Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

My Christmas message to the nation

My Christmas message to the nation

Old Dec 20th 2007, 12:22 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Christmas message to the nation

Originally Posted by seasprite
Great to hear ! I concur....
Merry Christmas to all, I am actually so excited about this one. (contented sigh). We went to the 4 year olds nativity last week...he was Joseph (probably because I am vice chairman!),he refused to "dress up", sat next to Mary and sulked until it was time to sing and then they all regaled us with funny Christmas songs. So, so sweet, I seemed to have something in my eye..
It is bracingly cold here and guess what? We still go outside and play footie and go walking. And all enjoy it. So there!
And no I don't care about crowds because I shop online...and how. So much choice, so spoilt. Just about to highlight the Christmas tv guide and check we have enough tins of Quality Street...Bring it on!
Hi seasprite - lovely to hear from you - I know you are another member of the 'so glad to be back' brigade so you enjoy every minute of your proper English Christmas!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Great post! I think the feeling for 'belonging' can be very strong!
Glad you are feeling more settled & have a fabulous Christmas!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pommybird
Well if the Queen can do it..................here goes...........

Well as I sit here its 2 degrees outside the sun is shining and I thank God that my sheer determination and a bit of luck and fate has resulted in us being back in the UK.

We've been back 16 months now (after 2 years in Perth) and I finally feel settled and normal after 4/5 years of the turbulence of emigration, homesickness, rows with the OH (he wanted to stay in Oz - I didn't), disruption and more arguments as we returned back to the UK and finally sorting our lives out back here.

I think the main thing I have learned is that where you are happiest is not very much to do with the place at all but it is more to do with you as a person and your thoughts, feelings and emotions, your relationships with friends and family and whether you have a sense of belonging - it's been said many times before, but sun, beach and barbies are all meaningless if it doesn't feel right inside. Never underestimate you gut feel and never let anyone tell you that you are mad for wanting to go back to the UK!!

And to all out of you out there really wanting to come home I send wishes and luck to you that 2008 will be your year to return to the UK for good.

As for me when I was in my darkest times in Perth I never thought I would get back to the UK - so many barriers - no money, OH did not want to return, kids were settled, but my will and determination to return cut through all this stuff and lucky for me although we had some difficult times we now find ourselves back home and finally settled.

Anyway I hope you all have a great Chsritmas wherever you are - I'm really gonna enjoy mine just as it's meant to be...........with family, friends, Tescos mince pies, Twiglets, the Radio Times TV guide, cold crappy weather and with the contentment that comes with finally being home, settled and happy!
THANKYOU!! Have a great Christmas and a very Happy new Year
Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Hi seasprite - lovely to hear from you - I know you are another member of the 'so glad to be back' brigade so you enjoy every minute of your proper English Christmas!
Thankyou ,you too. I was driving this morning in -1 and I still get that smiling inside feeling just being here and not anywhere else. Happiness to all.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:54 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - cannot believe all the karma messages from all of you out there that are desperate to back home in the UK for Christmas next year - to all of you....

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave New Year
All anguish pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear

These lyrics are from to the best Christmas song ever - this song always makes me think of Christmas in the UK, attached is the link to a video of it on youtube....enjoy.....................

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOfXumI18A

Wherever you are in the world I wish you peace and joy over Christmas
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Crikey PB, wanna tip me right over ther edge babe???? xxxxxxx

I was in Woolies the other morning at stupid o'clock to get my groceries when they started playing "I'll be Home For Christmas", I nearlt crumbled round the bread aisle..sob sob...
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:41 am
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by TraceyW

I was in Woolies the other morning at stupid o'clock to get my groceries when they started playing "I'll be Home For Christmas", I nearlt crumbled round the bread aisle..sob sob...
Sorry T!

It's a very special song to me - my last last Christmas in Perth was December 2005 and although I tried to put on a brave face for the kids I was just so miserable and I remember playing this song over and over to myself and it gave me the guts to pull myself together and turn my life around.

Anyway chuck - have a good one and I'm waiting with bated breath to see what decisions 2008 brings you!!xx
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry T!

It's a very special song to me - my last last Christmas in Perth was December 2005 and although I tried to put on a brave face for the kids I was just so miserable and I remember playing this song over and over to myself and it gave me the guts to pull myself together and turn my life around.

Anyway chuck - have a good one and I'm waiting with bated breath to see what decisions 2008 brings you!!xx
Ahh hi PB - your posts made me go all warm n fluffy.
So glad ur happy and settled.

Have a brilliant Xmas EVERYONE and an even better 2008.

Flea - I've been offline for a while, OMG - you are back in Oz.
I'll have to trawl to see why?
Good luck with it all and hope its brill being with ur man again.

As another returnee - I was never a winter person - dont know whats happened but I am LOVING it BIG TIME. scraping frost off the card windows, wrapping up for winter walks, frost in the morning on the fields.
I'm loving being home still, in so many ways.
Dreamt of Oz 2wice, both times on the hunt for a latte with a friend.

To all wanting to head back - the very bestest of wishes and all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:29 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Ahh hi PB - your posts made me go all warm n fluffy.
So glad ur happy and settled.

Have a brilliant Xmas EVERYONE and an even better 2008.

Flea - I've been offline for a while, OMG - you are back in Oz.
I'll have to trawl to see why?
Good luck with it all and hope its brill being with ur man again.

As another returnee - I was never a winter person - dont know whats happened but I am LOVING it BIG TIME. scraping frost off the card windows, wrapping up for winter walks, frost in the morning on the fields.
I'm loving being home still, in so many ways.
Dreamt of Oz 2wice, both times on the hunt for a latte with a friend.

To all wanting to head back - the very bestest of wishes and all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh my goodness!! There you are Tanya. I have been thinking about you this week wondering how you were getting on.
Yes, I am back here for now. A long and complicated story, which you will see from my posts has been a real rollercoaster ride.
I presume you are still enjoying blighty? Great to hear from you again. Have a good christmas and i hope 2008 is YOUR year! xxx
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Oh my goodness!! There you are Tanya. I have been thinking about you this week wondering how you were getting on.
Yes, I am back here for now. A long and complicated story, which you will see from my posts has been a real rollercoaster ride.
I presume you are still enjoying blighty? Great to hear from you again. Have a good christmas and i hope 2008 is YOUR year! xxx
U2 mate.

My jaw dropped when I saw you were back.
Be happy and anjoy and all good things for 2008

Hope this time next year your back n settles in UK if thats where u want to be
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tanya
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:33 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
U2 mate.

My jaw dropped when I saw you were back.
Be happy and anjoy and all good things for 2008

Hope this time next year your back n settles in UK if thats where u want to be
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tanya

Hi Birdy - good to hear from you - hope you're still glad to be back.

Right my lovelies - been out snapping today so here's some photos to give you a little taste of England at Christmas time - note it's not all drizzle and doom and gloom!!
Attached Thumbnails My Christmas message to the nation-studland.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-bankes-arms.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-corfe-castle.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-dscn0545.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-old-harry-rocks.jpg  

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:38 pm
Grace and gratitude

And a few more.....
Attached Thumbnails My Christmas message to the nation-dscn0554.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-bankes-arms.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-dscn0546.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-dscn0556.jpg   My Christmas message to the nation-dscn0543.jpg  

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Birdy - good to hear from you - hope you're still glad to be back.

Right my lovelies - been out snapping today so here's some photos to give you a little taste of England at Christmas time - note it's not all drizzle and doom and gloom!!
Hi PB

Lovely piccies PB - beautiful.

Alls great with me thanks.

Got lotsa photos to upload but my computers not near the internet yet so will have to try to do it from my Dads computer over Xmas.

Have fun

xxx
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:54 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Love the pictures...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

You made me laugh so much just reading that!!!!!

I almost did the same thing myself a few weeks ago - what a pair of blathering idiots!! (And I mean that most sincerely, folks!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.