My parents left today

Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:52 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy My parents left today

Hey everyone,

My folks have been staying with is in Oz for the last 3 weeks. The lovely people took unpaid leave and spent lots of money in flying out to give us a hand as things were pretty crappy and we were very miserable.

Anyway, the last few weeks have been great - things are looking up all round and it's been brilliant having someone to share it all with. They also spent the whole time adoring their grandson who loves them to bits and got more love and attention than he's ever had in his little life.

They left last night and I am finding it very difficult to carry on without bursting into tears every 5 mins! We have booked flights back for December which isn't even that far away, I know, but I feel so sorry for my son and them not being able to spend all their time together and feel very much on my own again.

I just want to go home
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My parents left today

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Hey everyone,

My folks have been staying with is in Oz for the last 3 weeks. The lovely people took unpaid leave and spent lots of money in flying out to give us a hand as things were pretty crappy and we were very miserable.

Anyway, the last few weeks have been great - things are looking up all round and it's been brilliant having someone to share it all with. They also spent the whole time adoring their grandson who loves them to bits and got more love and attention than he's ever had in his little life.

They left last night and I am finding it very difficult to carry on without bursting into tears every 5 mins! We have booked flights back for December which isn't even that far away, I know, but I feel so sorry for my son and them not being able to spend all their time together and feel very much on my own again.

I just want to go home
Know exactly what your saying. My parents left about 3 weeks ago after having spent 3 weeks here. Seemed to fit in easily as well (which is strange) as back in the UK we would have been at each others throats!!!
Anyway, it was harder saying goodbye this time than when we left to emigrate The stupid thing is I will be seeing them again in about 5 weeks time so I have no idea why we all got so upset. I think seeing the girls having a good time with the grandparents upset me as I knew it wouldn't be like this every week. Unfortunately for me though we are leaving Oz permanently so the girls will get to spend more time with the family.

Not much advice but we are all here for you to rant away and sob.

Lynne x
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:22 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lynne,

Yes - that's what upset me most - they were just blown away by my little boy and how much he could do. They kept telling him how clever he was and how much they adored him and to think of him not having that breaks my heart

We have also pretty much decided to leave but it won't be til next year so even with a trip home at Xmas, I feel he is really missing out. I need to adopt some grandparents for him!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

joetrac will become famous soon enoughjoetrac will become famous soon enough

Hi I posted an almost exact thread on another web site!

My inlaws left 3 weeks ago having spent 6 weeks her.My 2 year old was in her element spending time with her grandparents and the goodbye was worse that the time we moved here.

We have decided to move back home cause I cant put my family through these goodbyes everytime someone visits.

Just wanted to let you know that your not alone and I hope it gets better for you.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:15 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

I felt like that when mum and dad left in May and then when SIL and husband left in June, I cried and cried and cried. I dont think it will ever get easier - they will be getting to know me in brisbane airport!

It puts me back to square one of desprately wanting to go home. I have a aching feeling all over and some days wished I have never even thought about australia. We had no negative feeling about coming here, hit us the weekend we were flying out and leaving our loving family and friends.

We have had 11 weeks on our own since our last visitors and to be honest the weeks have flown by, both busy working and starting to feel a little settled. We have in laws arriving on tuesday and it cannot come quicker - we left england in November last year so its 10 months since we have seen them. They are here for two months which should be fab - should be able to do loads together.

We decided to book flights home for a holiday so we go home with them October (9 weeks on friday and ill be home) not that im counting

December will come quicker than you think, its so hard now but you'll get through it - we try and get out at least somewhere on the weekend - see a new place.

We are still very undecided about staying in australia. If you had of asked me 11 weeks ago it would have been - deffinately going home after xmas. But now I am learning to cope with missing people and try to focus on us here and the wonderful opportunity we have. The deciding factor will be on our trip home in October.

It makes me really happy the fact that my parents, SIL and husband and Inlaws have all come or are coming out to see us here - they would never have come to australia if we wasnt here. They can now say they have been and seen a wonderful place in the huge world we live in.

It all ways good to know there are others who are in exactly the same boat and you.

Chin up.

Est
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:56 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Hey everyone,

I just want to go home
big hugs its so sad when they go home i normally feel down for about 2 weeks after its hard!!

hope you feel better soon!!