My own reasons!

Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

L8.Scouser will become famous soon enoughL8.Scouser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My own reasons!

Forget the QM2, well.... for me I have to as it doesn't swim by Long Beach docks. I will be going home in style by using a Tardis. This little police box is quite the luxury and no restrictions on luggage....hell you don't even need a visa or entry clearance.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:07 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: My own reasons!

Originally Posted by L8.Scouser
Forget the QM2, well.... for me I have to as it doesn't swim by Long Beach docks.
Oh yes it does!

http://www.cunard.com/AboutCunard/Ne...97&Active=News
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Thankyou for that, just ordered the brochure Might be far less stressful going home this way with the little one.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:35 pm

NewCalgarian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gazman111
Well I spoke with my old boss and he offered me my job back. 25 days off plus 8 bank holidays. Im sorry but North America cannot compare with Europe for paid holidays. Add to that 15 pounds to fly to Majorca and Im on my way home.
Things like taking Friday + Monday off to go away is just not possible with 10 floating days! Thats 20% of your whole years allowance for a long weekend! Add in a couple of afternoons to pick people up from the airport etc.
Sounds like that two of us heading back to Derbyshire then!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazman111
Hi to all, read the forums for a few years but felt like letting you all know my thoughts on moving out then moving back. We moved in 2001 to Ontario Canada for no reason other than wanting to try something different. We had no problem with UK education, health or anything it was just a matter of not wanting to regret not trying it.
So now after a few years We have decided to move back, why, because what I have given up is not worth what I have gained. That is my statement of the day. I have honestly weighed up all I get from being here and it dosn't make up for what I miss. people have told me that the UK is only a few hours on an plane but when you only get 10 days vacation this does not always work. My retired parents have seen more of Canada than me because my holidays are either with people visiting us or us visiting them.
Also dont kid yourself that e mail is a great way to send photographs etc. yes it is but it will never ever compare to you childrens interaction with their Grandparents, cousins etc when they are in each others company.
Canada is a great place to live and I have no problem with it at all however it is certainly not the garden of eden it is made out to be. I have been laid off once and my current company could only be described as shakey due to the US economy.
The simple fact is I honestly think I will be denying my children of soooooo much family stuff just by staying here, so thats it, we decided in Sept 2005 after months of discussion and will hope to be back this summer.
Any advice would be great!

Did you get your Canadian citizenship? If not, you need to be aware that after a few years back in the UK your permanent resident status will be gone for good and there will be no easy way back.

Same goes for your children should they want to study, live or work in Canada (and it also means they won't be able to use the NAFTA provisions to work in the US). Unless of course they were born in Canada.

Jeremy