Moving to UK

Old Jun 14th 2020, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Gloriajean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to UK

Hi I’m moving from Canada to UK I have two tiny dog and 1 cat what’s the best way to fly I don’t want to fly my dogs in cargo.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UK

Hi,I am a registered dog breeder with both the British Kennel Club since 1962 & later Spanish Club,Bred Yorkies,Cairn Terriers Cavalier King Charles & German Shepherds.Now retired from my business in Spain part of which involved transporting pets all over the world.My own were initially transported from UK,including my valuable breeding pairs of parrots(I am a member of the Parrot Society) to Spain by air.I can assure you that air transport is the best & safest way you can use.Regulations for animal transport is so much better than for human travel.I have had to deal with this to countries such as Australia,Canada,all over Europe,& even Israel.,the many naturally were back into UK quarantine at that time for British clients.There is no sensible way we could have transported some 23 dogs/cats back to the U.S except by air,all arrived in good order.Sometimes I did over the years need to add new blood to my breeding stock which again came to me from UK or elsewhere in Europe & never had a problem as I knew that they were well looked after in transit.I do understand,that as a pet owner,you are concerned about your pets,as you should be.To assure you I can only say that I entrusted to an airline Breeding pair of Amazons & my valuable African Grey Parrots,notorious for their temperamental nature if unsettled,will simply lie down & expire,yet were delivered safely in good condition.Hope this puts your mind at rest.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 2:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I think that your only realistic alternative is for a trans-atlantic ship - I am not sure how many ships have kennels for dogs, but I think the QE and QM do, sailing out of New York.

To Dougal's point, most animals do much better secured in a cage in the dark, they are more stressed by being in large crowds and lots of people making noise, such as in an airline cabin.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 16th 2020 at 2:55 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Gloriajean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think that your only realistic alternative is for a trans-atlantic ship - I am not sure how many ships have kennels for dogs, but I think the QE and QM do, sailing out of New York.

To Dougal's point, most animals do much better secured in a cage in the dark, they are more stressed by being in large crowds and lots of people making noise, such as in an airline cabin.

Hi Thank You for the information! I am awaiting a shipping company quote hoping my little dogs will travel in cargo together they are very small ?