Vienna-Toronto flight and had to stay at a hotel in Vienna. (At the airlines expense though )
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

My backup plan is to stay in Dublin overnight and catch 2:10pm flight to Blackpool. So where do I clear customs and immigration. It has to Dublin right? Not Toronto? I plan to renew UK passport whilst in England as there long enough to visit offices and get one.Thank you everyone for all your information - it is helpful.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, we shall see what the trip brings. I will hear many stories of Dwane and I as young children that nobody ever told us. Children from Harris will have stories of their own. My doctor has upped my medications as I'm still not in a good place but the trip and break from the US will definitely do me good. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
My backup plan is to stay in Dublin overnight and catch 2:10pm flight to Blackpool. So where do I clear customs and immigration. It has to Dublin right? Not Toronto? I plan to renew UK passport whilst in England as there long enough to visit offices and get one.Thank you everyone for all your information - it is helpful.
Yes you will go through immi in dublin. Preclearance is only TSA (US) on the way back through Dublin. And keep in mind that since you enter the UK/Ireland with the US passport, you need to exit on your US passport. Even if you get a UK one when in England, you didn't enter as a UK citizen, so you exit as a US one...
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gozitanguygoinghome99xx
Yes you will go through immi in dublin. Preclearance is only TSA (US) on the way back through Dublin. And keep in mind that since you enter the UK/Ireland with the US passport, you need to exit on your US passport. Even if you get a UK one when in England, you didn't enter as a UK citizen, so you exit as a US one...

Errr, not necessarily true. But very tangential & secondary to the OP.

S
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor here will be upping mine pretty soon, too, I'm sure! This last year has been one round of stress after another. I hope the UK sees an end to it. I believe it will eventually.

I had a look online and there are some great jobs there for me. Of course, the first one might not be quite what I want but I know that once I get there - and after the first few months - it will all be uphill from there. I just need to survive this immediate stress.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get fast passport renewal through face to face service in Liverpool - check online. You might want to do this THE MOMENT YOU ARRIVE for peace of mind. It may be a bit more expensive than the basic service but you will have your new passport in your hands pronto.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Otherwise, get it through your post office.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 8th 2014 at 9:15 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, we shall see what the trip brings. I will hear many stories of Dwane and I as young children that nobody ever told us. Children from Harris will have stories of their own. My doctor has upped my medications as I'm still not in a good place but the trip and break from the US will definitely do me good. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Will be thinking about you and hope you have a good time. You deserve it. Take care and all the best to you
Old Jun 9th 2014, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete, I looked that up a few years back when thought I was able to go back to UK. But will make appmt before departure. Nobody has really answered my question though do you think I can make that 2:10pm flight or play it safe and stay overnight..
Old Jun 9th 2014, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal, you and a few others are always kind to me. I must say that 2 weeks ago had major breakdown over brother's death. Still so hard for me to believe that my one true constant in life is gone but he was suffering so much. Doctor has put me on maximum dosage he can for PTSD. I have 3 medications. One for sleeping is not working at all. The break will do me good no matter what. I'm seeing folks from eons ago. Take care of yourself.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Pistolpete, I looked that up a few years back when thought I was able to go back to UK. But will make appmt before departure. Nobody has really answered my question though do you think I can make that 2:10pm flight or play it safe and stay overnight..
I have your AC flight from Toronto getting into Dublin at 10:40am which even with a two hour delay would leave you plenty of time to make the Blackpool flight which is only a small aircraft (ATR) so easy check-in.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete, thanks so much I appreciate your help and advice. Thanks to others as well. I will book it today.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete, thanks so much I appreciate your help and advice. Thanks to others as well. I will book it today.
I think this trip is just what you need!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're headed to Newton Stewart at some point? My dad lived there for a while - lovely (Robert the Bruce) country!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.