Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A msg for you, Rudy (and all Specials fans)

A msg for you, Rudy (and all Specials fans)

Old May 5th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A msg for you, Rudy (and all Specials fans)

Not my cup of tea as I was always on the rock side of the fence, but I'm sure there are some here that will love it. Perhaps a certain person that used to live in Adelaide?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...als-gig-review
Old May 5th 2009, 4:09 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: A msg for you, Rudy (and all Specials fans)

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Not my cup of tea as I was always on the rock side of the fence, but I'm sure there are some here that will love it. Perhaps a certain person that used to live in Adelaide?

'The Specials' were from my hometown - Coventry. The city centre was probably nice before it was rebuilt after most of it was destroyed in the WWII blitz, mostly with ugly 1960's era buildings which wouldn't look out of place in an eastern European city.

Their song "Ghost Town" was written about Coventy as it used to be the heart of the British motor car industry, but many of the factories and suppliers to the car industry were being closed down in the late 70's and early 80's and unemployment quickly rose.

I often used to see Terry Hall wandering around London's Euston station. Perhaps he likes trains.
Old May 5th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A msg for you, Rudy (and all Specials fans)

yes, it's my cup of tea.........

perhaps, I am the most enthusiastic FAN of THE SPECIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV TERRY HALL to death........................ He has got one of the Most AMAZING Beautiful Voice I've Ever Heard!!!

ppl don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve me! (why me luving the speicals too much?) they think I am tad strange....... (cos I didn't grow up in UK!)

I really can't live a day without listening to the Specials!!!!!!! & learnt the most of the ryrics by heart..............

(hey, tr1boy, most of Korean girls do HATE British SKA, and Specials etc. I don't think your wife knows or interested about these stuff anyway........... ) I know I am weird. ........

wish I was in UK Now..............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...heir-fans.html
Old May 5th 2009, 9:43 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

oh I so wish I could have seen them again great review I just loved them saw them in 81
Old May 5th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

(hey, tr1boy, most of Korean girls do HATE British SKA, and Specials etc. I don't think your wife knows or interested about these stuff anyway........... ) I know I am weird. ........
hehe I can't say she hates it as she doesn't klnow it exists! Most Korean music I've heard is way too 'sarang hey yo' for my liking, although I have heard some good guitarists in Nagwon Don market.

Mrs Triboy is doing well on the cultural side of things, and now knows way more about Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse etc than she used to. She came to see TOOL with me a couple of years ago, not too many Koreans in that audience

She also knows a lot more about motorbikes, guitars and can recognise the top pro cyclists as well. She's doing very well
Old May 5th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

hehe I can't say she hates it as she doesn't klnow it exists! Most Korean music I've heard is way too 'sarang hey yo' for my liking, although I have heard some good guitarists in Nagwon Don market.

Mrs Triboy is doing well on the cultural side of things, and now knows way more about Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse etc than she used to.

She also knows a lot more about motorbikes, guitars and can recognise the top pro cyclists as well. She's doing very well
Surely she doesn't know ANYTHING about it and doesn't even know it exist....... that's pretty normal.

Yeah. They are dodgy Korean pop songs eh? .. god, I hate them really ...... A Korean girl said to me before..... She hates Muse, Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand, New Order, The Specials, and loads of British bands etc etc. - cos the Brit pops are so gloomy and irritable .......... (though she loves Carpenters's Yesterday Once more rubbish - whereas I do hate trash Yankee pops!) She is bloody idiot to me anyway!!!!! They (Koreans) never ever understand my HOT feelings toward British music in general! I like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (BRMC) and The Fun Lovin' Criminals kind of stuff too. .. My Brit mate laughed his head off when I said I luv such stuffs......... cos I am a little girl........

glad your wife is doing so well.... and now she is becoming a TRue British slowly...........

I know you are Heavenly nice to her.

Best luck for you & your wife!

I am seriously jealous of you guys you know!

Last edited by crap coffee; May 5th 2009 at 11:30 am.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

glad your wife is doing so well.... and now she is becoming a TRue British slowly...........

I know you are Heavenly nice to her.

Best luck for you & your wife!

I am seriously jealous of you guys you know!
Well she is nice to me as well. I was in so much pain last, really 'mani apio' and she said this morning that when I am recovered from my crash I should go ahead to UK and just take 6 mths off and spend some quality time with Mum and Dad. I won't do that as securing a job would be priority and wouldn't want to be away from her that long.

But the thought was lovely.