Wikiposts

My Son Hates Me!

Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Son Hates Me!

Just back from taking my 6 year old for his first dose of Hep B vaccine he needs for going to school in Indiana. He cried and said he NEVER wants to go back to the doctors office EVER again. I could't bring myself to tell him he has to have another dose in 4 weeks and the final one in 5 months! I am sure he will forget though.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Son Hates Me!

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Just back from taking my 6 year old for his first dose of Hep B vaccine he needs for going to school in Indiana. He cried and said he NEVER wants to go back to the doctors office EVER again. I could't bring myself to tell him he has to have another dose in 4 weeks and the final one in 5 months! I am sure he will forget though.
Perfectly normal.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I think it may have gone better if he hadn't watched the needle go in his arm!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, he will forget about it as soon as the mark disappears. Has he never had innoculations before? I would have thought that even in the UK he would have been vaccinated for somethings by age 6.

Poor tike. Did he at least get a lolly?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:06 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I recently had to take my 7 year old for her shots. She needed boosters and a couple for here that she didn't need in the UK, 6 shots in all.

I had to pin her to the bed a bit like you head lock your dog when you take them to the vets, she tried to kick the nurse screamed, shouted, cried...

I felt awful and took her for ice cream.

By the time my husband arrived home 2 hours later and asked her how the doctors was she said 'it was ok'

Little so and so, hubby can take her for her booster next week
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:11 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Poor kid.
I use bribery to get through vaccinations with my kids
Although Ds#2 did growl at the pink lady with a plate full of cookies after his Kindergarten shots He wasn't even tempted by big cookies, totally unheard of.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Ahhh, he will forget about it as soon as the mark disappears. Has he never had innoculations before? I would have thought that even in the UK he would have been vaccinated for somethings by age 6.

Poor tike. Did he at least get a lolly?
He has had all the vaccinations here that kids get. MMR, dipt etc. The nurse gave him a sticker for kids who have had their flu shots!

Originally Posted by N1cky
I recently had to take my 7 year old for her shots. She needed boosters and a couple for here that she didn't need in the UK, 6 shots in all.

I had to pin her to the bed a bit like you head lock your dog when you take them to the vets, she tried to kick the nurse screamed, shouted, cried...

I felt awful and took her for ice cream.

By the time my husband arrived home 2 hours later and asked her how the doctors was she said 'it was ok'

Little so and so, hubby can take her for her booster next week
Sounds like what we had to do when daughter had to have her MMR booster!

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Poor kid.
I use bribery to get through vaccinations with my kids
Although Ds#2 did growl at the pink lady with a plate full of cookies after his Kindergarten shots He wasn't even tempted by big cookies, totally unheard of.
I did bribe him and said he could have one of my Go Ahead Yoghurt slices. Not really a treat for kids though. He seems to have forgotten about it now and it lying on the floor pretending to be an ant or some other creepy crawly!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:23 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be worried if he didn't act like that.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I'd be worried if he didn't act like that.
The only time he hasn't cried when he got a vaccine was when he got the first of the MMR jabs. He just gave the nurse the dirtiest look I have ever seen then carried on playing with the toggle on my sweater!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:40 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

..so your son doesn't hate you, rather the nurse or jabs in general.

Don't even mention the one in 4 weeks time. It'll be here soon enough plus I've found that kids and timelines (or their lack of sense of what one is!) don't mix!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Our 2-year old is now scared of doctors due to jabs.

When my wife gave birth to our second, he was in the room with us in the hospital when a doctor walked in (white coat gave it away).

He walked up to to the doctor and held her hand. "Oh, how sweet" she said.

He then proceeded to walk to the door, she opened it and walked out with him, he then let go of her hand and ran back into the room... leaving her outside!

Subtlety is not a strong point of our child at the moment.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

It's surprising what kids can get used too, my youngest was 7 yrs old when he had to start taking 5 shots a day, he 'practised' on us (mom n dad) for a couple of days (ouch) and ever since then, he has happily 'shot' himself on a daily basis (10 yrs)

For some reason, he still insists that I do the night time one in his tummy though
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I used to be terrified of doctors and people in white coats as I spent a lot of time in hospital when a kid and had to have heart surgery.I would have to be dragged into places like Boots and pharmacies. You can just imagine my reaction the first time I went into a butchers with my mum and saw a man standing in a white coat with blood all over the front of it!

My son seemed to have forgotten about the jab today till his dad came home and asked him how it went!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:46 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I have to take time off work when my 1 year old needs shots, no-one else will hold him still whilst they put the needles in him so I have to do it. Luckily he doesn't hold a grudge and I'm the only one who can comfort him when he's upset so it works out ok. Still not something I enjoy though and with number 2 on the way something I'll have to do more often
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

I had to physically restrain my 7 year old when she had a HepB jab a couple of weeks ago, was awful! The fuss she made was unreal, I had to carry her in the room after I dragged her from the carpark. Nothing else for it, had to be done. My son was brilliant though, showing his older sister up!
Dreading the next shot (and bloody paying for it too, £35 each!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.