Wikiposts

My Son Hates Me!

Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Son Hates Me!

I'm still scared of shots (vaccinations) and would do almost anything to get out of having one.

Shots in the mouth given by the dentist and shots taking blood don't bother me.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:15 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

when we went for our medicals for our green cards - i was about 8 months pregnant - so i chickened out of taking my 4 year old in - letting my husband do that - in case he went a bit mad. (I took the 2 year old in). Anyways - when they were in - all I could hear was screaming and sobbing etc - which went on for about 5 minutes before they came out! I said to DH - i was hoping they didnt need any jabs as should be up to date. DH explained there was no jab - it was just the doc trying to put a blood pressure cuff on him He didnt like it and basicallly refused! Rather glad there was no jab as he would have gone through the roof! The 2 year old was just fine

The 4 year old was so tramuatized by the jabs at his 4 year well check he asked several times a day for MONTHS if it was the day he had to have more! (becuase like a fool i had told him there were more to come - 6 months later).

Last edited by MsElui; Sep 25th 2009 at 10:18 am.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Just back from taking my 6 year old for his first dose of Hep B vaccine he needs for going to school in Indiana. He cried and said he NEVER wants to go back to the doctors office EVER again. I could't bring myself to tell him he has to have another dose in 4 weeks and the final one in 5 months! I am sure he will forget though.
Just wait until he's 14 and you try to stop him from going to a concert in Chicago with his mates.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

im so phobic of needles i cant even see them on tv or i have a few blown panic attack.

The last vaccination i had was when i was 4. Till i got my k1 and i was so heavily drugged i was barely consious thankgod.

When we have kids, hubby is takin them for shots. Same with the kittens infact!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Just back from taking my 6 year old for his first dose of Hep B vaccine he needs for going to school in Indiana. He cried and said he NEVER wants to go back to the doctors office EVER again. I could't bring myself to tell him he has to have another dose in 4 weeks and the final one in 5 months! I am sure he will forget though.
Aw Sarah - that sounds awful. Just don't trick him into going back to the doctor's. I still remember being a little girl and being told we were going to McDonald's (that was a big deal back then!) and I pulled on my little pink coat only to find myself at the doctors for shots. My parents claim we went to McDonald's afterwards, and maybe we did, but I only remember being tricked.

I like the idea of taking them for something fun afterwards. Hang in there!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:13 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I was always bribed with a new Barbie doll. I still used to run around the doctors office anyway.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Son has his medical assessment on Tuesday and will need to get his blood pressure done. He has never had to have it done before and I think he may well freak out. Daughter gets it done all the time due to her kidney problems and she likes looking at the numbers on the monitor. May have to take her along. Of course, the fact there will be no needles this time may help my cause!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:56 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Our 2-year old is now scared of doctors due to jabs.
Maybe Doctors and nurses should have someone dress up as a president or politician to give the Jabs...teach the little tykes from the get go not to trust the barstards.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I was told by receptionist at Dr's office the Heb b shots would be £11 each but did not get asked for money when I went to book the next one and I certainly wasn't going to remind them. I am taking son for his medical assessment in half an hour and was told by receptionist at Dr's office that this could cost as much as £75 depending on how long it takes. When I reminded son he was going back to doctors this afternoon he held his arm and said 'No jabs this time?' He looked rather concerned but I truthfully replied, 'No jabs. Not this time' The next jab will be 3 weeks on Friday.

Originally Posted by NYCbound
I had to physically restrain my 7 year old when she had a HepB jab a couple of weeks ago, was awful! The fuss she made was unreal, I had to carry her in the room after I dragged her from the carpark. Nothing else for it, had to be done. My son was brilliant though, showing his older sister up!
Dreading the next shot (and bloody paying for it too, £35 each!)
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SarahG
I was told by receptionist at Dr's office the Heb b shots would be £11 each but did not get asked for money when I went to book the next one and I certainly wasn't going to remind them. I am taking son for his medical assessment in half an hour and was told by receptionist at Dr's office that this could cost as much as £75 depending on how long it takes. When I reminded son he was going back to doctors this afternoon he held his arm and said 'No jabs this time?' He looked rather concerned but I truthfully replied, 'No jabs. Not this time' The next jab will be 3 weeks on Friday.
Up to £75??
Mine are costing £105 EACH! With the doctor having the discretion of charging less should he wish. I bloody hope he wishes.
Why are my jabs and medicals more expensive? Tis just not fair!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Just back from Dr's office. His appointment was at 3pm but we were finally called at 3.45pm. Did all the basic height, weight, BP, listen to heart, feel gland in neck, look in ears and mouth etc. Have to go back with a urine sample. They had already printed out the vaccination list so am able to fill that in easily. Again no request for payment. I just hope that I don't suddenly get billed!
We were out by 4.05pm
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:26 pm
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

I have twins and they get their jabs at the same time, the first one, whoever it is takes it manfully and then fights me and the nurse not to do it to "their brother" which causes screaming and kicking from the one about to get it! a couple of times I have managed to get Hubby to come along, but mostly impossible! as the twice he has done it he has left in floods of tears!
To those who are paying for the Hep B jabs in the UK, find the number of your local PCT (Primary Health Trust) and ask what the rules are, I was in East Kent, Hep B is not a normal jab, but I got it free, as any child receiving it, is considered "at risk" from the infection, and they have no allowance for the fact that you are moving to the USA, they became "at risk" due to the need for the vaccine in a foreign country? but some doctors will try it on, I approached my Health Visitor first, and she investigated for me, some friends who have recently come over to CT, from East Kent, approached their doctor first, and paid!
Unfortunately I couldn't use the same move for the chicken pox vaccine as they had had chicken pox, so not at risk.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:28 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

My children hate me on principle I think. Its just the order of evolution!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:32 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has just asked when she has to go for her booster.
Me: Next week
Daughter: It's just one isn't it?
M: Yes
D: When's the next one
M: I think 3 months
D: Is that it then?
M: Yes
D: For life?
M: No, for a few years unless they change the rules and you have to have a different one for school
D: Well if they change the rules I'm going to write to the president and complain 'cos its just not on

Gotta love 'em
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Just back from Dr's office. His appointment was at 3pm but we were finally called at 3.45pm. Did all the basic height, weight, BP, listen to heart, feel gland in neck, look in ears and mouth etc. Have to go back with a urine sample. They had already printed out the vaccination list so am able to fill that in easily. Again no request for payment. I just hope that I don't suddenly get billed!
We were out by 4.05pm
Just back aswell, took forever, BUT my Dr seemed to have forgotten that he should be charging me and I kept very quiet. Think I have just saved myself £210. Niiiice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.