Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving to UK in 2020. Can I pull it off?

Moving to UK in 2020. Can I pull it off?

Old Jun 15th 2019, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

zdenka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to UK in 2020. Can I pull it off?

Hello,

I am an EU citizen currently living in Canada. I just got accepted into MSc program in the UK. My plan was to finish the program online over the next 3 years and then move to the UK for practicum (a few years) and potentially stay forever if it's the right fit.
Never thought Brexit would actually happen. Now I worry that I will never be able to live in the UK to complete my education/training which would be a huge waste of time and money.

What do you guys think about this situation?

thank you.

Old Jun 16th 2019, 9:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UK in 2020. Can I pull it off?

More non-EU citizens move to the UK each year than EU citizens. Freedom of movement is convenient but not a necessity.
Old Jun 16th 2019, 4:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
More non-EU citizens move to the UK each year than EU citizens. Freedom of movement is convenient but not a necessity.
I think that people in Britain are going to be suprised, pleasantly or otherwise, that Brexit will have relatively little impact on immigration into the UK.
Old Jun 16th 2019, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think that people in Britain are going to be suprised, pleasantly or otherwise, that Brexit will have relatively little impact on immigration into the UK.
I think, and hope, you are correct.
Old Jun 16th 2019, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

zdenka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Thank you. I was worried about that. I wouldn't want to spend a hefty amount on a program I wouldn't be able to complete due to new immigration laws. I am also past the prime age to become a mail order bride.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 7:46 am
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe that even the most "swivel-eyed" of Brexiteers have ever proposed that bona fide post-graduate students be prevented from studying in the UK, so your fears are/were unfounded.