Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving to the UK from Canada with 13 & 15 y.o.

Wikiposts

Moving to the UK from Canada with 13 & 15 y.o.

Old Oct 4th 2010, 11:35 am
Just Joined

macdonlg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the UK from Canada with 13 & 15 y.o.

hi all,

Just wanting to get some perspective. we are considering a move to the UK(England) from Mississauga, Canada with 13 and 16 year old boys. Was wanting to get a feel for how difficult it may be for them to adjust. The oldest child is in grade 11 and is doing exceptionally well so I don't expect a problem with the school work per se - I am more concerend with him adapting and finding new friends.

If you have done this or know of people who have I'd love to gain some insights.

Thanks
Cheers
Mac
Old Oct 4th 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the UK from Canada with 13 & 15 y.o.

Originally Posted by macdonlg
hi all,

Just wanting to get some perspective. we are considering a move to the UK(England) from Mississauga, Canada with 13 and 16 year old boys. Was wanting to get a feel for how difficult it may be for them to adjust. The oldest child is in grade 11 and is doing exceptionally well so I don't expect a problem with the school work per se - I am more concerend with him adapting and finding new friends.

If you have done this or know of people who have I'd love to gain some insights.

Thanks
Cheers
Mac
Hi Mac,

We recently returned after 12 years abroad, our youngest son is 16 and is now in college studying for A leves and taking 3 GCSE's...I worried about him as he is quiet but has a wonderful dry sense of humour which he shows when he gets to know you....so far he has been fine...everyone is usually new to a college and have just left High School so all finding their feet so to speak...our son was doing 5 Tee's (like A levels) and we worried about him doing a different cirriculum but so far he has been fine and doing very well....even joined the college football team....we have had no trouble with other students etc....everyone seems nice and it does not seemed to have bothered our son....I have stopped asking him if he okay...he really enjoys it here...especially going to watch the Football team he supports win this Sunday lol....good luck and I think we would of come home sooner if I had not worried so much about our children (as most parents do!!).....
Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by macdonlg
hi all,

Thanks
Cheers
Mac

Hi, afraid i don't have an advice as we have 3 littlies. We too are moving back and as you can see from just next to you. If you don't mind me asking, what are the reasons for moving back? I understand if its private, just like to get someone elses perspective, especially when your just up the road
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

mickycrockett is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok,,,,I must be honest Canada is not all they make out it to be...Long live the queen...LOl

Wish I was back home!!Good luck to you all in your move back.

Love

xx