Moving to UK - medicines

Old Nov 18th 2018, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

AnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to UK - medicines

Hi everyone, I am going to start to pack and getting my ducks in row for impending move to the UK πŸ™‚ I am confused about carrying my medicine in check in luggage. I am wondering what kind of medicine I can carry in my check in luggage. I wish to take medicine like not in a bulk but like a strip of fever , cold , headache medicines that suits me also my multivitamin and herbal tonic. Is there a way to figure out what is allowed and what’s not ?
Sorry if I wrote my query at wrong forum and I request the mod to move it to right one πŸ™πŸΌ
Thank you in advance. Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!😊
Old Nov 18th 2018, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UK - medicines

You can bring in most stuff that you can buy over the counter. When we travel back from the USA we bring in Tylenol, ibuprofen, decongestant etc. as it is much cheaper. We don’t bring huge quantities of course.

https://www.gov.uk/travelling-controlled-drugs

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-drugs-list--2
Old Nov 20th 2018, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

If you do pack liquids make sure you put them in zippy bags to avoid unexpected spillage.

For prescription medications, I always pack them in the carry on in case the checked goes missing.

Also, it is useful to have the complete print out of your prescription meds that you get from the pharmacy for the doctors here. It's the best way for them to determine the equivalent meds here if they are under another name.

Bon voyage!
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Over the Counter medicines in their original packaging in small amounts (eg 1 pack each) are unlikely to cause you any problems in checked in luggage. I did it the other way, ie with medicines available in the UK that are unavailable in the US, and never had any problems.

Prescription medicine should go in your hand-luggage, again packaged as it came from the pharmacy.