Reload this Page >

Moving our pet back to the U.K. from France

Moving our pet back to the U.K. from France

Old Feb 15th 2022, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Lindsey73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving our pet back to the U.K. from France

Hi there
We moved to France in September 2020. Our dog has the EU passport. Can we move back to the U.K. with her on that passport or do we need to get her a french one? Don’t really want to get a french passport as we’re moving back to the U.K. permanently. I read somewhere that if we moved before brexit then her passport can still be used. Is this correct? Tia
Old Feb 18th 2022, 3:34 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving our pet back to the U.K. from France

Your dog has a passport? I'm confused.

Since when did pets get issued passports?
Old Feb 18th 2022, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea

They’ve been around for a quite a few years now.

https://www.gov.uk/taking-your-pet-abroad

Old Feb 22nd 2022, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

They might mean a Pet Passport which has all the information about their pets vaccinations etc
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Pets Passports were a concession for British Nationals issued when we were in EU.
Old Feb 23rd 2022, 9:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We would need one if we moved with our pusscat from NewZealand back to the UK. She would need an anti rabies jab and the record to prove that along with the usual
Old Feb 24th 2022, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs, I think Pets Passports were only in Europe not involved in our Commonwealth countries as it had to do with EU.But you will have to check that out.In any event I believe it is no longer valid,unless there has been yet another u-turn.Part of my business was shipping pets all over the world for any nationality but obviously,when the Pets Passport scheme started,British ex-pats.returning to or coming from UK could often do it themselves.Prior to that there was the 6months quarantine regulation on return.That needed some kind of business such as ours as it required a special licence to operate working between each country´s Min.of Ag.& the relevant airlines.Masses of paperwork which had to be absolutely spot on particularly regarding rabies jabs.
As you will know,UK does not have a rabies problem but it is a hot potato elsewhere.Good luck.