Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

My Canadian wife with our kids will live in the UK while I work aborad?

My Canadian wife with our kids will live in the UK while I work aborad?

Old Sep 12th 2010, 6:39 am
Just Joined

britbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Canadian wife with our kids will live in the UK while I work aborad?

Hi, Can my wife who's Canadian and out Brit-Canadian babies live in the UK while I live abroad? Will she be granted with a UK visa. Right now we're in Canada but we're planning to go to the UK and find a place there to rent before I work abroad in the Middle East. I can file my tax from aborad so I'll be declared as a british resident. Will this work?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice
Default Re: My Canadian wife with our kids will live in the UK while I work aborad?

i'm not so sure you are permitted to do this

your wife can apply for a settlement visa based on the circumstances that you are returning to the UK to live permanently

if you then leave to work overseas you may fall foul of the system, especially when you apply for an extension of the visa or conversion to indefinite leave to remain because UKBA will want proof of your relationship, where you have been living in particular, as well as your income sources

suggest you take a close look at the relevant website, www.ukvisas.gov.uk